Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Vaccine passport required to enter Amex

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hope it becomes possible for you to feel ok to go again soon.

Away days are one of the best things about football

Cheers mate.

I remember....

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
So vaccine passports were just an empty threat aimed at those unsure about the vaccine in order to coerce people to get the jab? Well I never, didn’t see that one coming.

That being said, anything anyone in this government say they won’t do ends up actually happening so :shrug:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Must be very naive to believe what the PM has said and then impact upon fans. Hopefully the £20 ticket charge goes as well.

Let's get this straight. You genuinely believe that the PL chairman and Chief Execs that had a meeting with the Government (Nothing to do with the PM) about planning for this very issue the morning that Barber made this statement, should have told them that they didn't believe what they were saying and wouldn't do it?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Must be very naive to believe what the PM has said and then impact upon fans. Hopefully the £20 ticket charge goes as well.

True. He's a liar and cheat with more U turns than a driving instructor, whose only ambition is to stay in power till the end of the week. I'm sure you agree.

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
It’s mostly the unvaccinated ending up in hospital which will in turn cause the next lockdown so it is right to blame them.

Seeing as the anti-vaxxers don’t trust the science perhaps they should have their own hospital staffed entirely by their Facebook mates.

But the unvaccinated population is now a very small % of those that would ever need hospital or young people that bat it off easily. Whichever way you look at it the conclusion should be that we are going to be ok. If the vaccines do actually work.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I got that, it was the end bit about kids I didn't quite understand as it appeared a bit jumbled!

A very large number of people don’t want to give the vaccine to their children. In fact the JCVI has also said they shouldn’t but it’s clearly obvious many in government/SAGE are desperate to open everyone up to get the shots.

Therefore another lockdown is needed (hard if covid ids in place) so create a scenario where we all get locked down and the masses will do what asked to get life going again. That’s when I suspect covid Id and kids jabs will rise right to top of the agenda.

I could be wrong but that’s how I see it playing out.

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Nevertheless, the club can impose whatever conditions of ground entry they want (c.f. flasks). Maybe they'll protect the old and vulnerable at the expense of the young and stupid, unlike this terrible government?

I’ve not seen one person checked in two matches even when they were meant to be getting checked so I’ll be suprised if they then ramp it up operationally when they don’t even have to.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Brighton now looking to join the Scottish Premiership to keep vaccine passports and to ensure their staff and fans are safe.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No but you decided to speak for one and another one through a Facebook travel group
I take it you didn’t attend one of the numerous rallies against those rules

I am posting about my experiences and relating other’s experiences.

Why on earth would I protest against those rules? I’ve had more vaccinations and immunisations in my 70 years than I care to remember. Some of which have contributed to those diseases being almost eradicated.

I didn’t know my paternal grandmother because she died of diphtheria when my Dad was 8. That’s why I am pro vaccines for those who able to have it.
Over 80% vaccinated produces herd immunity, not ‘let the bodies pile high’.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sad in a way it's not being implemented - the idea of anti-Vax loons getting turned away from pubs, clubs, football, etc. is very appealing. Would be fascinating to see how quickly some of them revised their 'principles'!
On the other hand, I'm glad that this isn't now going to become a world where the discriminated against group is those of us without smart phones. Although the official Covid pass is a paper document which can, or could, be obtained on request (I have one) from the NHS - and it states on there in black and white that the Mobile phone version is there as an alternative - I can imagine disputes at a lot of venues where thick bouncers or badly trained marshalls would refuse to accept the paper document as a valid pass.
Oh well, we all know that Boris' biggest fear is the word 'must'. Let's hope the vaccines - along with elements of herd immunity which I believe will also help - do the job!

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’ve not seen one person checked in two matches even when they were meant to be getting checked so I’ll be suprised if they then ramp it up operationally when they don’t even have to.

I've been checked twice.

Ultimately it's Tony's ball and Paul's in charge of it when Tony's not around. I trust them to come up with a decision that takes into account all of our fans' welfare that can be relatively easily carried out.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yes don’t drink or smoke.

Ok, that’s a fair point. I think perhaps the scale of the threat differs somewhat though as compared to a global viral disease. You are against anything that will help tackle the virus whether that be lockdowns, masks or mass vaccination and consequent proof. If you looked up a moment from your incessant oppose,oppose,oppose stance you might notice that the consequence of following your suggested approach would be a choice between shutting down sections of the economy and saving the vulnerable. In fact we don’t need to speculate because your wishes are also now Government policy. As someone else has said; the thread should now be closed because you have won and it is now for others such as myself to live with the consequences.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here