Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes, although some insist it is left wing biased.

Richard Sharp is set to be appointed as the chairman of the BBC’s board of directors.

He's an active Conservative Party donor...

Well, check who was editing (till recently) and interviewing (currently) on the Today programme. Yet I find it invaluable and as neutral as it is possible to be.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
One example is that we don't have to put up with almost constant vile sexist comments.

Another is that we can also generally walk around after dark without a rape alarm.

There are plenty more. I've got two daughters in their twenties. It's not easy being a young woman in the UK.

.... in the world. I have a daughter too, it’s the age old fear of any parent. And a reality, I know two teens who were stranger raped.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Impeachment process to begin on Monday or soon after. Includes the charge of inciting insurrection.

A draft of House Democrats’ articles of impeachment against Donald Trump includes an article for “incitement of insurrection.”

The draft, obtained by CNN, accuses the president of having “gravely endangered the security of the United States and its institutions of government.”

“President Trump’s conduct on January 6, 2021 was consistent with his prior efforts to subvert and obstruct the certification of the results of the 2020 presidential election,” the draft says.

“He threatened the integrity of the democratic system, interfered with the peaceful transition of power, and imperiled a coordinate branch of government. He thereby betrayed his trust as President, to the manifest injury of the people of the United States.”

House Democrats could file the articles of impeachment as soon as Monday, according to multiple reports, potentially setting up a mid-week vote.
I don't think they have enough time to do this, except as a gesture. Trump will be out of office within 10 days.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
One example is that we don't have to put up with almost constant vile sexist comments.

Another is that we can also generally walk around after dark without a rape alarm.

There are plenty more. I've got two daughters in their twenties. It's not easy being a young woman in the UK.

In the UK, or just about anywhere? I'd go for the latter - and we live in a comparatively extremely safe (and forward thinking - yes despite brexit before someone points it out) country compared to many, many countries around the world.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Thrown off Twitter - stable door, horse & bolted are words that spring to mind.

Or as Marina Hyde said:

This is not so much a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted as doping the horse, whipping it into a frenzy, encouraging it to bolt, fostering a world in which humans are subjugated by horses, monetising every snort and whinny, allowing the very existence of “humans” and “horses” to become just one of a bunch of competing opinions, and then – only when that one particular horse has outlived its usefulness and seems destined for the glue factory – gently closing the stable door with a self-satisfied little “click”.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I watched that live, she completely lost the plot. I had to immediately wind it back and watch it again. Hysterical stuff.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Lovely understated stuff from Adam Boulton here.

[tweet]1347593039238344706[/tweet]

Under the layers of Polyfilla, boy he wound her up.

Funny that should mention pay our taxes. Trump doesn’t and he’s a magnet for wealthy yanks who consider it a badge of honour to pay very little tax to “big government”.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I watched that live, she completely lost the plot. I had to immediately wind it back and watch it again. Hysterical stuff.

She's been on before, the go-to Trump nutjob for Sky TV.

I get the impression the journalists really hate interviewing her and I'd be the same.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Apple have warned Parler about moderating, whereas Google is removing it from their apps.

Steve Bannon is banned from YouTube.

It looks like the tech companies are finally cleaning up their acts.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
The orange moron has tried to use the official govt Twitter accounts for his rants instead, but Twitter were ready for him.

ErQSMAyWMAUEm9g

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
One thing of note is that Trump's Twitter account is his personal account, not actually the official account of the President of The United States.

After his ban (If Twitter is to believed), he has been posting on the official account but Twitter has just shut down his access to that as well.

Edit: I'm not convinced at the moment, because the screen shot tweets look too long....

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It does appear to have happened, although there are some fake tweets on Twitter suggesting what he typed.

This was really the "blimey" moment. Twitter blocked the president from accessing the official presidential account.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here