Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Trump under fire.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Police are now holding a press conference in Butler, Pennsylvania after the shooting at Trump’s rally.

The FBI confirm “an assassination attempt” took place against Trump but are not prepared to identify the shooter and have not identified an official motive yet.

Police confirm all three victims of the shooting were adults and male.

Two critically injured and one killed

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
A survey conducted in late June from the University of Chicago found that there is now more support for violence against Trump (10% of American adults, or 26 million people) compared with violence in favor of Trump (6.9%, or 18 million people). Until January, the survey showed there was more support for violence in favor of Trump.

And of the 26 million American adults who support violence to prevent Trump from regaining the presidency, more than 30% own guns and almost 80% have access to internet organizational tools.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
To think this was the first thoughts of some posters is incredibly concerning.

This is what social media has done to us.
Social Media is the instrument, not the cause.

I felt something like this might happen for several years. Trumps own rhetoric combined with the fanaticism of multiple conspiracy theorists and access to guns have led us here. The US is a lot scarier place today as Trump has got his wish to be seen as a " Victim " after this shooting. His supporters are all over the internet ramping up the hatred against Biden, Pelosi or almost any other Democrat.

Trumps long list of vitriol and hatred over the last few years has been ignored by his supporters and not called out for what it is and last nights shooting will be seen as an attempt from Democrats to " silence truth" rather than an assassination attempt from a nut job.

After this, Trump will win the election at a canter and the US and, subsequently, the world just got a hell of a lot scarier.

Lord help us.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The man who attempted to kill Donald Trump is 20-year-old Thomas Matthew Crooks, according to a FBI statement released a short while ago.

The gunman has been shot dead by Secret Service agents.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
After this, Trump will win the election at a canter and the US and, subsequently, the world just got a hell of a lot scarier.

Lord help us.
This.

What a spectacular own goal by the gunman.

(Assuming it's not the Trumpian plot some will think it is)

That orange bungle**** will set the world back about 20 years. FML.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
This.

What a spectacular own goal by the gunman.

(Assuming it's not the Trumpian plot some will think it is)

That orange bungle**** will set the world back about 20 years. FML.
A lot more than 20 years. My American friends, some of whom are Republicans, see a Trump victory as "the end of the American experiment".

Jul 20, 2003
Another downside is it'll probably make Biden less likely to step aside as he'll be worried about it now being perceived as him just being concerned about his own safety... and that's how Trump might try and spin it too.

When I went to sleep I hadn't considered that.

Yep.

Jesus wept.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Another downside is it'll probably make Biden less likely to step aside as he'll be worried about it now being perceived as him just being concerned about his own safety... and that's how Trump might try and spin it too.
Yes, or even an admission of some amount of culpability.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
A lot more than 20 years. My American friends, some of whom are Republicans, see a Trump victory as "the end of the American experiment".
Set the US back 20 years .....the world will become a scarier place?!?.

More corrupt maybe but......

Last time he was in charge I don't remember any big wars that the west were actively involved in like Russia or Israel. The worlds got a lot more scarier since sleepy Joe has been in power.

Jul 20, 2003
I don't think it's anything to do with social media. The Kennedy assassination had alternative explanations questioning the official line within days (whether conspiracy theory or not). Lincoln's did too. I agree it's concerning to see though: the actions of Trump and others over the last decade have undermined trust in everything further than ever before to the point we can often no longer be certain what is true and what is spun.
John Hinckley Jr shot Reagan in 1981 in attempt to impress Jodie Foster.

The best way to stop a nutter with a gun is to stop nutters having access to guns.

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
How could you miss that massive orange target?
The dangerous far left are showing their hand here. Very sad that a person has died here, and others seriously injured by a 20 year old with a gun. I believe the far left are the ones to watch, pure hatred being released from propaganda.
Guess what it's happening here.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
The dangerous far left are showing their hand here. Very sad that a person has died here, and others seriously injured by a 20 year old with a gun. I believe the far left are the ones to watch, pure hatred being released from propaganda.
That's an oddly one sided view of things. The shooter has already been identified as a registered Republican, but despite that there are public calls from Trump supporters online for actual armed force and revenge against Democrats. I read a college student this morning offering to leave college to be on the "front line" if Trump calls for it and other people talking about "mobilisation". Both sides need to be watched, but (so far) only one seems to be especially vocal about escalation.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Funny ol game isn’t it.
Guns are available to all nutters in the US
And it’s the gun lobby that promotes their use.
I believe they are big supporters of Donald, but could be completely wrong.
Lots of nutters with guns mean school kids get massacred and people can shoot at former presidents.
Funny ol game
Always somebody’s fault eh

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Some of the responses on here to a person of such high profile being shot are startling.

This is merely a football forum, bearing in mind how they will be magnified on other sites then no surprise that this world is in such a mess.
It's unacceptable that someone is shot at, let alone killing and injuring innocent by standers in the crowd.

Violence within politics seems to be slowly creeping up and it's disturbing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here