Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Upheavals at Lewes FC

eastie

Jul 24, 2007
WSM%20(18)%20(Medium).JPG

Legend
Pitch invasion by supporters??
there was only just four figures there on saturday for lifting the trophy.

Last edited:

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Steve King is on his way to Woking............It's been a done deal for ages..........just those dim-wits Lewes fans have been to thick to work it out!!!!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If you are going to quote me do so by all means but dont just quote odd snippits which make no sense.;

You stated that they couldnt build at The Dripping Pan because they didnt have permission and also it was ona flood plane to whcih I gave the answer aas quoted.

If my idea of a ground share with BHA at both Withdean and then Falmer was to come to fruition then obviusly they would leave the Dripping pan or keep it as a training ground /reserve games for both teams.

What is your obsession about Lewes groundsharing with Brighton? Where the bloody hell is this hair-brained scheme coming from? They already have their own council-owned ground which - as I've said - already has planning permission granted for extending it.

But your idea to share at Withdean is a stupid one on account of there being absolutely NO CHANCE of it happening. You haven't stopped for one second to think this through, irrespective of the fact that there is no need for a groundshare.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What is your obsession about Lewes groundsharing with Brighton? Where the bloody hell is this hair-brained scheme coming from? They already have their own council-owned ground which - as I've said - already has planning permission granted for extending it.

But your idea to share at Withdean is a stupid one on account of there being absolutely NO CHANCE of it happening. You haven't stopped for one second to think this through, irrespective of the fact that there is no need for a groundshare.

Let us wait and see when they cannot get their ground upgraded and approved in time.

Apart from anything else it is the most obvious and cheapest way out for Lewes as they will probably only need it for 1 season, then back wehre they came from.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Dont think there is any plan to get rid of the Dripping Pan and therefore ground sharing isnt necessary.

Kevin Keehan seems likely to be manager and probably will bring in some discarded Brighton players to try and compete at that level whilst many of the current squad leave.

As I said before I do not think there is any value in profit terms in the club side of things as the ground improvement and players cost is likely to force the club to run at a significant loss.

Now supposedly the club own land adjacent to the ground which could be used to develop, but not houses but maybe a sports complex, which could then be linked to the club and in someway help fund that side of things.

But why would hard nosed business men wish to use any of their profits from any connected venture to fund a cashstrapped club I do not know.

Maybe an association with Lewes FC is the only way that the consortium might get permission for an immediate development on land close to the Dripping Pan.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Will Keehan & Dodge build a new team with our cast offs? e.g Sullivan, Mayo, Rents, etc...

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Will Keehan & Dodge build a new team with our cast offs? e.g Sullivan, Mayo, Rents, etc...

Well I dont know that, but it would be most likely that Keehan would need to recruit as I would presume many from the current squad might move on.

Where would he recruit from ?

BHA probably.

Maybe take a senior player with him as his assistant, we'll see.

Probably all true, however, I bet the new Consortium, will investigate the feasibility/ speculation of this option, even if to confirm the answer of " NO chance".

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
It's been difficult enough getting (and retaining) planning permission for the Albion to play at Withdean. There wouldn't be a CAT'S chance of sharing the facilities with Lewes.

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
I bet the new Consortium, will investigate the feasibility/ speculation of this option, even if to confirm the answer of " NO chance".

We don't need to move ground just have to get what we have got up to Conference standard by 31st March 2009 or get relegated which may still be the case with an inexperianced manager at the helm.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
We don't need to move ground just have to get what we have got up to Conference standard by 31st March 2009 or get relegated which may still be the case with an inexperianced manager at the helm.

I told you the Albion's cast offs would end up at Lewes. Granted I did not think it would be our Marketing Manager becoming your new first team manager...

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
I told you the Albion's cast offs would end up at Lewes. Granted I did not think it would be our Marketing Manager becoming your new first team manager...

Yes should have listen to you. Better get the chants going now.

There only three Kerry Mayo's
Three Kerry Mayo's

Greatest day in the history of the club ruined on Saturday was more like a wake than a celebration.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The wages are already at levels that Lewes have never experienced before and would suspect that current attendances might not cover those.

Further 'improvements' could run into £100,000's to accomodate 600 paying spectators watching footballers picking up £500 + per week, its frightening.

The fear must be that the club could end up skint.

Players salaries isn't something that usually overly concerns you, BigGully. I thought you were generally all in favour of clubs bowing down to the wage demands of players ?

Dandyman

In London village.
Yes should have listen to you. Better get the chants going now.

There only three Kerry Mayo's
Three Kerry Mayo's

Greatest day in the history of the club ruined on Saturday was more like a wake than a celebration.

Have to feel for King, also if there is a building/planning issue tied up in this I'd want to see a statement from Martin Elliott pronto.

It's been difficult enough getting (and retaining) planning permission for the Albion to play at Withdean. There wouldn't be a CAT'S chance of sharing the facilities with Lewes.

And after the Consortium has spent £20k on Consultants (in this year or say 2 years time) that will probably be the answer.

But Falmer will always be a (expansion) teaser and the coach park is in Lewes!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here