Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Vaccine passport required to enter Amex

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think it’s a bit early to be getting all triumphant about that.

Most schools have only just gone back, and even given Delta’s reported quicker incubation period, not much will be coming through in tests yet, especially given kids are likely to have only mild symptoms, if any at all.

And, as we move seen many times before, infection growth can start slowly before picking up the pace. In the current environment, infection growth from schools may not become apparent until kids take it home and share it with parents and grandparents.

Not triumphant and as you will see my post above yours ..I acknowledged “early days,

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
By that logic I can’t ever celebrate anything the government does. As I’ve said, it needs parliamentary approval and they clearly don’t have the numbers, the same will be the case in three months. It’s a step in the right direction, delighted.

The Government has a huge majority. Boris could whip the vote and it would go through with only a little bit of grumbling. Labour could also choose to support it.

The thing is, Boris has no ambition beyond surviving the next seven days so he'll listen to whoever shouts loudest. He's now behind in the polls, despite the stick some on here were giving Sir Keir.

If the Sweaties introduce it as planned and their case rates decline, while ours increase, I'd give it two months minimum before the next U turn.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
You talk about immunity as of it’s off/on, and that someone is either immune from infection or not.

That’s not the case at all. Immunity is a sliding scale. You can have some immunity via vaccination and/ or prior infection but even that does not make you completely immune in the way you are stating.

You are of course correct - shame parts of the NHS don’t understand this. Attached is a screenshot my brother was sent a few weeks back by his GP.

Attachments

• 2D2FDF42-04D5-4FBE-B52A-E715AE392C7D.png
    2D2FDF42-04D5-4FBE-B52A-E715AE392C7D.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 157

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
The Government has a huge majority. Boris could whip the vote and it would go through with only a little bit of grumbling. Labour could also choose to support it.

The thing is, Boris has no ambition beyond surviving the next seven days so he'll listen to whoever shouts loudest. He's now behind in the polls, despite the stick some on here were giving Sir Keir.

If the Sweaties introduce it as planned and their case rates decline, while ours increase, I'd give it two months minimum before the next U turn.

The Conservatives have nothing like a majority when it comes to a vote on vaccine passports, huge swathes of the backbenches were preparing to vote against it. 43 had already signed a declaration opposing them. Everything relied on Labour, the frontbench of which has intimated they could not support it unless it included testing.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
The Conservatives have nothing like a majority when it comes to a vote on vaccine passports, huge swathes of the backbenches were preparing to vote against it. 43 had already signed a declaration opposing them. Everything relied on Labour, the frontbench of which has intimated they could not support it unless it included testing.

Wow. 43 you say?

The Tories have an 83 seat majority and the SNP are in favour of it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Surprises me a little with part of the wording “Covid immune”..not that I’m challenging what you say

The url is obviously fake, the grammar is terrible and inconsistent. The apostrophes are wrong, you have "winter" and "Winter" and the phraseology is straight out of an Indian call centre.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
My brother, not friend, but I can guarantee you all it’s not a fake text, not going to argue about it. He even rung the GP afterwards and got himself removed from their comms. Couldn’t care less if you don’t want to believe me! (And yes the link goes straight to the relevant NHS website.)

Re. Parliament, worth remembering it’s made up of two houses and the numbers in the Lords are far more unclear. Admittedly hasty to claim they definitely have the numbers though.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
You are of course correct - shame parts of the NHS don’t understand this. Attached is a screenshot my brother was sent a few weeks back by his GP.
Loved one's ? ???

Which prompts the question Loved one's what ?

Lol.

It's a scam. Spoofed sender. The next stage on clicking the link will be asking for bank details.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I’m late 20’s, not an old person vulnerable to scams, and yes I know the text is awfully written and full of misinformation. Quite literally the point of me posting it.

FYI, Accurx are not fake: https://www.accurx.com/security-and-privacy/for-patients

But I'd check that out. I've worked in technology related jobs for years and we are all susceptible. I've had my bank account completely compromised this year and am currently still working on shutting down some cloud based services that have been purchased in my name.

If it's real it needs reporting at least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here