Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Upheavals at Lewes FC

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Players salaries isn't something that usually overly concerns you, BigGully. I thought you were generally all in favour of clubs bowing down to the wage demands of players ?

Misrepresentation of my views there, Easy.

We may of disagreed but I had thought you at least acknowledged my stand point, which was that the money to keep previous players was spent anyway, no net gain to The Albion I am afraid, either way the club could not function without a benefactor, now it seems that even Lewes needs someone to throw money at it to survive.

I just wonder how the money men might get there return on any investment ?

eastie

Jul 24, 2007
This bitterness and resentment appears to be lingering, doesn't it?
What bitterness??
No brainer really.
none from me , wouldnt be in Lewes's position .
much rather have a ground with an A grading already, a club in the black and money in the bank ,with a team that is a C.I.C. (Community Interest Club) that cant be taken over by a consortium , better infastructure, a team of local players and a decent ground.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Misrepresentation of my views there, Easy.

We may of disagreed but I had thought you at least acknowledged my stand point, which was that the money to keep previous players was spent anyway, no net gain to The Albion

Other than keeping the books balanced, the wage structure intact, and picking up a 20-goal a season striker.
But anyway, thats for another thread.

This has the potential to turn really NASTY now.

Tomorrow's match sponsor at the Dripping Pan is none other than ... Norman Baker.

There are fans on the Rooks forum who seem to be suggesting that they should lobby their MP to get him to oppose a Brighton-based takeover of their Club.

Having watched Baker closely for years, I would say that he might be very receptive to such a message.

Hmmmm ....

Surely tho he will have problems when trying to drive some ground improvement thru:lol::lol::lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here