Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uneventful situations which cause a KERFUFFLE in the work place

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Colleague phoned Helpdesk to report that printer wasn't working.
Helpdesk chappie asks what's wrong with it, so colleague explains error message on display doesn't say.
Helpdesk person tells my colleague he's not being very helpful.

That caused a good 2 minutes of tutting and IT slating yesterday.

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
Someone in my office is a bit OCD about germs, so if anyone sneezes or coughs he drops what he's doing and leaves the room for a few minutes

you could do the wet hand sneeze trick on the poor bugger. Go to the toilet and wash your hands but dont dry them. Then when you get back walk past and fake a sneeze just as you flick your wet hands in his direction. Brilliant fun.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
People need to select their meal choices for the christmas do by FRIDAY.

People are asking each other what they're having and, many of them, are concerned that they 'have to make a decision so soon'.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
People need to select their meal choices for the christmas do by FRIDAY.

People are asking each other what they're having and, many of them, are concerned that they 'have to make a decision so soon'.

I assume that at the Christmas do there will be chaos because no-one will be able to remember what they've ordered.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Air conditioning. Too hot for some, too cold for others. Our control panel is now under lock and key :rolleyes:

This.

Generally (though not always) split according to gender - the ladies in the office love nothing more than turning it into a sauna (and bizarely still wearing jumpers), while the lads would much prefer it cooler. Having apparently been brought up in a barn, I'll happily sit here in a T-shirt, perfectly warm, while others are 'freezing cold' wearing 3 jumpers.

I managed to convince everyone that I'd set a 'PIN Lock' on the aircon control unit for MONTHS until I was out of the office and it turned genuinely cold one day... I had to admit there was no PIN when they phoned to ask what it was!

What annoys me is that instead of putting the temperature up 1 degree, if the sheilas are cold one of them will whack it right up so it gets STIFLING

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
A few years ago we had one chap in the office who was not happy at whichever desk he sat at in the buliding meaning we had to relocate him roughly every fortnight or so. Among his complaints were; I'm too close to the radiator, too cold, there's too much sun coming through the window, there's too much draught from the door, I'm working with my back to everyone, etc etc. His best excuse was 'spiders keep dropping on my head'. Unbelievable!

Fortnuately, he was on a three month trial period and it was decided it (he) wasn't working out, so he left.

Wonder whether he's found an ideal working place yet?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
A bloke in the building had a very sweet tooth and always had open packets of biscuits and cakes lying around his workstation. He noticed the biscuits seemed to be disappearing more quickly than he was eating them resulting in a few accusations about light fingered colleagues which everyone denied. Shortly after this matey spotted a (real) mouse getting stuck into the biccies on his desk. There was a debate about culling the aforementioned mouse but the rodent lovers protested so it was decided to liberate it from the building. Someone else pointed out that mice easily find their way back home so they did an experiment by capturing the mouse, painting a Tippex stripe on its back and the biscuit loving colleague was persuaded to drive it several miles away and let it loose deep in the Sussex countryside. Shortly after his return to the office he was gobsmacked to find an identical mouse with a Tippexed white stripe on its back heading for his desk......there were lots of 'told you so' comments to him about him not believing his colleagues advice. It then took him several days to work out that his co-workers had planted another mouse. He got the point and a) kept his biccies inside his desk b) but always offered them around the office.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
A bloke in the building had a very sweet tooth and always had open packets of biscuits and cakes lying around his workstation. He noticed the biscuits seemed to be disappearing more quickly than he was eating them resulting in a few accusations about light fingered colleagues which everyone denied. Shortly after this matey spotted a (real) mouse getting stuck into the biccies on his desk. There was a debate about culling the aforementioned mouse but the rodent lovers protested so it was decided to liberate it from the building. Someone else pointed out that mice easily find their way back home so they did an experiment by capturing the mouse, painting a Tippex stripe on its back and the biscuit loving colleague was persuaded to drive it several miles away and let it loose deep in the Sussex countryside. Shortly after his return to the office he was gobsmacked to find an identical mouse with a Tippexed white stripe on its back heading for his desk......there were lots of 'told you so' comments to him about him not believing his colleagues advice. It then took him several days to work out that his co-workers had planted another mouse. He got the point and a) kept his biccies inside his desk b) but always offered them around the office.

I feel for this bloke, I love a biscuit, but they always seem to get pinched, its a complete Joke that they never offer to bring in there own, tight *****.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This.

Generally (though not always) split according to gender - the ladies in the office love nothing more than turning it into a sauna (and bizarely still wearing jumpers), while the lads would much prefer it cooler. Having apparently been brought up in a barn, I'll happily sit here in a T-shirt, perfectly warm, while others are 'freezing cold' wearing 3 jumpers.

I managed to convince everyone that I'd set a 'PIN Lock' on the aircon control unit for MONTHS until I was out of the office and it turned genuinely cold one day... I had to admit there was no PIN when they phoned to ask what it was!

What annoys me is that instead of putting the temperature up 1 degree, if the sheilas are cold one of them will whack it right up so it gets STIFLING

Women don't understand how a thermostat works. They work on the basis that if you put it too the max, then it will get to a comfortably warm temperature quicker than if you we're to just set it at a comfortably warm temperature in the first place.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Milk....that is the one. Someone's milk goes down by 1 millimeter and all hell breaks loose.emails the lot

The best ones are when someone from another office emails the whole company by mistake, telling us all there are cakes/pizza in a kitchen in their office and to help themselves....CARNAGE.

Firstly it starts with mild ribbing, then sarcasm, then bilefull vitreol and always ends with a message from HR about mailing all when replying and a note to say that so and so has gone off sick with stress.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Another thing people moan about is random wildlife. One day one of my colleagues claimed he had "thousands" of frogs in his garden so was asked to prove it. The next day he brought in a Tupperware box with a lot of little frogs in it.
Problem was the Tupperware box had a dodgy lid and next time he looked they had all escaped, cue frequent squeals from the ladies as they spotted the odd frog.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Women don't understand how a thermostat works. They work on the basis that if you put it too the max, then it will get to a comfortably warm temperature quicker than if you we're to just set it at a comfortably warm temperature in the first place.

Yeah, women eh- when will they learn their place!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here