Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Vaccine passport required to enter Amex

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
No what you thought was you’d find some data that you thought fitted your narrative and post it without proper analysis but with an inaccurate, marketing style strap line.

You’re wasted shilling for Right Said Fred. You should give Boris a call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And it doesn’t fit your narrative so you will close it down even though it’s highly relevant to vaccine ids . Ok let’s just suppose it is true. Would you still support vaccine ids?

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What it suggests is that the vaccines effectiveness in stopping transmission could be waning. And if that’s the case a vaccine passport is pointless.

bollocks, theres no time dimension to show anything of the sort.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I never said whether people were more or less likely to transmit in that post just that thousands of people still catch it with the vaccine. There was no comparison just a statement. So your stats again were irrelevant.

Regardless this new Israeli data once again suggests that CDC data is now incorrect.

add44f6aaabb9b43b2f8c1c718638b64.jpg

The thing is that if 100% of the population were fully vaccinated then 100% of cases would be fully vaccinated.

So there must be other data needed to tell the real story.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The thing is that if 100% of the population were fully vaccinated then 100% of cases would be fully vaccinated.

So there must be other data needed to tell the story.

The importance is that there is no weighting to vax or non vax. If non vax % of cases were higher than % non vax in the population then you would say vax is preventing transmission.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
"Back in the 1930s most car crashes involved people not wearing seatbelts. Now nearly all of them do. So how can you tell me seatbelts make things safer for anyone? Check mate, suckers!"

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I see being fully vaccinated a little like wearing a seatbelt. It doesn't necessarily prevent having a crash but the outcome if you do is generally far less severe.

Probably a poor analogy and I've probably missed the point - but for me it isn't about catching covid or not catching covid; it is about doing the right thing to mitigate the possibility serious illness - and all the finite medical resources / treatment that pulls upon. The data presented above doesn't show the clinical outcome of positive cases so it is hard to use it to draw a conclusion.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
"Back in the 1930s most car crashes involved people not wearing seatbelts. Now nearly all of them do. So how can you tell me seatbelts make things safer for anyone? Check mate, suckers!"

Ha! Only saw your post after I'd finished writing and posting mine.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I see being fully vaccinated a little like wearing a seatbelt. It doesn't necessarily prevent having a crash but the outcome if you do is generally far less severe.

Probably a poor analogy and I've probably missed the point - but for me it isn't about catching covid or not catching covid; it is about doing the right thing to mitigate the possibility serious illness - and all the finite medical resources / treatment that pulls upon. The data presented above doesn't show the clinical outcome of positive cases so it is hard to use it to draw a conclusion.

100% this.....the no. of infections in vaccinated vs unvaccinated doesn't really interest me that much - the data on the effect of those infected is the critical stuff. What % of the relative vaccinated and unvaccinated ended up in hospital or dead, and what were the age ranges ? The primary purpose of the vaccine is to limit death and serious illness, not stop infections.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
100% this.....the no. of infections in vaccinated vs unvaccinated doesn't really interest me that much - the data on the effect of those infected is the critical stuff. What % of the relative vaccinated and unvaccinated ended up in hospital or dead, and what were the age ranges ? The primary purpose of the vaccine is to limit death and serious illness, not stop infections.

We know that people over 60 or underlying illness make up almost all the covid death rate. If they are vaxxed (and and else who wants to be) and the % of vax or non becomes irrelevant to transmission then I just dont understand what role a covid id plays in society.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It’s an indicator. Causation of catching covid? Does anyone ever really know causation other than someone breathed on you?

You are trying desperately hard, I can see that. Trouble is you are missing all the context that figures need. These have been pointed out to you in multiple replies but you take no account of them. Maybe you don’t do context when searching the internet for something to back your conspiracy theories ? I can see that you don’t want to listen. One fact is very clear; you have been vaccinated so you are fine for watching the Albion. Now stop obsessively being offended on other people’s behalf. The unvaccinated can speak for themselves.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
You are trying desperately hard, I can see that. Trouble is you are missing all the context that figures need. These have been pointed out to you in multiple replies but you take no account of them. Maybe you don’t do context when searching the internet for something to back your conspiracy theories ? I can see that you don’t want to listen. One fact is very clear; you have been vaccinated so you are fine for watching the Albion. Now stop obsessively being offended on other people’s behalf. The unvaccinated can speak for themselves.

I'm honestly not trying hard I'm just interpreting some data in a chart that could have pretty significant bearing on whether a covid id delivers any benefit. I also shared some info that suggests if you have anti bodies from previous infection it is as effective as a vaccine. I think I'm being pretty balanced and non abusive despite getting called a tit etc. Again, I'll ask you, if that data is correct and as seems what would your view be on covid passports?

Last edited:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I'm honestly not trying hard I'm just interpreting some data in a chart that could have pretty significant bearing on whether a covid id delivers any benefit. I also shared some info that suggests if you have anti bodies from previous infection it is as effective as a vaccine. I think I'm being pretty balanced and non abusive despite getting called a tit etc. Again, I'll ask you, if that data is correct and as seems what would your view be on covid passports?

I think you've been really measured in your tone and response.

I dropped out of the debate because a few constant posters just bang on about seat belts, driving tests, conspiracy theories, anti-vax etc...
when the debate is about vaccine passports.

That conspiracy theory lunatic Ed Davey leader of the Liberal Democrats is against them and he has a disabled child what a selfish *******

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The vaccine reduces my chances of catching Covid. Surely by definition that makes it less likely I am going to pass it on?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The vaccine reduces my chances of catching Covid. Surely by definition that makes it less likely I am going to pass it on?

Yes. And better than that. Even if you did catch covid, you are very likely to have a lower viral load and less likely to pass it on.

Delta is one formidable opponent however.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I would still be in favour of Covid passports. It has been pointed out to you that most people are vaccinated so (bearing in mind the existence of breakthrough infections) most infections will be in the vaccinated. It is still way less than it would be without a vaccination programme. This is the crux. Vaccine passports encourage people to be vaccinated and we need this to both contain the pandemic (lower transmission) and prevent unnecessary waste of health system resources by anti vaxxers. There are lots of people waiting for vital operations and these are being diverted to bed blocking, freeloading freedom fighters. We all play our part in combating this and although it may not feel like it, you have done so as well. You show your Covid passport for 2 seconds at the gate and you are a part of promotion of the vaccination programme and the consequent saving of lives. It’s all good. Enjoy the match.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Well looks like Mu is being lined up to be our new enemy and reason for lock down so we can move on from Delta soon.

Possibly.

In either case, without the vaccines, we'd be faced with the choice between perpetual total lockdown or India style funeral pyres as we can't bury or cremate that number of dead

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I dropped out of the debate because a few constant posters just bang on about seat belts, driving tests, conspiracy theories, anti-vax etc...
when the debate is about vaccine passports.

1. Being fully vaccinated reduces the risk of serious illness if infected, reducing pressure on our health services / ambulance resources etc.
2. Vaccine Passports are one lever the government can pull to encourage higher vaccination take up, if proof of vaccination is required to do certain things people like to do.

It's a simple 2-step strategy but if you can't understand it, then frankly deciding to drop out of the debate is probably the correct decision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here