Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

trouble in birmingham city centre

Dandyman

In London village.
Hold on your a Yid though (from your sig) and your telling a Chelsea fan (you say) to do one from a Brighton site?

I spent my teenage years on the Shelf and am a Yid and I have followed BHA for just as long but I know that BHA have now, in the past and no doubt will always have a significant minority of the far right among the following, its the way with BHA always has been.

Spurs are my other club ( I live a few miles from WHL). Bushy as far as I know is a Chelski fan who moved to Haywards Heath and has now moved back to saaf London. Not sure he is actually an Albion fan.

As far as the racist twats go, there is an element among our support which tend to be more active on here than at games. If they intend to start being more active at games, then I'd say there are enough of us that do not want that to do so something about it.

1 night only

Apr 29, 2009
Fair enough Dandy, though I think they have always been at games so not really sure what your getting at with the "do something about it comment". Though granted it is some time since the paper sell days.

Funny place Brighton, has such a liberal attitude to many things but the football club has always had a far right wing element to it's support, I suppose the football club is the obvious place to find the right wing from not just the city but the towns and villages all around sussex.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I learned my anti-racism from my grandad - a brickie who moved to Rotherhithe in 1934 and lived there until he died, aged 77. I remember him being outraged by the racism of those dockers who marched in support of "Good Old Enoch", in the aftermath of the notorious "rivers of blood" speech. And his wasn't the only voice in the neighbourhood to be warning about the pernicious influence of far-right trouble makers who had not one jot of interest in the community that he had lived in happily for 35 years.

Ahh the old learnt politics !!

My politics have evolved over many years, my views today are different from when I was younger and will probably change in future years.

I refuse to subscribe to some doctrine of beliefs, far right or far left, I assume we all nick a little from each extreme.

Good for your Grandad, but thinking that being an anti racist is of accepting anything that others from different cultures might bring to our Country without reasonable scrutiny whilst ignoring any concerns of the incumbent community is unlikely to deliver the racial harmony that most would like.

Has it ever occured to you that those marching in support for 'Good Old Enoch' maybe didnt share the 35 years of Community bliss your Grandfather was so fortunate to have ?

Those voting for the BNP are not all knuckle heads that need condemning by the self appointed guardians of our democracy, people have in my view a real concern on immigration levels and the inevitable impact that they feel this has on their local communities.

Dandyman

In London village.
Ahh the old learnt politics !!

My politics have evolved over many years, my views today are different from when I was younger and will probably change in future years.

I refuse to subscribe to some doctrine of beliefs, far right or far left, I assume we all nick a little from each extreme.

Good for your Grandad, but thinking that being an anti racist is of accepting anything that others from different cultures might bring to our Country without reasonable scrutiny whilst ignoring any concerns of the incumbent community is unlikely to deliver the racial harmony that most would like.

Has it ever occured to you that those marching in support for 'Good Old Enoch' maybe didnt share the 35 years of Community bliss your Grandfather was so fortunate to have ?

Those voting for the BNP are not all knuckle heads that need condemning by the self appointed guardians of our democracy, people have in my view a real concern on immigration levels and the inevitable impact that they feel this has on their local communities.

Those who marched in support of that charlatan Powell were the children of the trash who were chanting "we've gotta get ridda the yids" in the 1930's. Fortunately the East End has a long tradition of progressive politics and anti-fascism and the scum of the early 70's were and remain a minority.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Spurs are my other club ( I live a few miles from WHL). Bushy as far as I know is a Chelski fan who moved to Haywards Heath and has now moved back to saaf London. Not sure he is actually an Albion fan.

As far as the racist twats go, there is an element among our support which tend to be more active on here than at games. If they intend to start being more active at games, then I'd say there are enough of us that do not want that to do so something about it.

Other club, other club? You dont sound much of a BHA fan yourself!

As far as the sanctimonious twats go, there is an element amongst BHA's support and they also tend to be more active on here than at games, especially those with posts in excess of 5k.

These humnan shits stains have a proclivity to making threats when they feel their own political ideology is under threat, but then they are essentially just a negative of the very people they purport to despise.

As for you doing something about it I will look forward to you and the other pious ones getting active at up and coming away games.................maybe you could get a uniform so us mere mortals can recognise who you are...................something in brown maybe?

In fact given your commitment to 'sortin aaht' the bigoted amongst BHA's support, given your location and support for THFC maybe you need to start closer to home with TT and some of his mates, or is BHA all you can take.................pathetic.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I learned my anti-racism from my grandad - a brickie who moved to Rotherhithe in 1934 and lived there until he died, aged 77. I remember him being outraged by the racism of those dockers who marched in support of "Good Old Enoch", in the aftermath of the notorious "rivers of blood" speech. And his wasn't the only voice in the neighbourhood to be warning about the pernicious influence of far-right trouble makers who had not one jot of interest in the community that he had lived in happily for 35 years.

How did he feel about the f***ing mix of idiotic left wing militant trade unionism, and unrestrained capitalism that caused the demise of the completely viable to this day upriver docks?

How did he feel about Fred. Olsen begging the PLA to keep the West India Docks open when the lefties had decided to play martyr and the PLA had given up to Heseltine and the property developers?

The dockers, right wing. Biggest laugh of the night. But no activist lefties have cut the collective throat of a community better in this country, apart from the NUM. It's an interesting question, those you condemn also supported the Pentonville lads, defending your community has many facets.

I think you will find that the feeling in Rotherhithe right now is exactly the same as your 'dark days' of the sixties. Perhaps even stronger. Excepting those who were ethnically cleansed to Welling and Bexleyheath, who are still not happy about it. But then why let the truth get in the way of revisionism. What do the people who lived there, hated what happened to their areas and took the offer to move out, have to offer to the discussion eh? Shut them up sharpish, no one wants to hear that.

Last edited:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Those who marched in support of that charlatan Powell were the children of the trash who were chanting "we've gotta get ridda the yids" in the 1930's. Fortunately the East End has a long tradition of progressive politics and anti-fascism and the scum of the early 70's were and remain a minority.

Oh right, course they were and who are these 'children of trash' and 'Scum' of the early 70's you refer to, a small minority of white working class maybe ?

I look forward to your views on the extremists within the Muslim communities and the Yardies within the Jamaican Communites and Drug Barons within the Turkish Communities etc.etc.

Why do you remain so passive on these issues, you need to be honest and consistent and it seem's you anti fascists are immersed in your political doctrine and are unable to be either.

How did he feel about the f***ing mix of idiotic left wing militant trade unionism, and unrestrained capitalism that caused the demise of the completely viable to this day upriver docks?

How did he feel about Fred. Olsen begging the PLA to keep the West India Docks open when the lefties had decided to play martyr and the PLA had given up to Heseltine and the property developers?

The dockers, right wing. Biggest laugh of the night. No lefties have cut the collective throat of a community better, apart from the NUM.

I think you will find that the feeling in Rotherhithe right now is exactly the same as your 'dark days' of the sixties.
To be honest ... I don't think he would have argued very much with that analysis. He saw the closure of the Surrey Docks pretty much as a self-inflicted wound. He had little time for those dockers who saw themselves as the elite of the working class.

He supported Charlton Athletic, rather than Millwall ... if you see what I mean. Bob Mellish, rather than Jack Dash.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
All you non-Brits should STFU & return to somewhere that agrees with you & leave us free from gun bandits,drug bandits,NHS bandits,benefit bandits,hoomanrites bandits,& take the bumbandits & ethnic dykes with you!On a jokey note,a gentleman queuing for a PIA flight at Brum airport found himself £5 short for his airfare & asked if I could help.I gave him £50 & told him to take half his family as well!!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
All you non-Brits should STFU & return to somewhere that agrees with you & leave us free from gun bandits,drug bandits,NHS bandits,benefit bandits,hoomanrites bandits,& take the bumbandits & ethnic dykes with you!On a jokey note,a gentleman queuing for a PIA flight at Brum airport found himself £5 short for his airfare & asked if I could help.I gave him £50 & told him to take half his family as well!!

...many of the categories you mention are already full up with white skinned wasters who were actually born here!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
...many of the categories you mention are already full up with white skinned wasters who were actually born here!

totally agree,but £50 would be a waste on them,unless it would pay for a mass cremation

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
To be honest ... I don't think he would have argued very much with that analysis. He saw the closure of the Surrey Docks pretty much as a self-inflicted wound. He had little time for those dockers who saw themselves as the elite of the working class.

He supported Charlton Athletic, rather than Millwall ... if you see what I mean. Bob Mellish, rather than Jack Dash.

I am not having a pop Lord B, I know I am confrontational but this is not an assault. Smiley face.

Mellish was a opportunist prick who sold people literally down the river, Dash was an idealist who was behind his time who somehow managed to get canonised, and the whole sorry story eventually got buried underneath a steel and concrete 'success story' so who cares?

But I would say as a case study in selling communities short, the story of Dockland makes what happened to mining villages seem mild. But because it was down south, and the locals expressed views that were unpalatable to many due to many pressures, they have been demonised. If Rotherhithe was Grimethorpe they would have had a lot more support from the 'chattering classes'.

You are a smart bloke you know what I mean.

I agree that Mellish was an opportunist. My grandad died before the Docklands Development Corporation came along, but I'm fairly certain that he wouldn't have been impressed by the later phases of "his Lordship's" career.

Like parts of the coalfields, Rotherhithe was a divided community. Some dockers saw a job at Tilbury as a passport to prosperity. Others weren't convinced.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I agree that Mellish was an opportunist. My grandad died before the Docklands Development Corporation came along, but I'm fairly certain that he wouldn't have been impressed by the later phases of "his Lordship's" career.

Like parts of the coalfields, Rotherhithe was a divided community. Some dockers saw a job at Tilbury as a passport to prosperity. Others weren't convinced.

Its not that simple. The vast majority of reclocations to Tilbury happened 10 years after the Surreys closed, after Millwall/WI docks closed. And most of them went to the Royals for three years. Most went to Felixstowe and moved lock stock and barrel.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I am not having a pop Lord B, I know I am confrontational but this is not an assault. Smiley face.

Mellish was a opportunist prick who sold people literally down the river, Dash was an idealist who was behind his time who somehow managed to get canonised, and the whole sorry story eventually got buried underneath a steel and concrete 'success story' so who cares?

But I would say as a case study in selling communities short, the story of Dockland makes what happened to mining villages seem mild. But because it was down south, and the locals expressed views that were unpalatable to many due to many pressures, they have been demonised. If Rotherhithe was Grimethorpe they would have had a lot more support from the 'chattering classes'.

You are a smart bloke you know what I mean.

Completely agree. I may be a middle class wotsit that takes my 7 year old to sushi for a birthday treat but I'vr got working class roots, me. My nan's family were all Whitechapel dockers and the word Mellish is spat with venom whenever I go to any of those interminable family reunions in Plaistow and Barking.

Bastards even bought me a West Ham top when I was born. Like f*** am I a cokernee. Anyway, I digress, the heart of the East End ftom London Bridge to Shadwell and beyond was ripped apart by Hitler and Mellish in equal measure.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You don't want to get my missus started on Bob Mellish and the LDDC. She's the daughter of a docker who was made redundant when the docks closed and has many bitter words to say about the whole process.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Aye. That there is. Some of it is pretty good too when you get over to Shoreditch way. Funny that about genetic programming. We've conditioned my 2, never to eat Maccy D or KFC and that sort of stuff.

Funny how many of us seem to have docker roots in the family. Makes you realise just how big an industry it was. My grandad was from Helensborough near Glasgow and his 11 sisters all worked on the docks skinning fish. Met my Whitechapel born nan when she was evacuated and he was stationed in Findon prior to shipping out to Malaysia. I bet that was some fisticuffs at their wedding.

And here's one for Bushy - back then Whitechapel WAS very ethnically diverse. My nan can remember Arabs with curly toed shoes and most of her school mates were either Jewish, dirt poor white English or families of Russian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portugese etc etc etc refugees.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here