Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
i bet she loves it in the dirt box...:)

You are a far better charmer than myself Mr Sydney.

However, I do find her weirdly attractive. Like a young Cher.

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
What twaddle. Support for Trump on NSC? Oh yeh - masses of it ............ :facepalm:

There are a few extreme Brexit haters whose prejudices lead them to fantasise that somehow in their bigotted view Brexiteers are Trump supporters too - it probably reinforces and justifies in their own minds their entitled and arrogant contempt for people who don't agree with them. There is no comparison between the march for Brexit and Wednesday's disgusting events - one was a peaceful legitimate political rally; unlike Wednesday's it was not trying to overturn a democratic outcome it didn't like by use of force.

The only comparison between the Brexit process and Wednesday's Trump rally was baying mobs outside Parliament, marching up and down waving EU flags and trying to overturn a democratic outcome they didn't like by shouting at it. Anti-democratic protests in both cases. Fortunately the remainers' baying mob seeking to overturn democracy was less violent and aggressive than the loons in America, and didn't get people killed, although with Sir Bob Geldof in their midst they may well have been more potty-mouthed!

The post you replied to didn't say there is "masses of support" for Trump on here. And although it mentioned the Brexit march, it didn't compare it to the storming of the Capitol. Meanwhile, you might want to remember that the Brexit ideology storm did in fact result in a horrific violent killing, that of Jo Cox.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The post you replied to didn't say there is "masses of support" for Trump on here. And although it mentioned the Brexit march, it didn't compare it to the storming of the Capitol. Meanwhile, you might want to remember that the Brexit ideology storm did in fact result in a horrific violent killing, that of Jo Cox.

Sorry that Jo Cox was murdered, of course, a terrible thing, but complete whataboutery to link that to the violent riots and the deaths caused in Washington. The rest of your post makes little sense. Yo seem to be trying to make a point ...............................................

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Why do you think that traditionally women's roles pay less?

I find it interesting that you’ve started a discussion here, accusing society of having a bias against women yet you being up the concept of”women’s roles”.

A salary is drawn up and determined by market factors, supply, demand and value to businesses.

Women and men are hardwired very differently, men tend to be into “things” and women into “people”. No. Not always, but by and large this is the case.

Men tend to go into careers which are based on “things” which are therefore scalable financially. Tech, software, mechanical engineering, finance, data. All skilled jobs, all provide scalable value to a business.

If a woman (or a man) chooses to go into a caring career, the career is not scalable, limited qualifications, they can be replaced. I can tell you from experience, all of the above financially great careers have a massive drive to increase diversity and sexes. The facts are very few women apply for those jobs.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Good points. Especially inciting a loon to murder Jo Cox. Very similar to Trump’s incitement.
Some on here, at that time, saw the Football Lads Alliance as a nice bunch protecting our sovereignty rather than a bunch of low intellect thugs and bully boys with march leaders Tommy Robinson and UKIP leader Gerard Batten.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
How does that square with females who currently or recently reached the very top as leaders then? May, Swinson. Sturgeon, Arden, Merkel, Von der Leyen, Sanna Marin. There are probably others too.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Well said. Until Boris took over we had a female PM, female Scottish leader PM and a female monarch.

Yet that constitutes a patriarchy apparently.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Nah I agree with everything you just said, this one tangent I was on is all a greater whole of divide and conquer that at its heart always comes back to the elites dividing and conquering the rest while they get richer off of your anger.

The majority of homeless people are men. The majority of suicide deaths are men. Young men graduate college and universities less than young women. Young women are out-earning young men. Single women are more likely to own a home than single men. There are gross discrepancies in the amount of government aid available to men and that available to women. Head to the park with your young daughter alone on a sunny day and tell me how you get on, I've heard horror stories from friends with children. Go take a look at how many mens shelters there are compared to womens for domestic violence despite it being 50/50.

The fact is, you are exactly what I mean by the problem: "You're a white man, you have it so much easier than women, if you're not succeeding then it's your own fault."

Absolutely brilliant post Viper on a very complex subject, sadly not acknowledged by many [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Men’s rights are a real issue that people are very uncomfortable talking about.

Even a passing comment here about us being a patriarchy, is said as if it’s common knowledge, yet with no proof to back it up. Just repeating rhetoric that’s been put into your head for the last 5 years in media.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You are a far better charmer than myself Mr Sydney.

However, I do find her weirdly attractive. Like a young Cher.

meticulously manicured as well no doubt , has her giggle slot been ruined by the arrival of young trumpeters i wonder , if not she'd definitely be worth a pummelling.:)

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Absolutely brilliant post Viper on a very complex subject, sadly not acknowledged by many [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Even a passing comment here about us being a patriarchy, is said as if it’s common knowledge, yet with no proof to back it up. Just repeating rhetoric that’s been put into your head for the last 5 years in media.

This is all wildly inaccurate and indicative of the nastiness that people like Trump have encouraged and allowed to emerge.

99% of domestic violence is committed towards women

Women still earn significantly less than men and occupy far few senior roles than men. Take a look at gender parity reports.

Jesus wept, white men get a few years of being told that they are privileged (when they are) and you’d think the world was falling in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You're probably right - the Brexit element is best left to the Bear Pit. By the way, I'm not dismissing your point of view. I completely accept that there are many reasons why people voted for Brexit - you didn't necessarily need to believe Farage, Johnson, Rees-Mogg, Gove, or any of the other serial liars. However, it's difficult to argue that the Vote Leave campaign wasn't based on a whole pack of lies. And one of the most galling aspects of the whole process was that, as soon as anyone on the other side tried to highlight those lies, it was labelled "Project Fear". Expertise was ridiculed ("we don't need experts"). It became impossible to properly debate the issues.

That's the problem....the legacy of all this is that Trump and Brexit have caused huge division at a time when we all need to pull together. And unfortunately the architects of Trumpism and Brexit are just getting richer on the back of it.

I was going to try stay out of this side debate but ..... 'Project Fear' came about because the remain campaign ( and I stress the campaign not the remain voters ) decided the best tactic was to highlight all the negatives of leaving the EU rather then the positives of staying. That put the backs up of those on the fence and resulted in them voting leave ( along side wanting to give an unpopular government a kick ). If the campaign had been a positive one I truly believe we'd still be in the EU.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

I reckon it's the 1000s of years of recorded history that leads people to believe in the patriarchy, not 5 years of media coverage.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Jesus wept, white men get a few years of being told that they are privileged (when they are) and you’d think the world was falling in.

It’s certainly rich having the Christ in tears. He and his old man set the model for HIStory to be dominated and controlled by men.

Female voices in the bible make up less than 1% of the narrative or quoted content.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It’s certainly rich having the Christ in tears. He and his old man set the model for HIStory to be dominated and controlled by men.

Female voices in the bible make up less than 1% of the narrative or quoted content.

Yeah but imagine how long that book would be if he let the doris' natter on.
Nobody would ever get to the end.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I find it interesting that you’ve started a discussion here, accusing society of having a bias against women yet you being up the concept of”women’s roles”.

A salary is drawn up and determined by market factors, supply, demand and value to businesses.

Women and men are hardwired very differently, men tend to be into “things” and women into “people”. No. Not always, but by and large this is the case.

Men tend to go into careers which are based on “things” which are therefore scalable financially. Tech, software, mechanical engineering, finance, data. All skilled jobs, all provide scalable value to a business.

If a woman (or a man) chooses to go into a caring career, the career is not scalable, limited qualifications, they can be replaced. I can tell you from experience, all of the above financially great careers have a massive drive to increase diversity and sexes. The facts are very few women apply for those jobs.

They are not driving hard enough or fast enough. We have had 50 years or more to bring all others in line to Equality and we are still miles off. What the f#ck are we waiting for.

I serve on a Committee in my Firm to Promote Equality in the Legal and Accountancy Professions and the Resistance I meet with is absolutely horrendous. Hardly anyone in positions of Power amongst white men are willing to " Yield " to any change willingly. In fact it was EU Legislation that has dragged the UK kicking and screaming into "Modernity " in the UK work place and now we don't even have that to drive us to Equality.

To reach an " Equilibrium" in the workplace or in terms of Gender and Racial Equality. It is not about what people put in to achieve it. It is in fact about what White Men are willing to " Give Up " to achieve it.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'll start with education, seeing that I studied it, and I taught for 10 years - In Primary schools the classroom is nearly always set up for boys (consciously and subconsciously) for example the space for boys to play is nearly always in the middle of the room and takes up a lot a of space, while the girls are pushed into the corners. Also there is a often a competitive nature in education that benefits the masculine. Putting up hands to ask questions for example. I won't bore you with studies but they always show the same thing, that boys get way more attention from teachers than girls.

Sorry, because I usually agree with a lot of what you say, but this is unadulterated horseshit.

I think you must be living in the past (or America).

"Girls are pushed into the corners"? WHAT???? That's just a blatant lie. It's not true. It does NOT happen and if it did it would be stopped.

Visit any Primary School in this city (when they're open) and see if you have the audacity to say that to someone who works there after seeing the kids playing for two minutes. I doubt the rest of the country is different. I could go on to dissect every incorrect word in that post but I really can't be bothered. It's just so wrong.

When exactly was your last experience of this type of behaviour in schools? 1950's England maybe? I suppose that girls didn't play football much when I was a kid in the 70s/80s but some certainly did, and loads do now. Either way, neither the playground nor the classroom "benefit the masculine", especially as most (e.g.) 10 year old girls are generally the tallest and most mature in the class!

Didn't want to enter this debate as I basically disagree with both sides on many of the points, but I'm not letting that one go. Seriously, that kind of backward thinking MAKES THINGS WORSE for boys and girls (or should I have said girls and boys, or would that be too proactive.... Oh no!!!?). FFS.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Yeah but who believes any of that load of old bollocks any more anyway? :thumbsup:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I was going to try stay out of this side debate but ..... 'Project Fear' came about because the remain campaign ( and I stress the campaign not the remain voters ) decided the best tactic was to highlight all the negatives of leaving the EU rather then the positives of staying. That put the backs up of those on the fence and resulted in them voting leave ( along side wanting to give an unpopular government a kick ). If the campaign had been a positive one I truly believe we'd still be in the EU.

How's the French citizenship application going?

Amazed you would criticise others for daring to point out negative aspects of leaving that you are now currently experiencing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here