Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Vaccine passport required to enter Amex

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I have to lateral flow twice a week. If you register one on the government website, you should be able to get an email confirmation sent.
OK, thanks. We've had those e-mails from when the school have done tests so I guess it is just the same.

Can anyone confirm if U18 need test result proof for The Amex?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Under 18's are exempt but the LFT's from school are fine. Just register on gov website & they'll send a text and email confirmation.
OK, thanks.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Good news if we get an away game against any Welsh teams in the Cup this season. covid passports required.

Should make getting tickets easier as the anti vaxxers refuse to travel.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Good news if we get an away game against any Welsh teams in the Cup this season. covid passports required.

Should make getting tickets easier as the anti vaxxers refuse to travel.

At this stage in the game, the anti-maskers are arguably more of a problem. 90%+ of the Amex attendees on Sunday won't be wearing a mask on Sunday. Not on the trains and not on the concourses. Seems to be this really weird blind spot that makes otherwise rational grown-ups act like FiveYearOlds as soon as they get to football. It's BEYOND pathetic. Just a thought: maybe consider acting your age instead of your shoe size?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The only time that it would be really important to wear a mask if one was concerned about the virus spreading would be in their seats.

In your seat, you are likely in a densely populated spot for a prolonged period of time, with a lot of talking, singing, shouting and going on. Lots of split and mucus particulate flying all over the place.

None of it really matters anymore in my opinion... but I wouldn't be so fussed about people not wearing them in the concourse if I were you, but more so when everyone is seated and watching the game.

Your opinions on the matter have been comprehensively demolished by far smarter people than me on other threads. So not a lot I can add really other than you're still talking bollox :shrug:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In other words, you probably will choose not to wear one in your seat because it doesn't suit you, even though that's where the real threat is ???

Ah, irrational to the end. Bless. Have been to both home games this season. Wore mask throughout both times, despite wearing glasses and having to de-mist same every approx 20 seconds. Good luck to all you anti-maskers. Won't be sharing any quality concourse time with you anytime soon. Ditto trains.

Final thought: you know that weally weally bad cold that many NSC users appear to be suffering from? Guess what? Your shouty concourse conversation on sunday will gift it to half a dozen of your fellow fans. Said it before, say it again: Act Your Age Not Your Shoe Size. WEAR A MASK

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
At this stage in the game, the anti-maskers are arguably more of a problem. 90%+ of the Amex attendees on Sunday won't be wearing a mask on Sunday. Not on the trains and not on the concourses. Seems to be this really weird blind spot that makes otherwise rational grown-ups act like FiveYearOlds as soon as they get to football. It's BEYOND pathetic. Just a thought: maybe consider acting your age instead of your shoe size?

We stand by our safety record in this matter:

Burnley away -No one died
Watford at home -No one died
Everton at home - No one died
Brentford away - No one died

Keith Mandement.png

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
Ah, irrational to the end. Bless. Have been to both home games this season. Wore mask throughout both times, despite wearing glasses and having to de-mist same every approx 20 seconds. Good luck to all you anti-maskers. Won't be sharing any quality concourse time with you anytime soon. Ditto trains.

Final thought: you know that weally weally bad cold that many NSC users appear to be suffering from? Guess what? Your shouty concourse conversation on sunday will gift it to half a dozen of your fellow fans. Said it before, say it again: Act Your Age Not Your Shoe Size. WEAR A MASK

Totally agree trains and platforms very few masks. In the concourse some people that were waiting to be served not even wearing a mask

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We stand by our safety record in this matter:

Burnley away -No one died
Watford at home -No one died
Everton at home - No one died
Brentford away - No one died

View attachment 140497

Serious question. How do you know? 175 people died yesterday. We don’t know who they were or where they were, but they were still people with families and friends.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Less than two weeks away from the end of the month, has the club announced what rules will be in place come the Arsenal game?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Less than two weeks away from the end of the month, has the club announced what rules will be in place come the Arsenal game?

I think the Premier League are voting on it soon?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Fair play to you. It's ridiculous when people wear masks in the concourse, then take their masks off in their seats for the reason I mentioned... but I certainly can't accuse you of doing that. Fair play :thumbsup:

But you are fighting a losing battle. People don't want to wear masks at the football, and if you can't get 99% of people to wear them in their seats, then it's pointless anyway.

In years to come, I wouldn't be surprised if mask-wearing during the pandemic is found to (after assessing all available data) at best have a very marginal impact on transmission or more likely has been the biggest supposed health benefit con of our lifetimes. Many people/companies/government seem to have a need to be seen to doing something visible to fight the pandemic and luv castigating others for not doing their bit...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Serious question. How do you know? 175 people died yesterday. We don’t know who they were or where they were, but they were still people with families and friends.

Wrong. Approximately 1200 people died yesterday, they all had families and friends. Covid isn't even in the top 5 causes of death anymore. Newest report is from July when cases were much higher, it's likely to be even lower in the list now.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...thlymortalityanalysisenglandandwales/july2021

Last edited:

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I maintain my stance on this, if you are even remotely concerned about catching covid or even transmitting the virus to someone else, if you are even the slightest bit concerned about other peoples behaviour ……then a football stadium with 30k other people is not the place for you, stay at home and be safe.

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
In years to come, I wouldn't be surprised if mask-wearing during the pandemic is found to (after assessing all available data) at best have a very marginal impact on transmission or more likely has been the biggest supposed health benefit con of our lifetimes. Many people/companies/government seem to have a need to be seen to doing something visible to fight the pandemic and luv castigating others for not doing their bit...

You may well be right…… BUT why take the risk. If wearing a mask has some chance of protecting you from other people or, perhaps more importantly, protecting other people from you, why take the risk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here