Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Vaccine passport required to enter Amex

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In years to come, I wouldn't be surprised if mask-wearing during the pandemic is found to (after assessing all available data) at best have a very marginal impact on transmission or more likely has been the biggest supposed health benefit con of our lifetimes. Many people/companies/government seem to have a need to be seen to doing something visible to fight the pandemic and luv castigating others for not doing their bit...

Interesting. What has informed your idea?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You may well be right…… BUT why take the risk. If wearing a mask has some chance of protecting you from other people or, perhaps more importantly, protecting other people from you, why take the risk.

Depends if you trust or believe the people assessing the RISK, one month they say wearing masks makes no difference next month we MUST wear a mask, one month only a certain grade of mask stops transmission the next we should all wear any old bit of cloth over our mouths ... saying that, when it's compulsory to do so I wear them, when it's an option or not properly enforced I no longer bother.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Conflicting evidence and a complete reversal of previous health advice from WHO (amongst others) plus a lifetime of governments making it up as they go along.

So, if you need surgery, you will happily tell the doctor and theatre staff, they don’t need to wear masks?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You may well be right…… BUT why take the risk. If wearing a mask has some chance of protecting you from other people or, perhaps more importantly, protecting other people from you, why take the risk.

would you subscribe to the idea of keeping practice of masks during the winter months, to inhibit the spread of influenza?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
So, if you need surgery, you will happily tell the doctor and theatre staff, they don’t need to wear masks?

Are you trying to conflate wearing a highly regulated, medical-grade mask in a sterile operating theatre environment with wearing any old bit of cloth over our mouths in the forlorn hope it makes any real difference as we go about our daily lives?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Are you trying to conflate wearing a highly regulated, medical-grade mask in a sterile operating theatre environment with wearing any old bit of cloth over our mouths in the forlorn hope it makes any real difference as we go about our daily lives?

Who wears any old bit of cloth? I certainly don’t. I bought a box online high BFE, and PFE filtration triple layer masks.
I wear a mask to protect others from my germs.

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
At this stage in the game, the anti-maskers are arguably more of a problem. 90%+ of the Amex attendees on Sunday won't be wearing a mask on Sunday. Not on the trains and not on the concourses. Seems to be this really weird blind spot that makes otherwise rational grown-ups act like FiveYearOlds as soon as they get to football. It's BEYOND pathetic. Just a thought: maybe consider acting your age instead of your shoe size?

This is the very reason that’s putting me off going to the Amex. I’ve been to the first two home matches, but with a holiday abroad on the 1st October, I’m keeping away from crowds. At the Everton match, no one sitting near me wore masks and hardly anyone on the coach to the games did either.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Who wears any old bit of cloth? I certainly don’t. I bought a box online high BFE, and PFE filtration triple layer masks.

The correct answer to my question was yes you were and the answer to your question is the vast majority of the UK public ...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The correct answer to my question was yes you were and the answer to your question is the vast majority of the UK public ...

Correct in your opinion. I have been in France over the past two weeks where masks are mandatory or 100€ fine, and Covid passes checked in every cafe/restaurant. Their cases are lower than the U.K.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Correct in your opinion. I have been in France over the past two weeks where masks are mandatory or 100€ fine, and Covid passes checked in every cafe/restaurant. Their cases are lower than the U.K.

Correct as a statement of fact. What has France and their piss poor response to Covid (reliance on the EU) got to do with the point you initially raised, are their masks operation theatre standard?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

So is there testing ����

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Like everything, there are those that don't take it seriously, ie wearing a mask that is covering you chin and not your mouth and nose. However, any bit of cloth will reduce the likelihood of spreading the virus. It won't eliminate it but it will reduce the aerosol spray from exhaling, coughing etc etc.

The better grade the mask, the less spray.

But I'm guessing you already know that.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016

What kind of mask do you think that staff within an operating theatre wear?

What standard / grade of mask is considered accepatable (in the UK)?

How do you think these masks differ in their effectiveness from what you have observed people wearing at the Amex?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I maintain my stance on this, if you are even remotely concerned about catching covid or even transmitting the virus to someone else, if you are even the slightest bit concerned about other peoples behaviour ……then a football stadium with 30k other people is not the place for you, stay at home and be safe.

Well of course if you want to be 100% sure then you stay at home but, as with everything, it's a question of balance. I find the non wearing of masks in the concourses as people eat, drink and talk face to face pretty odd behaviour for adults in the current climate but on balance I think staying put in your seat, outdoors without a mask is a relatively low risk. It's even more odd during a pandemic that people travelling on crowded trains wouldn't mask up but then a lot of people are exceptionally stupid.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Fair play for getting the proper mask, most people don't.

It isn't just to protect others, you're also getting protection, that's written in the guidance from the WHO and CDC.

You've said before that you're immunocompromised, I'm double jabbed and I've had covid with mild symptoms. If you and I are stood next to each other I can't accept that you're wearing a filtration mask for my protection.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well of course if you want to be 100% sure then you stay at home but, as with everything, it's a question of balance. I find the non wearing of masks in the concourses as people eat, drink and talk face to face pretty odd behaviour for adults in the current climate but on balance I think staying put in your seat, outdoors without a mask is a relatively low risk. It's even more odd during a pandemic that people travelling on crowded trains wouldn't mask up but then a lot of people are exceptionally stupid.

I went to the Watford game, had my ID & Covid passport checked as we arrived early. Just before kickoff I went to the loo. I’m in the north stand, and the concourse was heaving with 95% not wearing masks. I felt very uncomfortable trying to negotiate my way through the masses, and back again to my seat.
When people wanted to get to their seats, I turned my back on them so we weren’t face to face.
I left early (85 mins) because I couldn’t face walking through the concourse again. I didn’t feel safe at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here