Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Vaccine passport required to enter Amex

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
This is in The Sunay Times today -

Boris Johnson will announce this week that he is scrapping plans that would have required vaccine passports for entry to nightclubs, cinemas and sports grounds.

On Tuesday, the prime minister will announce plans to try to keep Covid under control over the winter. He will say that he has abandoned the proposed compulsory certification scheme, which would have forced venues to check people’s vaccine status.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Boris Johnson will announce this week that he is scrapping plans that would have required vaccine passports for entry to nightclubs, cinemas and sports grounds.

On Tuesday, the prime minister will announce plans to try to keep Covid under control over the winter. He will say that he has abandoned the proposed compulsory certification scheme, which would have forced venues to check people’s vaccine status.

LOL

2 days after Scotland vote them through

Shut the thread

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

Fantastic news if true although I do think they should be used allowing LFT, suspect the strategy is use lack of them as the reason next lockdown is required when it inevitably comes in Autumn.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Really suspect this is just a delay tactic.

Probably has been very little additional vaccine take up despite the coercion and possibly looking like they might lose the vote, will then blame people who haven’t been vaccinated for the next big lock down even though vaccinated also catching it in droves and use as a catalyst to get people to want to give it to their kids.

Let’s see how it unfolds.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
What did Barber say about being 99% sure of the roll out happening. LOL

Interesting you see that as a chance to attack Barber. When he actually said that there had been a PL meeting with the Government that very morning. I have no idea how you can see it as anything other than yet another massive U turn from the Government.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020

Probably has been very little additional vaccine take up despite the coercion and possibly looking like they might lose the vote, will then blame people who haven’t been vaccinated for the next big lock down even though vaccinated also catching it in droves and use as a catalyst to get people to want to give it to their kids.

F*ck me - I'm actually agreeing with you, well partially, couldn't understand the last bit of your post, bit jumbled...!!! :)

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
F*ck me - I'm actually agreeing with you, well partially, couldn't understand the last bit of your post, bit jumbled...!!! :)

I can translate. If another lockdown occurs, the Government will blame the people who haven't had a vaccine which is wrong because some of the people that have had a vaccine which greatly reduces (but does not remove) the chance of infection or serious illness have got it so obviously they are to blame.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

It’s mostly the unvaccinated ending up in hospital which will in turn cause the next lockdown so it is right to blame them.

Seeing as the anti-vaxxers don’t trust the science perhaps they should have their own hospital staffed entirely by their Facebook mates.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I can translate. If another lockdown occurs, the Government will blame the people who haven't had a vaccine which is wrong because some of the people that have had a vaccine which greatly reduces (but does not remove) the chance of infection or serious illness have got it so obviously they are to blame.

No one is to blame. That’s the point. We shouldn’t even need another lock down at all with the vaccination rates but will get one because they are the best tool to manipulate the masses.

Mu varient will be all the rage!

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020

I got that, it was the end bit about kids I didn't quite understand as it appeared a bit jumbled!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It’s mostly the unvaccinated ending up in hospital which will in turn cause the next lockdown so it is right to blame them.

Seeing as the anti-vaxxers don’t trust the science perhaps they should have their own hospital staffed entirely by their Facebook mates.

Do you think say smokers should be staffed by say only other smokers or their Facebook mates?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Looks like we'll have a direct comparison for a while to see if they work.

Boris will U turn again if they do. The bloke spins more than a child's roundabout.

The timing and location of the announcement is interesting.

They needed to take Patel out of the headlines and media conversations this morning, I suspect this was originally pencilled in for Tuesday.

Mr Johnson may spin but he looks after those loyal to him, even though they are amongst the most incompetent MPs in Parliament. This underlines his appalling judgement, because the likes of Gove & Patel would stab him in the back without a second thought if it’d mean they landed the big job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here