Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Spielberg's Film Club

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
Snakes on a Plane. Well. Ok if you're drunk or nothing else is on.

Stormbreaker. A very poor attempt to make Spy Kids in the UK.

You Me and Dupree. Although I'm not a fan of Owen Wilson, this was the best of the three films from blockbuster by post this week. I had a few laughs at it. Especially the fight with the security guard. Very 'carry on'!

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
Ah marks out of ten sorry.

Snakes on a Plane - 4.5 (would have been less, but the end music video is more amusing than the film) The snakes seemed to be on a mission to chew on any naughty bits. If it was an arm or a leg, they didn't seem interested!

Stormbreaker - 4. Even my son (for whom the film was on the list) wasn't impressed.

You Me and Dupree - 7. Owen Wilson seemed to keep his whispery voice acting to a minimum and there were some genuine laughs at times.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Hannibal Rising - 4.4 Load of old codswallop although slightly entertaining. Much better than the mockery that was 'Hannibal'. Haven't seen Red Dragon so can't comment and obviously not in the same stratosphere as 'Silence of the Lambs'

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Common as Mook said:
Hannibal Rising - 4.4 Load of old codswallop although slightly entertaining. Much better than the mockery that was 'Hannibal'. Haven't seen Red Dragon so can't comment and obviously not in the same stratosphere as 'Silence of the Lambs'

Check out Manhunter. Far superior to Silence of the Lambs and features two of my favs, William H Petersen and Brian Cox. Its Micheal Manns version of Red Dragon and is really dark while also being really 80's at the same time. Quality.

Severance - Done exactly what it said on the tin. Bit of gore, a few laughs and you can't really go wrong with a film where Danny Dyer says 'Sweet' when some breaks out a Bazooka.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Departed 8.1

had to use your brian for this, an intricate plot but with a stellar cast, anyone who thinks Di Caprio cannot act, well you talking shite frankly, how can a film go wrong with Alec Baldwin, Damon, Di Caprio, Wahlberg, Nicholson, Winstone , well it can't and it didn't, very good and recommended. Scorsese is without a doubt the best film director never to win best director oscar since Hitchcock. I have a feeling this year he will pick up the gong.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Spielberg said:
The Departed 8.1

had to use your brian for this, an intricate plot but with a stellar cast, anyone who thinks Di Caprio cannot act, well you talking shite frankly, how can a film go wrong with Alec Baldwin, Damon, Di Caprio, Wahlberg, Nicholson, Winstone , well it can't and it didn't, very good and recommended. Scorsese is without a doubt the best film director never to win best director oscar since Hitchcock. I have a feeling this year he will pick up the gong.

He deserves a gong but not for this. A decent film but nothing else.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
not his best but far better than most directors could muster

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Spielberg said:
not his best but far better than most directors could muster

I will agree with you there. Odd for a Martin S film I found it somewhat workman like.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Les Biehn said:
I will agree with you there. Odd for a Martin S film I found it somewhat workman like.
I haven't seen this but I think he's off the boil - that film about Howard Hughes was decent enough but hardly Taxi Driver or even the King Of Comedy.

I take everyone here has seen After Hours? It's one of my favourite films EVER and I had a very long, messy night out in New York about a week after I first saw it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hot Fuzz - Please, please SEE this film. It is sooo funny, and there are some OTT murders to keep the horror fans happy.

Its got everything you could wish for.

British comedy at its BEST 9 out of 10.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Breakdown 7.3

Been meaning to watch this for some time, caught it on Sky, Kurt Russell in a decent thriller about breaking down in the mid US and his wife being kidnapped, pretty gripping throughout and a decent story, Russell's best film by far which is admittedly not saying a lot, recommended

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Spielberg said:
Breakdown 7.3

Been meaning to watch this for some time, caught it on Sky, Kurt Russell in a decent thriller about breaking down in the mid US and his wife being kidnapped, pretty gripping throughout and a decent story, Russell's best film by far which is admittedly not saying a lot, recommended

Have you never seen The Thing? :ohmy: I make a point of watching that film every two years, its amazing.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Thing 7.8

one of the greatest horror films ever made especially when the blokes head stretches and rips off his shoulders and falls to the ground and then the legs come out of the head and it runs around the floot upside down, top entertainment :clap:

end was a little weak though :down:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Spielberg said:
The Thing 7.8

one of the greatest horror films ever made especially when the blokes head stretches and rips off his shoulders and falls to the ground and then the legs come out of the head and it runs around the floot upside down, top entertainment :clap:

end was a little weak though :down:

:thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: The end was a little weak. Tell me you are joking.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I seem to remembr Kurt Russell sat on a pile of snow , also we did not see the mother as she burrowed under the ice, I may have to watch again

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here