Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Glad that Trump’s mob is slowly being rounded up.

51b0c9d3f638dfc127e0f3f02ce3e9a0.jpg

Show impersonators no mercy.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Always a good idea to post a link for things like this and also not to only quote sections that distort the truth.

The part you quoted went on to say that for over 40s the gap was over 10%.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentan...s/genderpaygapintheuk/2020#the-gender-pay-gap

Yes it did, and you're right, I shouldn't have snipped that bit off. Point still stands that pay gap from over 40s can be explained quite easily, and biological drive means that that is not likely to change.

I don't want to derail this thread any further. I think Trump is a ****, and think the same of those that support him. I just think that saying that men have it easy trivialises a lot of genuine issues.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Impeachment process to begin on Monday or soon after. Includes the charge of inciting insurrection.

A draft of House Democrats’ articles of impeachment against Donald Trump includes an article for “incitement of insurrection.”

The draft, obtained by CNN, accuses the president of having “gravely endangered the security of the United States and its institutions of government.”

“President Trump’s conduct on January 6, 2021 was consistent with his prior efforts to subvert and obstruct the certification of the results of the 2020 presidential election,” the draft says.

“He threatened the integrity of the democratic system, interfered with the peaceful transition of power, and imperiled a coordinate branch of government. He thereby betrayed his trust as President, to the manifest injury of the people of the United States.”

House Democrats could file the articles of impeachment as soon as Monday, according to multiple reports, potentially setting up a mid-week vote.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Agreed. A national treasure.

Yes, although some insist it is left wing biased.

Richard Sharp is set to be appointed as the chairman of the BBC’s board of directors.

He's an active Conservative Party donor...

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I was talking about traditional female role like nursing and teaching that get paid horribly, in part due to a society that traditionally see's these as secondary roles to the 'breadwinning' male roles.

You mention that women don't go for high level senior positions, do you think that's because of laziness or do you think perhaps that women are told not to take risks and go for those higher paying jobs?

How does that square with females who currently or recently reached the very top as leaders then? May, Swinson. Sturgeon, Arden, Merkel, Von der Leyen, Sanna Marin. There are probably others too.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Impeachment process to begin on Monday or soon after. Includes the charge of inciting insurrection.

A draft of House Democrats’ articles of impeachment against Donald Trump includes an article for “incitement of insurrection.”

The draft, obtained by CNN, accuses the president of having “gravely endangered the security of the United States and its institutions of government.”

“President Trump’s conduct on January 6, 2021 was consistent with his prior efforts to subvert and obstruct the certification of the results of the 2020 presidential election,” the draft says.

“He threatened the integrity of the democratic system, interfered with the peaceful transition of power, and imperiled a coordinate branch of government. He thereby betrayed his trust as President, to the manifest injury of the people of the United States.”

House Democrats could file the articles of impeachment as soon as Monday, according to multiple reports, potentially setting up a mid-week vote.
A very good move.

The more info that comes out shows that this was an organised attempt at insurrection and rebellion.

Unfortunately it is unlikely that 2/3rds of the Senate will convict him, but nevertheless, an impeachment on such crimes by the House of Representatives matters.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What is Trump's connection to this?

Nothing at all! Doubtless somebody has earlier tried to link the Trump thread to their own particular gender pay agenda - not the first time people have tried to re-route this thread to their own personal agenda!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lots of bad words - but it's worth it:-

[tweet]1347627231187775488[/tweet]

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Murica's finest.

[tweet]1347629406043443203[/tweet]

I'm not surprised Granny is annoyed. The traditional way would have been for a mob to smash up and ransack her house, not quietly arrest.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
It's nice that you can speak for the motivations of all those (about a million?*) that marched but I have strong suspicions many were of the opinion insisting the public vote again was the last chance to keep us in the EU.

The problem with your perspective is you never look at this from the other side.

Imagine we have a democratic event - election/referendum where everyone expects normal democratic principles will apply (result gets enacted) your preferred outcome prevails, the campaigns on both sides are full of the usual politician's half-truths misrepresentations, scaremongering and even fibs. Supporters of the side that lost then-campaign we should have another vote because you Jim in the West/ plus numerous thumb chums didn't really understand the issues and didn't know what you were voting for ...

What would your response be? **

* https://fullfact.org/europe/peoples-vote-march-count/

** If it's not **** off you patronising w****** I'm afraid I won't believe you.

I was trying to underline the fact that there was a world of difference between the assault on the Capitol and the peaceful (good-humoured, in fact) Second Referendum marches.

I do my best to look at things from the other side (I know that might surprise you) - I even took out a digital subscription to the Telegraph a few years ago as part of that process! I completely understand why millions of people voted for Brexit (as I said earlier in this thread) - but that doesn't mean I have to give up on my democratic right to peacefully protest for something different. To be honest, after the referendum I was 100% ready to accept Brexit. In my view, given the closeness of the vote, a soft Brexit would have been the fairest outcome. Instead, we have pretty much the hardest Brexit imaginable. I'm not sure there was a democratic mandate for the outcome, but as you point out, I can't speak for others.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I agree that it’s easier to be white. However, I’d like to hear an example of where life is easier being a man in the U.K. specifically.

One example is that we don't have to put up with almost constant vile sexist comments.

Another is that we can also generally walk around after dark without a rape alarm.

There are plenty more. I've got two daughters in their twenties. It's not easy being a young woman in the UK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here