Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Vaccine passport required to enter Amex

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

Isn’t it really strange that rather than be able to have grown up debate this always descends into childish one up man ship with complete refusal to even consider alternative theory. It is the human condition that is destroying our society. Trump, Brexit, left/right wing, covid, next up climate change.

If we’re all fighting each other then we’re not unifying against how badly we are all being really screwed over from on high.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
SARS and MERS mRNA vaccines have been given to people and long term effects studied? I’d be really interested if you can point me in the direction of those studies?

SARS vaccine trials were completed as far back as 2007/2008, MERS a bit more recent - 2019.

https://jbiomedsci.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12929-020-00695-2/tables/2

Also, mRNA has been used in cancer research since 2009

qwdo.png

Last edited:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Does medicine know there aren't any long term side effects of the vaccine? No

Has it concluded that on the balance of evidence from extensive research, trials and real life implementation that the risk of any side effects is outweighed by the benefits? Yes

We won't know for definite the long term side effects for years, if not decades. Frankly humanity didn't have the luxury of that timescale so we had to rely on the experts.for guidance. If all of us has adopted the attitude of anti-vaxxers and not had the vaccine we would still having massive restrictions on our freedoms and liberties.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Does medicine know there aren't any long term side effects of the vaccine? No

Has it concluded that on the balance of evidence from extensive research, trials and real life implementation that the risk of any side effects is outweighed by the benefits? Yes

We won't know for definite the long term side effects for years, if not decades. Frankly humanity didn't have the luxury of that timescale so we had to rely on the experts.for guidance. If all of us has adopted the attitude of anti-vaxxers and not had the vaccine we would still having massive restrictions on our freedoms and liberties.

Quite

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Sorry I can't see any pre covid mrna vaccine trials on that list?

You can't see the figure I posted that details mRNA vaccine trials in Oncology that go back to 2009? It's right there.

But for me the real question is why the F am I wasting time googling this shit for you when you're perfectly capable of doing it yourself? ???

Little tip, if you're going to mouth off about there being no pre-covid mRNA vaccine trials, you should probably check that this is in fact actually true beforehand.

Lest ye leave thyself looking like a bit of a tit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This argument has been done to death. Nobody knows the long term effects of the vaccine because no one has had it long enough and it is completely new technology. All Other vaccines had far longer clinical trials. Those are undeniable facts.

The time it took to get the vaccines approved was shorter, but I’m not aware the various clinical trials were actually shorter.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Yes, you did. In post 635

I never said whether people were more or less likely to transmit in that post just that thousands of people still catch it with the vaccine. There was no comparison just a statement. So your stats again were irrelevant.

Regardless this new Israeli data once again suggests that CDC data is now incorrect.

add44f6aaabb9b43b2f8c1c718638b64.jpg

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
You can't see the figure I posted that details mRNA vaccine trials in Oncology that go back to 2009? It's right there.

But for me the real question is why the F am I wasting time googling this shit for you when you're perfectly capable of doing it yourself? ???

Little tip, if you're going to mouth off about there being no pre-covid mRNA vaccine trials, you should probably check that this is in fact actually true beforehand.

Lest ye leave thyself looking like a bit of a tit.

You posted a table that seems to show no SARS/MERS mRNA vaccine trials pre covid from what I can see and your chart doesn’t state MERS/SARS either. Just DNA and viral vector, and then call me a tit. Ohkaaaay.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I never said whether people were more or less likely to transmit in that post just that thousands of people still catch it with the vaccine. There was no comparison just a statement. So your stats again were irrelevant.

Regardless this new Israeli data once again suggests that CDC data is now incorrect.

I didn’t realise we were all living in Israel and it was still July

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Your table misses out the total cases now compared to the total cases pre the vaccination programme. It is well documented that that the vaccine is not 100 % effective as a protection. The flip side to this is that a number of cases will be exactly that ie breakthrough infection in vaccinated people. As the Americans say; do the Maths.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
It’s all the cases in July. The Math couldn’t be simpler. It clearly shows that the % of people catching it with vaccine matches the vaccinated population % therefore almost a 1:1 correlation.

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I didn’t realise we were all living in Israel and it was still July

I thought Israel were a good case study as they are ahead of us in the vaccination program and now have soaring cases so their vaccinated v non transmission ratios would be quite indicative?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Your table misses out the total cases now compared to the total cases pre the vaccination programme. It is well documented that that the vaccine is not 100 % effective as a protection. The flip side to this is that a number of cases will be exactly that ie breakthrough infection in vaccinated people. As the Americans say; do the Maths.

indeed. classic mis-information, given without context or comparison. had a look at a cumulative chart and estimate cases 6mths (for month of February) before were ~120k, ten times more and that was with restrictions. vaccine is doing what was intended, reducing the infection and and effects of the virus.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I thought Israel were a good case study as they are ahead of us in the vaccination program and now have soaring cases so their vaccinated v non transmission ratios would be quite indicative?

No what you thought was you’d find some data that you thought fitted your narrative and post it without proper analysis but with an inaccurate, marketing style strap line.

You’re wasted shilling for Right Said Fred. You should give Boris a call.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
indeed. classic mis-information, given without context or comparison. had a look at a cumulative chart and estimate cases 6mths (for month of February) before were ~120k, ten times more and that was with restrictions. vaccine is doing what was intended, reducing the infection and and effects of the virus.

What it suggests is that the vaccines effectiveness in stopping transmission could be waning. And if that’s the case a vaccine passport is pointless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here