Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK's most popular baby names, Insh'allah

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Give it 20 years and this country will be mostly Muslim, they have arranged marriges, in which they bring their partner, and partners familly over to britton. Have 8 or 9 kids each, only for the kids to do exactly the same when they grow up. And what do our goverment do about it? f*** all.

They are spreading like a Virus.

I think the golden rule should be, if you cannot even spell the name of the country you live in then you should not be allowed to live here. Sound fair?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Complete lack of imagination, these Muslims.

When I worked in the Gulf it seemed like there were only about a dozen guy's names.

Bit like it used to be here about 100 years ago.

When I taught in a heavily Irish Catholic school in Boston back in the 80's, I had five Seans in a class of seventeen boys. Two of them were named Sean Walsh.

And there were never more than about 15 Roman men's praenomina.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I always thought "Jack" was an abbreviation of "John", even though it's the same length.

It's a good question: when did Jack become a name in its own right? My grandfather was known as Jack all his life, although he was a John, that was the norm then. But every playground seems to have a couple of Jacks now.

It's the same for Harry too - since when did that cease being another form of Henry?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
It's a good question: when did Jack become a name in its own right? My grandfather was known as Jack all his life, although he was a John, that was the norm then. But every playground seems to have a couple of Jacks now.

It's the same for Harry too - since when did that cease being another form of Henry?

Alfie is another one that's in the list. I think the trend of naming your children with already abbreviated names is odd - what are you meant to abbreviate it to!
Liam is another one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here