Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Upheavals at Lewes FC

Dandyman

In London village.
Ed, is this another of Martin Elliott's money making schemes or is there another side to it?

Argus are reporting that the consortium alledgedly involves Albion commercial manager Kevin Keehan, who's supposed to be leaving the club.

Isn't he a nephew or son-in-law of Dick Knight, or am I thinking of someone else?

Yep.

Lewes silent over King axe claims
By Howard Griggs

Lewes tonight refused to confirm they have parted company with manager Steven King.

Speculation is rife the club have sacked their manager just days after being crowned Blue Square south champions.

However, neither Lewes nor King are prepared to comment on the rumours.

Managing director Martin Elliott said the club would be making a statement on certain issues next week but would not confirm this was about the manager's position.

Elliott spoke earlier in the week about the need for a cash injection to assist the club following promotion to the top level of non-league football.

Among the problems facing Lewes are getting the Dripping Pan an A grading within 12 months of reaching Blue Square premier. Elliott revealed the club had already spent £1million on achieving a B grading for their ground.

The Argus understands a group of investors are getting involved with the club and want to bring in their own manager.

One local football figure being linked to the group is Albion commercial manager Kevin Keehan, who is known to be quitting his job with the Seagulls at the end of the season.

The fear among supporters is that if King was to leave for whatever reason the championship-winning squad could follow him out of the club. King himself refused to say anything today.

There is sure to be confusion among supporters for tomorrow's final league game of the season at home to Weston-super-Mare. Lewes are due to be presented with the championship trophy after the game.

Ed, is this another of Martin Elliott's money making schemes or is there another side to it?
What I heard is that Martin Elliott is staying with the Rooks and will work alongside the new consortium.

Some Lewes fans are OUTRAGED at the treatment Steve King is getting - and are blaming the existing board.

My understanding is that it is the incomers who want their own man in charge.

I cannot see Martin Elliott's money being enough to sustain Conference football (and he himself has already hinted as much in the Argus).

It'll be a huge culture shock for Rooks fans to get used to what happens once a club reaches the level where it can no longer survive on 700 supporters walking to the ground for a pleasant Saturday afternoon with their mates. When we start getting 15,000 at Falmer on a regular basis, I dare say we'll have to make a similar adjustment.

If Lewes ARE going to survive next season, they need to move quickly - and today's developments look like Martin Elliott knows that.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Yep.

The fear among supporters is that if King was to leave for whatever reason the championship-winning squad could follow him out of the club. King himself refused to say anything today.

Conference South championship-winning that is. Huge step up to the Conference Premier. Most of the players not quite up to the standard I think. Saying that however if I was Steve King I would be absolutely livid right now, the timing of this leak is unbelieveable.

This has the potential to turn really NASTY now.

Tomorrow's match sponsor at the Dripping Pan is none other than ... Norman Baker.

There are fans on the Rooks forum who seem to be suggesting that they should lobby their MP to get him to oppose a Brighton-based takeover of their Club.

Having watched Baker closely for years, I would say that he might be very receptive to such a message.

Hmmmm ....

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Yep.

Conference South championship-winning that is. Huge step up to the Conference Premier. Most of the players not quite up to the standard I think. Saying that however if I was Steve King I would be absolutely livid right now, the timing of this leak is unbelieveable.

I'm only guessing here but I'm wondering whether King is the leaker. Only I cannot imagine any club letting this sort of bombshell drop right now. However, if King had been given notice that his contract wasn't going to be renewed, he might well have wanted to get that information out before the end of the season for maximum impact. If so, he's been very successful since all hell appears to be breaking loose in Lewes!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hope Keehan is part of this and goes as he is hopeless as a commercial person.

Club needs to strengthen the commercial side with people who now how to sell a product.

Am I correct in thinking Keehan was an estate agent prior to joining BHAFC.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There is the family hotel and his brother is in the Antiques business. Can't say I remember anything about an Estate Agency. I will ask the old man, as I think he is friendly with them.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I can't stand Steve King. Just thought I'd let you know!

the guy is a twat - dont think many of the players there were playing for him, more the money. which if a new consortium is taking over shouldnt be a problem

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
the guy is a twat - dont think many of the players there were playing for him, more the money. which if a new consortium is taking over shouldnt be a problem

Though isn't he also an agent, which is how Lewes are able to bring in some of the players that they have?

D

Deleted User X18H

Your STANDING in on the wrong rumour.

A Forfars led consortium are said to be involved.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Baker leads bakers into Lewes...not even the Blargus could cook something like that up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here