Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Vaccine passport required to enter Amex

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm honestly not trying hard I'm just interpreting some data in a chart that could have pretty significant bearing on whether a covid id delivers any benefit. I also shared some info that suggests if you have anti bodies from previous infection it is as effective as a vaccine. I think I'm being pretty balanced and non abusive despite getting called a tit etc. Again, I'll ask you, if that data is correct and as seems what would your view be on covid passports?

Been pretty balanced from what I've seen............

FWIW I think :

-passports are one mechanism currently being used to increase take-up
-more importantly, knowing that others have been vaccinated means some people can go to events that otherwise wouldn't feel safe attending
-we're hopefully reaching a point where it will become unnecessary as the depth of double-vaxxed people becomes sufficient to allow 'circulation' so at some point the checks will be stopped

So - for me they are a reasonable measure to help us exit the pandemic and get back to normal, but when the time is right they need to be binned.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Following the anti-vax argument can I now have sex without a condom in a brothel as there is a chance I won't get a dose of the clap and condoms are not 100% protection and therefore it makes it okay?

Asking for a friend, well, not actually a friend, as it's Guppy.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Been pretty balanced from what I've seen............

FWIW I think :

-passports are one mechanism currently being used to increase take-up
-more importantly, knowing that others have been vaccinated means some people can go to events that otherwise wouldn't feel safe attending
-we're hopefully reaching a point where it will become unnecessary as the depth of double-vaxxed people becomes sufficient to allow 'circulation' so at some point the checks will be stopped

So - for me they are a reasonable measure to help us exit the pandemic and get back to normal, but when the time is right they need to be binned.

He is a bit of a cheeky chapie with his selective use of data to fit his preconceptions and his complete ignoring of counter points made to his posts though. Luckily he is a double vaccinated cheeky chappie, so harmless really.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
1. Being fully vaccinated reduces the risk of serious illness if infected, reducing pressure on our health services / ambulance resources etc.
2. Vaccine Passports are one lever the government can pull to encourage higher vaccination take up, if proof of vaccination is required to do certain things people like to do.

It's a simple 2-step strategy but if you can't understand it, then frankly deciding to drop out of the debate is probably the correct decision.

How could I possibly not understand the debate after your seatbelt explanation?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I disagree with the COVID passport so I don’t want to download it as I find it an authoritarian concept.
I do not agree with dividing society into 2 groups the jabbed who have access to events and the unjabbed who are excluded.

To be fair to the club they allow LFT so I think I might go that route

Sorry late to the party on this one.

No issue supplying medical proof of a negative LFT but take issue in may be showing a steward a Covid Passport on your phone?

Am I missing something?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A govt minister said (for what that's worth) that lft would not be acceptable from October. Unless they flip flop or lose a vote then that's how it'll be from then.

That’s a real pisser for overseas fans (and anyone who cannot legitimately have the vaccine)…..given it’s unlikely we can use our EU Covid passes either.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
i dont trust this lot makeing decisions trying to force us too take it. many good people who have opposed the vaxine are now dieing from a mysterious disease and its almost certaine to be somethingo to do with bill Gates and the elluminatty

Regards

DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here