Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Travellers in Preston Park again (now in Waterhall)...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
For north Brighton residents.

Expect offers to redo your driveway. If you've got a building project on right now, remove all steel from the front drive/garden (24-7 .... they'll thieve when people are at home or on site!).

Not racist hearsay. We've been victims, I know many others who have been too.

Do not allow any conversation to get going whatsoever about 'a loose tile' on your roof or similar, after a knock at the door. I almost got trapped about 4 years ago, within 30 minutes I was under pressure from two Irish accent oaths about agreeing to pay £2.5k cash.

A few years ago in the summer I had a young lad, maybe late teens/early twenties knock and ask whether I wanted the roof on the house checked as he thought I might have a tile missing. I lied and said no thanks mate, I'm a builder by trade and off he toddled. Five minutes later I went into my garden and heard him talking to an older bloke in a very broad Irish accent that he certainly didn't have when he spoke to me.

After seeing Jodie Comer in Killing Eve, I reckon he could have a future on the stage as there is no way you would employ him as a f***ing roofer :lolol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
They cut through a very thick wooden bollard, must have chainsawed it, on the cycle/walker's path between Newhaven and Seaford the week before last, designed to prevent vehicular access, then presumably burnt it. Drove across the land and parked caravans right across the path, completely blocking it, left a fiat screen TV in the bushes along with loads of split open bin bags, on what is a nature reserve in parts. Utter wankers. The tax payer pays for the repair and clean up.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A few years ago in the summer I had a young lad, maybe late teens/early twenties knock and ask whether I wanted the roof on the house checked as he thought I might have a tile missing. I lied and said no thanks mate, I'm a builder by trade and off he toddled. Five minutes later I went into my garden and heard him talking to an older bloke in a very broad Irish accent that he certainly didn't have when he spoke to me.

After seeing Jodie Comer in Killing Eve, I reckon he could have a future on the stage as there is no way you would employ him as a f***ing roofer :lolol:

In my story, frighteningly/sadly, the same oaths were doing long term jobbing for a widower along the road. He was the best part of a centurion with health issues.

Then a week after I managed to escape their clutches, it’s a small world, the same oaths put in a new fence for the Ovingdean neighbours of my parents. 2.1m high, the wooden post holes set just one foot deep, on a hill top facing the SW.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Good honest men, fighting men :catfight:from good families, salt of the earth, and great for the environment.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Won’t be long til they rock up at Waterhall because someone on the council “forgot to lock the barrier”. ….. again.

Filthy scum contributing nothing positive to society.
If someone ‘forget’ to lock the barrier which leads to ’common ground’, Broadwater Green is such a site, then as they’ve not got on illegally, you can’t get them off.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
There were some on the seafront at Goring as well who I think have moved on. Maybe a pincer movement across the south to get to Brighton
Still there, rubbish and piles of garden waste everywhere, they cut the wooden bollards down to get in and out.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
After one of their previous stays at preston park myself and a workmate went for a walk in the park. There were large empty gas canisters strewn across the park probably borrowed from local sheds. Also loads and loads of TV stands possibly borrowed from local houses. Is was a shithole

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Expect offers to redo your driveway. If you've got a building project on right now, remove all steel from the front drive/garden (24-7 .... they'll thieve when people are at home or on site!).

Do not allow any conversation to get going whatsoever about 'a loose tile' on your roof or similar, after a knock at the door. I almost got trapped about 4 years ago, within 30 minutes I was under pressure from two Irish accent oaths about agreeing to pay £2.5k cash.
Yup, and keep your dog on a lead so it doesn’t get “swapped”.

I can’t speak for the race as a whole or those who have settled down, but the ones who travel the country are sub human scum.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yup, and keep your dog on a lead so it doesn’t get “swapped”.

I can’t speak for the race as a whole or those who have settled down, but the ones who travel the country are sub human scum.

I knew a bloke who fixes the steel gates at their camps when then there’s a legal issue. He had nerves of steel himself at intimidation and their love of gobbing. They also tried to take over a park in a nice suburb of Crawley, a friend and a huge number of locals gathered to successfully block them. The result … more gobbing. I’ve many rural clients, a regular discussion is “our friends were back last night looking to thieve”.

Scum.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
This is a topic that never seems to be discussed or even mentioned in manifestos, either at local council level or at Parliamentary level. Why? Because they’re all frightened of breaching human rights legislation. It’s pathetic when councils are struggling to provide basic services that they have to waste money on clearing up after these scum who rip off and thieve from locals and then move on……..without penalty/

Last edited:

I find it an odd one. The idea of being racist against a group who are a lifestyle choice rather than a race is confusing.

Romany gypsies are a race; although people have varying opinions on them. The classic Irish traveller is a bunch of people with expensive vans etc and no obvious income but have chosen to live that way. Finding their behaviour offensive and utterly unacceptable seems frowned upon.

There are probably some lovely ones, but I've been in pubs that have been trashed by them and seen the state of parks after they've stayed.

I despise the marginalising of minorities generally, but feel they hide behind it and take the piss in quite an amazing and seemingly untouchable way.

I also say this as a wishy washy liberal type.

They can all get to f***. Hate them with a passion. Have had so many issues in the past. Filthy 🥧 🔑.

Im in Withdean and last time they were here I did a karen type post warning people they were here. Instantly got removed and reported as racist. f***ing idiots. They are NOT a race. Such classic Brighton nanny stare culture that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Makes no difference, they have the wooden poles on Goring seafront and they just cut them down with chainsaws to get access - that's if they haven't just found an gate which has mysteriously had the lock broken just before they arrived.
The park with wooden bollards is surrounded by the Davington estate. Within two minutes of the sound of a chainsaw there would be a mob of locals on hand to redirect traffic. In the bottom picture the obstacles are made of stone. We haven't had any 'visitors' for 30 years.

And yet.....one of my neighbours (of 35 years' standing) is of Irish 'traveler' heritage. One of the finest kindest people one could hope to meet.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Credit goes out to Adur & Worthing Council and Buckingham Park Ward Councillors who lobbied for an earth bund to be built on the open green behind the mini Tesco in Shoreham last year which has since been built and seeded. The last time travellers decided to camp there warning signs had to be put up afterwards warning of human excrement being present.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I'm away at the moment but I strongly suspect I got a knock from one of them from my doorbell footage. After scanning the drive he rang the bell and with no answer went to the neighbours we share the driveway with. Thankfully Miss WS allowed her training to kick in and ignored the ring ..... although she does this even when she should be answering the door !

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Live and let live, everybody’s got to be somewhere, give them the benefit of doubt…

This is where I am (usually)

When they set up camp in Peacehaven, I avoided sticking the boot in on local FB groups etc. I’m mean, come on, it can’t be that bad. I was happy for them to prove the majority wrong.

The council provided skips for their rubbish, no, they just dumped all their rubbish all over the field.

They could have driven their cars across the field to the road at 10 MPH with their hazards on. No, even the elders had to do the 200 yard journey at 40mph shitting the life out of dog walkers etc.

I think they just want to be hated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here