Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Travellers in Preston Park again (now in Waterhall)...

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Outrageous double standards from the local authority. Disgraceful that minor misdemeanours by local residents and businesses are deemed to be worse offences than the travellers’. How much were the travellers fined? …we know the answer. Mind you, would be a brave council employee who tried to collect it….and therein lies the problem. How best to raise this with the council?
To clarify. About two years ago businesses along the seafront were told no more dirty bins to be put outside on the street. We have to leave cardboard and rubbish overnight after 6pm. Whilst transferring a box of cardboard between shops it was outside for about 5 minutes, not even visible. £110 fine as those council workers who chase women smokers who drop cigarettes saw it.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Won’t be long til they rock up at Waterhall because someone on the council “forgot to lock the barrier”. ….. again.

Filthy scum contributing nothing positive to society.
……and as night follows day about 50 caravans have pitched up at Waterhall in 4 or 5 different encampments ensuring as much damage, inconvenience and filth as possible. Seems to me that the Council is happy for them to be out of sight of local residents, day trippers and indeed the Council. Welcome to lawless Brighton and Hove.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
……and as night follows day about 50 caravans have pitched up at Waterhall in 4 or 5 different encampments ensuring as much damage, inconvenience and filth as possible. Seems to me that the Council is happy for them to be out of sight of local residents, day trippers and indeed the Council. Welcome to lawless Brighton and Hove.
I wonder what the stink Index is playing at today

mile oak

May 21, 2023
All I notice is a trail of stinky rubbish after travellers have been in an area, its tax payers that end up paying for clearing their rubbish up yet many tax payers have to PAY to empty their rubbish and book appointments to do that too! LEGALLY!

SteveU

May 31, 2022
Crack me up, I’m no tinker fan but if these were non binaries you weirdos would be saying why do they have to conform to normal living standards. Double standards.

SteveU

May 31, 2022
You couldn’t be more wrong. I would never support anyone who behaves how they do.
Wasn’t aimed at you individually but just shows the way it is on this board. As stated I’m no fan of their wrong doing, however they appear fair game, say anything against the ‘pro noun’ strange ones and it’s WW3. Couldn’t make it up. Double standards are staggering.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I haven't lived there for 45 years. What sort of council have you gote there now? I am guessing labour or Green.

Do you know what laws are available to deal with this?

How come the Tories haven't ranted on about this outrage and made it part of their manifesto to send them to Rwanda?

In seriousness, I would imagine there are a few law tweaks needed to ensure a clear and incontestable solution to this sort of thing, or it would no longer be a problem.

I'm sure the council don't actually want these sorts camping up. Why would they? 'To turn the electorate, who we HATE, against us!'.

So what's the solution then?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I haven't lived there for 45 years. What sort of council have you gote there now? I am guessing labour or Green.

Do you know what laws are available to deal with this?

How come the Tories haven't ranted on about this outrage and made it part of their manifesto to send them to Rwanda?

In seriousness, I would imagine there are a few law tweaks needed to ensure a clear and incontestable solution to this sort of thing, or it would no longer be a problem.

I'm sure the council don't actually want these sorts camping up. Why would they? 'To turn the electorate, who we HATE, against us!'.

So what's the solution then?
I’m sure there are rules, bylaws, guidance, etc in place to protect private and council land, and indeed the travelers’ rights, however the travelers seem to have no regard for these rules, etc so when they illegally move onto someone’s land the onus is on the council or police to move them on. This is always going to take time if met with aggression, non co operation, children, pregnant women, and anything else that might complicate the situation.

The Council is in an almost impossible position, however it grates on the local law abiding citizens when they are punished for minor misdemeanours (parking, rubbish, etc) because they are easier to trace and fine, yet the more damaging and disruptive actions of the travelers go unpunished.
I can’t recall seeing a traveler prosecuted for criminal damage, trespass, or whatever the correct technical term is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here