who me?

Jan 12, 2007
red river ale is almost up there with the legendary K & barns festive

so much better than the muck made by the muddy river

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just a thought in my dubious mind.

A consortium from Brighton place or club put up the money to buy Lewes with Kevin Keehan as the front man.

Ground share with BHA at Falmer when it is ready or at Withdean until then, sell the Dripping Pan for housing to raise the cash for this and also to help finance Falmer!!!

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
me

and to take that crap brewery with them

get your beer here

W J King & Co (Brewers)
3-5 Jubilee Estate, Foundry Lane
HORSHAM, West Sussex
RH13 5UE
Tel : 01403 272102 Fax : 01403 754455
e mail sales@kingbeer.co.uk

WEST, WEST WEST SUSSEX

:clap::clap::clap: What he said!!!

Bye bye Kingy :bigwave::bigwave::bigwave: Looks like all the Harveys will be watered down with tears today at the Pissing pot. :D

How to piss on your fireworks and poop on a party by the board of Lewes FC is on sale in all good bookshops now. :D

Word on the street in these parts is - Danny Bloor from Worthing could be part of the consortium and is likely to be installed as manager.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hmmm....I suspect you've put 2 and 2 together here and come up with eleventy million billion.

Yes I have, but if you think of the logistics of it, it makes sense as both Withdean and Falmer will be ok for Lewes as regards not spending loads of money doing up a ground for possibly 1 season although that is not by any means certain. If 'they' owned Lewes FC what would the Dripping Pan fetch for housing?

Just a thought in my dubious mind.

A consortium from Brighton place or club put up the money to buy Lewes with Kevin Keehan as the front man.

Ground share with BHA at Falmer when it is ready or at Withdean until then, sell the Dripping Pan for housing to raise the cash for this and also to help finance Falmer!!!

Maybe a couple of minor (and obvious) issues to overcome though:
Conditions of current Falmer planning consent?
Conditions of current Withdean planning consent?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Lewes has always been an understated club, a good club with decent values and good people around it.

In recent years it has changed, King has been successful, bringing in players from outside the area with a promise of moving them on in his role as a low level agent.

The facilities have been upgraded and a wage bill to match.

The new dynamics have brought a higher profile and great success on the field, but at what price ?

At what level can Lewes possibly hope to achieve ?

They will never be able to attract big crowds that might help them finance greater players demands and this will always keep them from ever realising professional status.

Even a wealthy benefactor would struggle to see any real value within the club other than selling the ground, which is never a good idea !!

I wish them well, but I fear for them, they are in territory that they have never been in their history and it might be a struggle.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Maybe a couple of minor (and obvious) issues to overcome though:
Conditions of current Falmer planning consent?
Conditions of current Withdean planning consent?

I would not think that either of those are insummountable as I would imagine it would be an ideal situation for Falmer taking football out of the town
to a purpose built stadium.

As it is a short term arrangement Brighton Council would agree to Withdean.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
A couple of things do weigh in Lewes' favour.

They do have planning permission to extend their 'main' stand to the length of the pitch, permission to extend the terraces behind the 'far' goal to the width of the pitch, and are considering (would be vital I would have thought) at to build a stand on the grass bank.

At least one person at the club (don't know how widepsread this feeling is ) wants the clubhouse torn down and re-built in the corner.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
A couple of things do weigh in Lewes' favour.

They do have planning permission to extend their 'main' stand to the length of the pitch, permission to extend the terraces behind the 'far' goal to the width of the pitch, and are considering (would be vital I would have thought) at to build a stand on the grass bank.

At least one person at the club (don't know how widepsread this feeling is ) wants the clubhouse torn down and re-built in the corner.

Thats fine but would costs a fortune and where are they gonna find the people to put in these new stands, surely that just adds up to greater debt ?

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I don't think there are any particularly Cunning Plots afoot. Instead, I suspect that Martin Elliott and the current board realised (some time ago) that if Lewes were going to be promoted - and that if this promotion was going to be sustainable for more than one humiliating season in the Conference - a deal more investment was going to be necessary. As a result, they went scouting for said investment and with Steve King's contract up for renewal anyway, it may be that they reckon he's taken the club as far as he can. Certainly, he's not the easiest character to deal with and who knows what behind the scenes baggage there is in this respect. But it'd have been interesting to see how much outrage would have been generated if the club had been able to announce their plans once the season had concluded.

I still cannot imagine Lewes FC have spent all that dosh bringing the Dripping Pan up to scratch in order to sell it off for housing, though!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It makes sense to investigate the possible sharing of Withdean with BHA as it is quite possible that they would only need the extended facilities for 1 or perhaps 2 seasons and after which time we could be at Falmer drawing,hopefully, crowds of in excess of 13,000 which would then restrict Lewes support.

Could these new stands be built in time for the ground reclassification?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Another problem they are all too aware of. Hence this new consortium, surely...?

But I am not too sure what a new consortium will bring to the table, other than money.

So what are they investing in and how will they get a return, I find it difficult to see a scenario where there might be a time where they get any money back.

It happens at professional clubs, but at least the money men get some profile and kudos for being associated with Brighton, but Lewes, not so sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here