Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Vaccine passport required to enter Amex

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
There is a big difference between wanting to and being coerced to to have access to life activity for every single person such as is being suggested in the States. I am pro vaccine choice not a programme that forces it. The aim of that is for the benefit of trillion dollar business.[/QUOTE]

Another wild and unsubstantiated accusation. The aim of mass vaccination is to protect society. Every person who remains unvaccinated is a threat to that aim.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In the end, the club's just trying to keep its staff and customers safe as best they can, while trying to pre-empt the thinking of this unthinking flip-flopping government. But to be honest while 95% of attendees throw away their masks with gay abandon like five year olds putting one over on teacher under the misapprehension that 'covid is over' then frankly the club may as well not bother. Que sera sera and all that jazz

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Very glad I put Desperate on ignore :shrug:

You always say that (like anyone really cares [emoji23]) yet you always seem to pop up when I post and know what I’ve posted. It’s incredibly uncanny. And the constant use of childish insults. It does wonders for your image and credibility in debate. I won’t stoop as low I’ve decided long ago to not drop down to those levels anymore.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Big fan of the Government which is trying to make voters show ID before voting now halting vaccine passports because they don't want people to have to carry around documentation to prove things.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
There is a big difference between wanting to and being coerced to to have access to life activity for every single person such as is being suggested in the States. I am pro vaccine choice not a programme that forces it. The aim of that is for the benefit of trillion dollar business.[/QUOTE]

Another wild and unsubstantiated accusation. The aim of mass vaccination is to protect society. Every person who remains unvaccinated is a threat to that aim.

Apologies that is my opinion not a fact. Fair enough. I completely disagree that every person unvaccinated is a threat to that aim though. What nonsense.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The aim of covid vaccination was to get society back to normal. Now that we are back to normal, the aim of the vaccine is to protect the vulnerable directly.

I am unvaccinated and I seem to be unable to catch covid, presumably because I am naturally immune. This possibly makes me even less of a threat than those who are vaccinated.

I’m pleased you are staying safe. It is possible though that you have been an asymptotic carrier and passed on the virus. Hopefully not.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
It is tempting. He makes wild and ridiculous claims that lack substance and clearly thinks that everyone is out to get him. I am happy to engage though so that his claims of conspiracy are countered.

Who do I think is out to get me? This is a forum and we are debating. Some of us In a grown up way and some not so much.

I posted evidence about vit d then said it’s a shame that more effort isnt put into promoting this as an effective protection considering the millions being spent on restrictive measures and vaccination. What is wild about that? Why are you so triggered by it?

You then also said that you had had seen campaigns about it completely leaving out the context of not during the covid period so irrelevant.

What argument are you actually trying to win here?

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It is tempting. He makes wild and ridiculous claims that lack substance and clearly thinks that everyone is out to get him. I am happy to engage though so that his claims of conspiracy are countered.

Not for the first time, I salute your indefatigability :wink:

Sadly he was largely responsible for driving someone for whom I have lots of time off NSC, over Covid, so I'm less sanguine.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Who do I think is out to get me? This is a forum and we are debating. Some of us In a grown up way and some not so much.

I posted evidence about vit d then said it’s a shame that more effort isnt put into promoting this as an effective protection considering the millions being spent on restrictive measures and vaccination. What is wild about that? Why are you so triggered by it?

You then also said that you had had seen campaigns about it completely leaving out the context of not during the covid period so irrelevant.

What argument are you actually trying to win here?

Debate away. I am just pointing out when you are fitting things to your life outlook. The vitamin D research is a positive but you have twisted it into a negative.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Debate away. I am just pointing out when you are fitting things to your life outlook. The vitamin D research is a positive but you have twisted it into a negative.

I criticised the government. Now I might be wrong but you seem like the type of fella who probably isn’t the Tories best fan and I highly doubt you are pleased about the latest u turn so why get heated about me criticising them about not doing something that would have helped people not die of covid?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I do the Lateral Flow Tests several times a week as a requirement for work.

I have been in SO many scenarios where I should catch covid, but I just never do.

Would love for the government to start some sort of antibody test so I can confirm it officially.

Yes, it would be great if it could be demonstrated whether or not there are people that are immune. I’m not a scientist so have no idea whether or not this is possible.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I criticised the government. Now I might be wrong but you seem like the type of fella who probably isn’t the Tories best fan and I highly doubt you are pleased about the latest u turn so why get heated about me criticising them about not doing something that would have helped people not die of covid?

I’m certainly not heated. This issue is a good example of your approach though. You find some research on Vitamin D and you use it to trash others things done by the Government that you happen to disagree with. You are not making positive contributions to ‘help people not die of Covid.’ You are using anything you can to promote your anti establishment/libertarians views. Anybody can see through your fake empathy. I don’t actually think that is adult debate as you claim. It is petty point scoring and false use of science to back up a philosophy.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Face palm all you like, Barber implemented a policy that never was and you supported him, not only that you congratulated him.

You were wrong and should admit it

Wouldn’t bother. Many people are absolutely desperate for passports and restrictions and will never admit they were wrong ‘because the government said they were going to do it’. Because what government ministers say they will do, always happens.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I’m certainly not heated. This issue is a good example of your approach though. You find some research on Vitamin D and you use it to trash others things done by the Government that you happen to disagree with. You are not making positive contributions to ‘help people not die of Covid.’ You are using anything you can to promote your anti establishment/libertarians views. Anybody can see through your fake empathy. I don’t actually think that is adult debate as you claim. It is petty point scoring and false use of science to back up a philosophy.

Ok this is getting a bit weird. I never claimed to be posting to help people not die of covid. Yes I was using that report to criticise the government for not doing more to promote use of vitamins when they spent and spent so much on lockdown, masks, etc. Where was the fake empathy? Where was the false use of science?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Wouldn’t bother. Many people are absolutely desperate for passports and restrictions and will never admit they were wrong ‘because the government said they were going to do it’. Because what government ministers say they will do, always happens.

The weirdest thing is that from what I can tell the vast majority of those people detest the government in almost all other aspects away from covid. It’s like some mass Stockholm syndrome.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Ok this is getting a bit weird. I never claimed to be posting to help people not die of covid. Yes I was using that report to criticise the government for not doing more to promote use of vitamins when they spent and spent so much on lockdown, masks, etc. Where was the fake empathy? Where was the false use of science?

Yes, you did make that claim in post 836. That’s fake empathy because what you are really about is ‘freedom,’ your freedom that is.
It is a false use of science to find a piece of research on the positive effect of Vitamin D and twist it into an attack on other Covid measures. As to your other absurd post about Stockholm Syndrome I’m guessing you got that soundbite from one of your internet gurus (American?). Let’s be clear, I am a believer in public health measures. They have been essential over the past couple of hundred years to create the safety and freedoms you value so much for yourself. They involve taking part in society rather than freeloading on other people’s willingness to do so. To that end I support Covid control measures whilst infection rates and deaths are so high.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I do the Lateral Flow Tests several times a week as a requirement for work.

I have been in SO many scenarios where I should catch covid, but I just never do.

Would love for the government to start some sort of antibody test so I can confirm it officially.

Covid is a novel virus, which means there is zero chance you could have immunity without either being vaccinated or a prior natural infection.

As you are currently undergoing regular testing, it is possible you were infected naturally prior to the commencement of your testing regime.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Yes, you did make that claim in post 836. That’s fake empathy because what you are really about is ‘freedom,’ your freedom that is.
It is a false use of science to find a piece of research on the positive effect of Vitamin D and twist it into an attack on other Covid measures. As to your other absurd post about Stockholm Syndrome I’m guessing you got that soundbite from one of your internet gurus (American?). Let’s be clear, I am a believer in public health measures. They have been essential over the past couple of hundred years to create the safety and freedoms you value so much for yourself. They involve taking part in society rather than freeloading on other people’s willingness to do so. To that end I support Covid control measures whilst infection rates and deaths are so high.

Respectfully your reading of my intention is incorrect but you’ve convinced yourself of something and don’t seem to want to be open to any other possibility so there isn’t much point in carrying this on.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I back the club on this one. Would rather they do more to keep people safe and encourage people to get vaccinated.

Not going to get hung up on the passport idea. Presumably if it happens, it will be as measure to stop things getting blown out of control in the autumn/winter.

Right now, a bit bizarrely, infections are on the decline again which is excellent

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here