Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Trump under fire.

Jul 20, 2003
A survey conducted in late June from the University of Chicago found that there is now more support for violence against Trump (10% of American adults, or 26 million people) compared with violence in favor of Trump (6.9%, or 18 million people). Until January, the survey showed there was more support for violence in favor of Trump.

And of the 26 million American adults who support violence to prevent Trump from regaining the presidency, more than 30% own guns and almost 80% have access to internet organizational tools.
Who are the over 20% that don't have access to internet organi'z'ational tools?

And what is an internet organisational tool?

As for guns. Recent Gallup poll* Over 30% of Americans said they own a gun and over 40% said they lived in a household with a gun.

Attachments

• d_-pdydejk6e-wt7j3wg3q.png
    d_-pdydejk6e-wt7j3wg3q.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 22

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
That's an oddly one sided view of things. The shooter has already been identified as a registered Republican, but despite that there are public calls from Trump supporters online for actual armed force and revenge against Democrats. I read a college student this morning offering to leave college to be on the "front line" if Trump calls for it and other people talking about "mobilisation". Both sides need to be watched, but (so far) only one seems to be especially vocal about escalation.
1000012586.png

abc

Jan 6, 2007
This should be a sobering moment for us in the UK. Our politicians still travel the country without armed security, often using public transport and the most serious threat being a milkshake or egg being thrown. There have been incidents when this freedom has led to tragedy but thankfully they remain rare. There is genuine 'anger' across our society at the moment as there is in the U.S but we still have a choice as to whether this creates a society where politicians are in danger of being murdered because someone doesn't agree with their views. Some of the rhetoric on the political threads here is a microcosm of the language used throughout social media but also by some celebs, religious leaders, politicians themselves and 'Jo Bloggs down the pub' that creates enough hate in some people twisted enough to believe that they are somehow being given justification for extreme violence.
If there was ever a time when we need to try and spread 'love and respect' in order to counter 'hate and violence' it is now. The events in the US re a reminder of what is down the line if we don't succeed.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Civil war was always going to be the outcome, this speeds it up

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
A simply astonishing photo:-

It's been confirmed that the bullet came from Trump's right, towards where he was facing, so if that photo is of the actual bullet it must be after it grazed Trump and before he had time to react

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
It's unacceptable that someone is shot at, let alone killing and injuring innocent by standers in the crowd.

Violence within politics seems to be slowly creeping up and it's disturbing
Firstly, I agree. Secondly, and this is going to sound a bit (a lot) like victim blaming, Trump has whipped up hatred and division, his involvement in the storming of the Capitol is obvious - He's even said he will pardon those convicted in the event. Violence was wrong on Jan 6th 2021 and it's wrong today and I'd like to think Trump would recognise these and try calm things down but he won't, he will fan the flames and may reap what he sows. Doesn't make it right though. Sad days.

Jul 20, 2003
The dangerous far left are showing their hand here. Very sad that a person has died here, and others seriously injured by a 20 year old with a gun. I believe the far left are the ones to watch, pure hatred being released from propaganda.
Guess what it's happening here.

All extremism is a problem to 'normal' society...that's why it called extremism

(I've removed the half a dozen clips of people running over BLM protestors because it wasn't helpful)

Last edited:

Jul 20, 2003
It's been confirmed that the bullet came from Trump's right, towards where he was facing, so if that photo is of the actual bullet it must be after it grazed Trump and before he had time to react

What, and catch it in his teeth?

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
America is absolutely screwed. Whatever happens in the election the country is going to have a meltdown.

1. Trump wins - rounding up of opponents and then what? I suspect changes to how their democracy works and he will be setting up deportation camps etc

2. Trump loses - i don’t see how this would be allowed to happen by his people. There will be a sodding civil war.

Someone please assure me I am wrong.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Let's just imagine the the assassination were successful. (Definitely not condoning it). Do we think Biden would have then stepped down to allow a big reset on all sides?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
VIolence within politics seems to be slowly creeping up and it's disturbing
Err.. you are aware that there have been 11 assassination attempts on former US presidents, four successful, plus one attempted assassination of a presidential candidate, not to mention Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr and many others.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Firstly, I agree. Secondly, and this is going to sound a bit (a lot) like victim blaming, Trump has whipped up hatred and division, his involvement in the storming of the Capitol is obvious - He's even said he will pardon those convicted in the event. Violence was wrong on Jan 6th 2021 and it's wrong today and I'd like to think Trump would recognise these and try calm things down but he won't, he will fan the flames and may reap what he sows. Doesn't make it right though. Sad days.
Unfortunately it's usually other people who reap what he sows. It happened on January 6th and now it's happened again.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
All extremism is a problem to 'normal' society...that's why it called extremism

(I've removed the half a dozen clips of people running over BLM protestors because it wasn't helpful)
Quite, I also don't think we have any verification on the motive or political leaning of the shooter.

My son is staying many people are saying he is a republican. Although he is getting his information from Twitter so at this stage Ill wait for verification.

That said, anyone who is prepared to try and take out a presidental candidate is one to watch, regardless of if they are a left or right extremist.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's unacceptable that someone is shot at, let alone killing and injuring innocent by standers in the crowd.

Violence within politics seems to be slowly creeping up and it's disturbing
Nonsense. Americans routinely attempt to assassinate their president, and sometimes succeed. The last 50 years has been remarkably quiet on that front.

Now that we know the shooter was a registered republican are the usual suspects going to back down about the need for crackdown on the hard left?

Or will they continue to wallow in their wormy opinion while ignoring facts?

I think we know the answer to that.

I have said nothing about Trump on this thread, before I'm accuse by the loony right of gloating.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
The democrats have blood on their hands here no matter what you feel about Trump

I reckon it was staged

But

There are some crazy lefties on here wishing someone dead ?!? Trump might be a massive wind up merchant and a prat, but he's hardly Hitler.

100%

The idiot shooter, assumed to be a radical leftist lunatic has made a martyr out of the poor guy who lost his life in the crowd, and a hero out of Trump.
All he has to do now is sit back, play some golf, sell some t-shirts and take the win in November. All from the insane action of one radical.
What a play Liberals, what a play.

The dangerous far left are showing their hand here. Very sad that a person has died here, and others seriously injured by a 20 year old with a gun. I believe the far left are the ones to watch, pure hatred being released from propaganda.
Guess what it's happening here.

It is very telling that certain people on here are taking the opportunity to use this incident to malign the left and Democrats by projecting their own political biases into the narrative. If they were doing that in the States, they’d be acerbating to an already very charged atmosphere in a Country now sitting on a tinder box thanks to nearly 8 years of Trump enabling a platform for dangerous extremists and using violent rhetoric against the establishment to drum up populist support for himself..

“Pennsylvania voter records listed a Thomas Matthew Crooks with the same address and birth date as a registered Republican, though it was not clear from the records when that was put in place.”

Until the FBI have determined a motive and released more details about the shooter (who was a 20 years old and a local), any speculation on social media by people who were no where near this situation, nor even in the States, is just that, speculation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here