Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK's most popular baby names, Insh'allah

the hitman

Jan 17, 2008
Viva Las Burgess Hill
The point i was getting at Lokki, was that, For a Muslim name to be the 2nd most popular boy's name in britton, then it proves that there is a large number of Muslims in this country. This is the fact i am not happy with, and it gets to me (like it does many other's) because i feel that the population in our country is far too large. I.e the amount of cars on the roads, the lack of jobs, ect.. this is Undoubtably down to immigration. i dont so much have a problem with european's living here, due to the EU rules of free travel around Europe, But why are all of those Muslims here?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yes but that proves everyone Muslim boy has been called Mohammed Buzzer.

Yes.....and? As has been pointed out before, all it shows is that Muslims have babies, for boys the name of their prophet has a very special meaning and so is extremely popular with Muslim parents.

And I think it's fair to extrapolate that seeing as it's in line with the number of Muslims generally in this country that there are not more boy Muslims being born than girls and this country is not on the verge of becoming a Muslim majority.

I'd wager that all of those Muslim baby boys grow up to be like all of the other baby boys. Bit like most Muslim men now. They're not plotting Sharia Law. They're trying to get along peacefully and worried about putting food on their families tables.

What a spackfest.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
The point i was getting at Lokki, was that, For a Muslim name to be the 2nd most popular boy's name in britton, then it proves that there is a large number of Muslims in this country. This is the fact i am not happy with, and it gets to me (like it does many other's) because i feel that the population in our country is far too large. I.e the amount of cars on the roads, the lack of jobs, ect.. this is Undoubtably down to immigration. i dont so much have a problem with european's living here, due to the EU rules of free travel around Europe, But why are all of those Muslims here?

Hitman as MoBuzz stated te point is that by trend or decree it seems all males norn to islam here are called Muhammad. If the trend was to call them Fox or Duke then Fox or Duke would take up the same perentage in the count poll.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We should welcome all Muslims and Islamic people into the UK if they contribute and want to be a part of British society. They are free to follow their religion but should not try and impose their beliefs and customs on British people unless asked for.

Thats the deal. Take it or leave it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yes.....and? As has been pointed out before, all it shows is that Muslims have babies, for boys the name of their prophet has a very special meaning and so is extremely popular with Muslim parents.

And I think it's fair to extrapolate that seeing as it's in line with the number of Muslims generally in this country that there are not more boy Muslims being born than girls and this country is not on the verge of becoming a Muslim majority.

I'd wager that all of those Muslim baby boys grow up to be like all of the other baby boys. Bit like most Muslim men now. They're not plotting Sharia Law. They're trying to get along peacefully and worried about putting food on their families tables.

What a spackfest.

I agree this thread is SHIT HOUSE but its a dull Wednesday waiting for the Footie isn't it ?.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Bozza, I think someone with a sense of humour has hacked into Rusthall's account and is posting as him, can you please check the ip address?

you'll probably find it is one of NSC's finest comedians....Richie Morris or Easy 10...

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Actually Mohammed Buzzer has a certain ring to it.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
We should welcome all Muslims and Islamic people into the UK if they contribute and want to be a part of British society. They are free to follow their religion but should not try and impose their beliefs and customs on British people unless asked for.

They can go home with the Mormons and the Bibleknockers.

How high up the polls were Donny. Little Jimmy and Merrill?

My point is that this statistic is misleading if the context is not known. There are figures on the number of immigrants, muslims or whatever available and those are the ones you should consider if you are arguing that there are too many muslims in this country. Lets be honest, maybe there are, for all the reasons you said, and the reasons bushy has said on a million threads before. But if that is what we are really arguing about then lets not over state the situation with mis-leading headline grabbers.

Cos Christianity has never sought to "impose their beliefs and customs on <<other>> people" has it?

There, 10 pages assured now.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here