Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

trouble in birmingham city centre

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
And here's one for Bushy - back then Whitechapel WAS very ethnically diverse. My nan can remember Arabs with curly toed shoes and most of her school mates were either Jewish, dirt poor white English or families of Russian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portugese etc etc etc refugees.
I will question how many portuguese refugees there were, and the lithuanians, polish, russians etc were all jewish refugees from the pogroms, all busily carving themselves out a place in mainstream society, not whining whinging and demanding special treatment.

If you've ever spent any amount of time in close proximity to the bengali "community" in the east end , then you'll know that it could be 300 years and they will still be a seperate and distinct group.

It must be said that this doesnt apply, in my view to the hindu and sikh immigrants , who have assimilated a lot better, and diverse though it may have been , there was a lot less state aid ie council housing , benefits etc handed out to recent arrivals for people to get annoyed about, however you dress it up , immigrants jump the queue for housing , the govt claim that housing is given out on the basis of need , this is true , but you can have been on the housing list for 5 years , have one child, and still not get a flat, but joao from mozambique can arrive here with 5 children , claim asylum and one month later he has a flat,his "need" is deemed greater, that, in my book is queue jumping, and he has obviously been so traumatised by his experiences in mozambique , that he has only spent 2 three week visits there in the last year.

Here's one for buzzer for the THIRD time,genuine question, how would you feel if over the next ten years , Tarring, or wherever you grew up and consider home, sees a steady stream of immigrants from third world muslim and sub saharan african countries , so that after a period of time the "locals" are in a minority, you rarely hear english spoken on the streets , the english kids in school are a genuine minority, who learn observe more islamic customs than they do western european christian ones, families that have been there for four or five generations are forced to move away because housing is allocated to "needier" cases straight off the plane , would you be worried ? or would you class anyone that voiced conern as "worrying too much "?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Your rumour is wrong the "LADS" are from Stoke Wolves and Brum and you know f*** all about it.

And where are the "LADS" Fighting Muslim Extremism? Afganistan? Iraq? Pakistan?

Err No Birmingham among Saturday afternoon shoppers.

If they opened a branch of KFC and Stone Island in Kabol our 'top boys' would be there in a flash of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here