Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Turned Away For Being British......... What's The View Of The NSC Hand Wringers?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Are you for real, take that comment to bed tonight, reflect and review in the morning....You disgust me...p"ick

The aims of the project are:

· To develop cross-cultural friendships

· To promote cultural identity and self-esteem

· To promote community relationships with local service providers

· To support the client group in meeting the needs of their children (0’s-under 5’s) through promotion of services for under 5’s and Women’s Health

I may be a din but at least I can read and understand, which appears to be beyond your capabilities. It is not a playgroup, it is a project for migrant women new to the area. To assist them attending the weekly sessions there is information about services for under 5's, that is NOT a playgroup.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Interesting that one. They seem to fall at the first hurdle then.

No they don't. At the risk of repeating myself ...

This is a comment posted on Cambridge News | Latest News From In & Around Cambridge City | Latest Sports, Jobs & Business News in Cambridge Newspaper
:-

Hmm... I'm familiar with this group, which is actually NOT a "playgroup" like a lot of the press is claiming. Making Links is made up of very lovely/caring women and staffed by British volunteers. Shame on you two girls for putting this group in jeopardy just because you don’t understand the groups purpose, they serve an important function for women who might otherwise be isolated in an unfamiliar country. It’s a comfortable environment for these women as most everyone in the group is in a similar life situation (away from home) or has been there before. If you start letting anyone come in then ultimately the group will forfeit its purpose and the end result will be women staying in isolation. If you’re alone it’s easier to go to a group full of people who have also been alone, rather than find the courage to go to a group full of people who cannot identify with you or your life situation and who have brought their friends (which we all know creates cliques).

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Asylum seekers, people seeking asylum from war torn countries. War often sponsored or started by western governments for their own aims. If you talk to Asylum Seekers they will tell you a harrowing story of their escape from persecution, a story of leaving their family behind, being stuck in a strange sometimes hostile country that it has taken all their money to get to.

If you want to blame someone then try the governments of major western countries (it doesn't matter how you vote they are all the same). If you want to find out more about these issues read http://www.johnpilger.com/. If you want to do something about it join http://www.amnesty.org.au/get-involved/?gclid=CPKc1v2z0aYCFQ87pAodgESYRg.

You are angry with the symptom not the problem. Show some f***ing compassion!

You could also ask the same question to the illegal spongers.. and I'm all for helping fellow humans. But here's my question, you travel across Europe for safety, reach France (a safe country in its own right but doesn't pay benefits like we do, but has opportunities to work ) and still try to stow themselves in trucks etc to gain access to this country. Can someone give me an informed reason WHY ?

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
You are never going to agree with someone like me, or many others. What you are basically saying is that because one or two try it on, they're all liars, and shut 'em all out. If you applied that logic more widely, you'd never get anything done. A benefit cheat? Stop all benefits to everyone. Someone caught smuggling ciggies? Stop all holidays. In a civilised society you have to be prepared to cope with the odd piss-taker, rather than savagely remove liberties from everyone left, right and centre. As long as you retain a system in place to catch them.

Now this is wake up and smell the coffee time, I'm with Bushy on this one to some extent, believe it or not but if you open both eyes they are indeed trying it on, its not one or two you silly person, its tens of thousands. Why stop benefits to legitimate cases, answer that please. Sums you up I think !!! You are not for real, its not the odd piss taker, they are here in abundance and its people like you who encourage them. You cant travel through many safe havens to get to Calais then risk your life under a truck without an end goal....and that is money

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You could also ask the same question to the illegal spongers.. and I'm all for helping fellow humans. But here's my question, you travel across Europe for safety, reach France (a safe country in its own right but doesn't pay benefits like we do, but has opportunities to work ) and still try to stow themselves in trucks etc to gain access to this country. Can someone give me an informed reason WHY ?

http://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/practice/basics/facts.htm

Asylum seekers and refugees do not get large handouts from the state

* Asylum seekers do not come to the UK to claim benefits. In fact, most know nothing about welfare benefits before they arrive and had no expectation that they would receive financial support.
(Refugee Council, Chance or Choice? Understanding why asylum seekers come to the UK, 2009)
* Most asylum seekers are living in poverty and experience poor health and hunger.
(Independent Asylum Commission citizens’ inquiry in The Independent, 22 October 2007)
* Almost all asylum seekers are not allowed to work and are forced to rely on state support – this can be as little as £5 a day to live on.
* Asylum seekers do not jump the queue for council housing and they cannot choose where they live. The accommodation allocated to them is not paid for by the local council. It is nearly always ‘hard to let’ properties, where other people do not want to live.

Sorry if these facts don't fit in with your current "knowledge".

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
http://www.dudley.gov.uk/community-and-living/asylum

Asylum Seekers Key Facts that word again, referenced and everything (took me two minutes on google)

Why do they come to the UK?

Most asylum seekers do not come here – they stay in the first safe country they reach. The vast majority of refugees can be found in the developing world, accounting for 72% of the world’s estimated 12 million asylum seekers and refugees. Across the European Union, Germany takes more asylum seekers than the UK, while there are even more asylum seekers in less developed neighbouring countries like Turkey than in western Europe.

Research shows that most asylum seekers who do come to the UK have little choice in the matter – they are dependent on whoever arranges their escape for them. For those who do have a choice, the main reasons for coming to the UK are usually: some knowledge of English, having relatives or friends living in the country, and a belief that the UK is a safe, tolerant and democratic society.

Are asylum seekers able to claim high levels of benefits?

No. And asylum seekers are not allowed to work either while their cases are being assessed. They only receive 70% of Income Support rates. This is approximately £42 per week.

Do asylum seekers receive free goods such as mobile phones?

No, this is a myth and completely untrue. Asylum seekers only receive basic living necessities from the state. If asylum seekers do have mobile phones, it will because they have saved up to pay for them and because it may be difficult for a landline to be allocated to their property. Mobile phones are often the only means of communication asylum seekers have with their homeland, their solicitors, or the immigration authorities. Sometimes charities or local churches, for example, may allocate second hand goods, clothes, and food parcels to asylum seekers, many of whom arrive in this country with little or no belongings.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Now this is wake up and smell the coffee time, I'm with Bushy on this one to some extent, believe it or not but if you open both eyes they are indeed trying it on, its not one or two you silly person, its tens of thousands. Why stop benefits to legitimate cases, answer that please. Sums you up I think !!! You are not for real, its not the odd piss taker, they are here in abundance and its people like you who encourage them. You cant travel through many safe havens to get to Calais then risk your life under a truck without an end goal....and that is money

:lolol:

Bring back Jo Brand.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Or, if you really want to help out your extended family, instead of sitting on your arse all day, moaning about what they are not getting and what someone else is on here, you could get a job (or a number of jobs), work your arse off doing very long hours, and look after your extended family, wherever they are in the country or world. It's the British way, isn't it :thumbsup:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
They make sure we are not allowed to fly the St George flag you know...!!
haha

Yawn... amazed this nonsense thread is still ongoing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here