Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Vaccine passport required to enter Amex

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Yep, that's my theory too.

Specifically at around January/February 2020 myself and a few colleagues were unwell. We're all key workers and not one of us have had covid since.

I'd be extremely surprised if I'm not immune given the so many probable exposures I've encountered, particularly in the last month.

If you really want to know, Lloyds pharmacy do sell an antibody test for £50.

https://onlinedoctor.lloydspharmacy.com/uk/coronavirus-covid-19-testing/covid-19-antibody-test-kit?gclid=CjwKCAjwyvaJBhBpEiwA8d38vECfmpbMesEu0FJpDTy2beL1T71bLCrVhXMl_EwRMCaT-GR60GNrVxoCWgcQAvD_BwE

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Meanwhile, in related news…

E_GNvEeWQAIMsTH.jpg

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
The Albion are allowed to impose any reasonable condition of entry they want. Including evidence of COVID safety (double jabbed etc).

And people will vote with their feet. Either they'll come and follow the entry rules, or they won't.

So far it looks to me like several thousand are not coming. Are they all in the camp that are concerned about catching COVID? Seems a lot of people to me.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Seems like the government have given up on this. Do they ever follow through with anything? What a shower.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I back the club on this one. Would rather they do more to keep people safe and encourage people to get vaccinated.

Not going to get hung up on the passport idea. Presumably if it happens, it will be as measure to stop things getting blown out of control in the autumn/winter.

Right now, a bit bizarrely, infections are on the decline again which is excellent

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Hmmm....

cases.PNG
Infections are still going up.PNG
in hospital.PNG

Attachments

• deaths.PNG
    deaths.PNG
    206.3 KB · Views: 126

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wouldn’t bother. Many people are absolutely desperate for passports and restrictions and will never admit they were wrong ‘because the government said they were going to do it’. Because what government ministers say they will do, always happens.

I like the idea of vaccine passports because it would stop the need for any other restrictions at all.

We're not talking about a little manifesto pledge being broken here BTW. They literally announced it seven days ago.

"Last week, Vaccines Minister Nadhim Zahawi said they would be required in nightclubs and other indoor venues in England by the end of the month.

Then came the row-back.
On Friday, Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden said they would "almost certainly" be necessary for nightclubs this autumn but said he'd prefer a more limited use of them.

By Sunday at 08:30 BST, the health secretary said on Sky News that the government hoped to avoid having them, and within the next hour told the BBC they will not be going ahead with plans.

Clearly there has been debate within government itself about their use but a decision has, for now, been made - even if the option will be kept in "reserve"."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58535258

I've bolded the bits you might want to think about.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yeah you're taking the 7 day case average. If you look at the last 3 days (and the Zoe app) they are on the decline again, big drops which will be reflected in the 7 day average shortly. Good news.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

OK - that's encouraging. Cheers.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
I like the idea of vaccine passports because it would stop the need for any other restrictions at all.

We're not talking about a little manifesto pledge being broken here BTW. They literally announced it seven days ago.

"Last week, Vaccines Minister Nadhim Zahawi said they would be required in nightclubs and other indoor venues in England by the end of the month.

Then came the row-back.
On Friday, Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden said they would "almost certainly" be necessary for nightclubs this autumn but said he'd prefer a more limited use of them.

By Sunday at 08:30 BST, the health secretary said on Sky News that the government hoped to avoid having them, and within the next hour told the BBC they will not be going ahead with plans.

Clearly there has been debate within government itself about their use but a decision has, for now, been made - even if the option will be kept in "reserve"."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58535258

I've bolded the bits you might want to think about.

‘They literally announced it seven days ago’. Yes, and they ‘literally announced that vaccine passports would be discriminatory and they would not be introducing them’ four days before they were initially announced a few months ago. Whilst it’s true that they’ve had to manage an impossible situation since March 2020, I don’t believe a word they say can be relied upon.

Vaccine passports, wider ethics aside, would also do very little to prevent onward infection. You’d have a silly situation where scores of vaccinated asymptomatic and mildly symptomatic carriers would be in crowded spaces whilst unvaccinated, healthy, recently tested people were excluded. I’m delighted they’ve been axed, and I say that as a vaccinated person.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Also, the government can keep it ‘in reserve’ all it likes. The fact remains that they need Parliament to approve it, and they haven’t got the numbers. A significant factor in the row-back, I’m sure.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I thought with schools back they should have been increasing ..hmmm

I think it’s a bit early to be getting all triumphant about that.

Most schools have only just gone back, and even given Delta’s reported quicker incubation period, not much will be coming through in tests yet, especially given kids are likely to have only mild symptoms, if any at all.

And, as we move seen many times before, infection growth can start slowly before picking up the pace. In the current environment, infection growth from schools may not become apparent until kids take it home and share it with parents and grandparents.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yep, that's my theory too.

Specifically at around January/February 2020 myself and a few colleagues were unwell. We're all key workers and not one of us have had covid since.

I'd be extremely surprised if I'm not immune given the so many probable exposures I've encountered, particularly in the last month.

You talk about immunity as of it’s off/on, and that someone is either immune from infection or not.

That’s not the case at all. Immunity is a sliding scale. You can have some immunity via vaccination and/ or prior infection but even that does not make you completely immune in the way you are stating.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Then it's a wee bit early for you to be celebrating, isn't it?

By that logic I can’t ever celebrate anything the government does. As I’ve said, it needs parliamentary approval and they clearly don’t have the numbers, the same will be the case in three months. It’s a step in the right direction, delighted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here