Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

trouble in birmingham city centre

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Funnily enough this story made the Times today.

Made out the majority of this lot were ex hardcore 80s football thugs so does not look good.

perhaps "anti-fascist" is a catch all term that includes muslim extremists ?? That isnt too hard to envisage is it ? Your faux innocence about this sort of thing is so transparently false you shouldnt bother anymore.
Tosh. The demonstration against the BNP's "summer camp" is being organised by Unite Against Fascism.

That is NOT an organisation that is associated with muslim extremists.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
perhaps "anti-fascist" is a catch all term that includes muslim extremists ?? That isnt too hard to envisage is it ? Your faux innocence about this sort of thing is so transparently false you shouldnt bother anymore.

genuine question here, Bushy. Why are you so obsessed with mozzers and darkies? It seems quite personal with you.

I did know of only one other person who seems to have so much inner rage about them but that was because a gang of them fiddled with his winkie at school. Dunno if that was true, the bloke also reckoned that he was related to Dickie Davies.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
genuine question here, Bushy. Why are you so obsessed with mozzers and darkies? It seems quite personal with you.

I did know of only one other person who seems to have so much inner rage about them but that was because a gang of them fiddled with his winkie at school. Dunno if that was true, the bloke also reckoned that he was related to Dickie Davies.
im not obsessed with them,im not going to invite ridicule by going down the "some of my best friends are black route" because its not true, but i do have asian and black people i drink with and count as mates, so im not some some david copeland type race warrior, i have genuine fears with the way this country is headed in terms of social cohesion, and i cant stand the large amount of people on here who never have their "goodguy take everyone as find" convictions tested, im cynical because i see and have lived with the results of unchecked immigration everyday, people who have no affinity with this country or its values and standards whatsoever, genuine question for you, tell me truthfully how you would feel if worthing or indeed brighton was 35% muslim and 20% african in 10 years time , with local worthing children in schools vastly outnumbered , a worthing where english certainly isnt the language you hear spoken on the streets by most of these new arrivals, a worthing where YOU feel the outsider? Im sure lots of people on here would claim not to have a problem with it, lets hope they dont have to test their convictions eh ?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
In answer to your question, I don't see it as a separate problem from the way this country is moving towards voluntary social apartheid.

Swap the mozzers for chavs, mosques for off licences and Arabic for estuary English and you've got the same problem as far as I can see. Is Dewsbury really any different? Outsiders don't go in, locals don't go out , they don't seem to care about the community outside their little bubble.

Britain changes. Always has done. You can bet that until the Irish moved to Liverpool that the culture, language and accent was all different. Same as Brixton pre 1950s. Yes, there's problems but we haven't stopped being English since all that happened. I think you worry too much.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
im cynical because i see and have lived with the results of unchecked immigration everyday, people who have no affinity with this country or its values and standards whatsoever, genuine question for you, tell me truthfully how you would feel if worthing or indeed brighton was 35% muslim and 20% african in 10 years time , with local worthing children in schools vastly outnumbered , a worthing where english certainly isnt the language you hear spoken on the streets by most of these new arrivals, a worthing where YOU feel the outsider? Im sure lots of people on here would claim not to have a problem with it, lets hope they dont have to test their convictions eh ?

Unchecked immigration? There have been 13 immigration and nationality acts since 1962 restricting immigration. The only ones that have increased immigration are the various EU ones - they don't need tend to lead to a massive increase in Africans.

And no, I have no problem with large numbers of immigrants: I've lived in Bradford, Finsbury Park, Balham and Tooting - all places with high immigrant populations. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Edit: Just seen Buzzer's post. He's spot on - the vast majority of immigrants be they Irish, Caribbean, Indian or Polish assimilate very quickly. There might be short term difficulties but they're quickly sorted. And few object to the likes of Rooney and Defoe in the England football team or Bopara and Panesar in the cricket team (not on the grounds of race anyway).

Last edited:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
In answer to your question, I don't see it as a separate problem from the way this country is moving towards voluntary social apartheid.

Swap the mozzers for chavs, mosques for off licences and Arabic for estuary English and you've got the same problem as far as I can see. Is Dewsbury really any different? Outsiders don't go in, locals don't go out , they don't seem to care about the community outside their little bubble.

Britain changes. Always has done. You can bet that until the Irish moved to Liverpool that the culture, language and accent was all different. Same as Brixton pre 1950s. Yes, there's problems but we haven't stopped being English since all that happened. I think you worry too much.
To be honest i think thats a pretty evasive answer, and wrong too, I think there is too much offhand dismisal of the white working class as chavs in a way that would provoke outrage if applied in such a generalised manner to the muslims, i also disagree that britain has "always changed" , sure there has been immigration but never on such a vast scale and never by people with such a palpably different lifestyle to ours, and yet again its very easy to say this from hanover isnt it , less so if your family has lived in stepney for generations and you're one of the last two white families living in a street of 50 houses, and lets be honest you totally ignored my question about worthing , or wherever you grew up ,delete as applicable.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Just re-read what I wrote. Christ, that's a clumsy way that I've tried to make a point.

I meant about no-go areas all being poor and outside the rest of society. That still sounds bollocks. Perhaps it is. I dunno.

I do think you worry too much though, Bushy

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Unchecked immigration? There have been 13 immigration and nationality acts since 1962 restricting immigration. The only ones that have increased immigration are the various EU ones - they don't need tend to lead to a massive increase in Africans.

And no, I have no problem with large numbers of immigrants: I've lived in Bradford, Finsbury Park, Balham and Tooting - all places with high immigrant populations. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.
most white working class people who grew up in and whose family have lived in an area for generations , couldnt give a flying f*** whether you're bothered or not about the immigrants there , you chose to live there of your own volition, they'd tell you to come back and talk to them when moulsecoomb has gone the same way.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Just re-read what I wrote. Christ, that's a clumsy way that I've tried to make a point.

I meant about no-go areas all being poor and outside the rest of society. That still sounds bollocks. Perhaps it is. I dunno.

I do think you worry too much though, Bushy
perhaps i do, never mind, its the weekend :lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
most white working class people who grew up in and whose family have lived in an area for generations , couldnt give a flying f*** whether you're bothered or not about the immigrants there , you chose to live there of your own volition, they'd tell you to come back and talk to them when moulsecoomb has gone the same way.

You didn't ask about other people. You said "tell me truthfully how you would feel if worthing or indeed brighton was 35% muslim and 20% african in 10 years time". And my truthful answer is that I'm not bothered - and to anticipate any "it's easy to say that" comments, I pointed out that I'd already lived in areas of high immigration.

In fact, Mrs Gwylan- who's a Londoner through and through - has one complaint about Brighton: it's just too white.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here