Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transport watch - Cardiff game

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
As a bad fan last night I parked in Coldean ( running late from work). Other than Coldean Lane being very busy due to the roadworks there were no issues. In fact, there were plenty of on road spaces available for residents etc. and didn't look too busy when headed home.
I would not normally park there but have some of the raised issues from local residents been hyped a little? I didn't see anyone parking poorly or access blocked.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I was in that last carriage, one of the last people let onto the platform and a whole 4 seat table to myself. In fairness to those marshalling they did keep telling everyone to move down but most seemed content to stand 8 deep in the middle.
I'm sure you know the platform is not long enough to open doors to the 8th car, and only a metre wide where the 7th stops. That widening the platform here should only take a few grand and a weeks work to build a retaining wall is alas irrelevant [someone else can explain how and why the railways have been fked up]

Unfourtunatly I imagine its of no interest for Network Rail to invest money into something that has no finacial gain for them, they will get loads of customers with or without a wider platform.

Once Bloom has thrown more money at the training facilities and players perhaps he will see the future, MONORAIL

Attachments

• Mono rial.jpg
    Mono rial.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 56

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
First evening game for me last night and i looked on it as a learning curve/experiment.

Not overly impressed though. Left the stadium on the final whistle and got back to Haywards Heath at 23:40! Getting to the stadium was less than an hour so no complaints on the outward journey at all.

Still, am going to save true judgment until after Saturday.

Have to say though, crowds aside, the management and organisation is very very well done.

#barberout - just getting stung now since his arrival - we are not a premier league club yet!!! £7 for a pint and a hot dog is ridiculous. I wonder how many get thrown away afterwards at thos prices. Didn't see a single person eating one thinking about it!

Would suggest the late arrival into Haywards Heath was the fact that the trains from Lewes are poor that time of night? I now drive to Lewes and was home by 22:30, also left at the final whistle. Also for a Saturday games, stay for a pint after the match and all the queues are gone. Always home between 18:00 and 18:30 on a Saturday.

HTH

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully
6.30 and the queue is backed out the station. Trains are leaving 3/4 full. So many people are going to miss kick off.

If anyone missed the KO yesterday they've only got themselves to blame. I left London at 17.45 and got to the ground at 19.15. Straight on to a train at Brighton station at around 19.10. Going back, left at the final whistle, got the second train at 21.57 (ish) and jumped straight on the 22.07 to PP. Jobs a good 'un. Only minor niggle would be that they could've squeezed a few more people on each train carriage if they'd tried. Otherwise, ran like clockwork for me.

Jameson

I was in that last carriage, one of the last people let onto the platform and a whole 4 seat table to myself. In fairness to those marshalling they did keep telling everyone to move down but most seemed content to stand 8 deep in the middle.
I'm sure you know the platform is not long enough to open doors to the 8th car, and only a metre wide where the 7th stops. That widening the platform here should only take a few grand and a weeks work to build a retaining wall is alas irrelevant [someone else can explain how and why the railways have been fked up]

I have to say I despair of some fans who were queuing for the Lewes bound train. OK there were spare seats on the train but at some stage they have to make a decision and get the train away. There is a timetable and people have to realise that. Every train came through on time. There were long queues but nothing more than could be expected, FFS. I left after the final whistle, stopped for a wazz, ambled down and joined the queue, a couple of trains went through and I got on the 10:13 (I think) back to Lewes, picked up my car and was back in Bexhill by 11:10. I don't think that's bad at all. And certainly it doesn't warrant the " do yer Facking job you C**t..." in front of all the patiently queuing fans and lots of kids. I rather wait a few minutes longer than risk being shoved onto the track. The staff were getting so much abuse it was pretty shameful. Embarrassing. If you don't like it, fack off to West Ham and queue for an hour instead. :wanker:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I have to say I despair of some fans who were queuing for the Lewes bound train. OK there were spare seats on the train but at some stage they have to make a decision and get the train away. There is a timetable and people have to realise that. Every train came through on time. There were long queues but nothing more than could be expected, FFS. I left after the final whistle, stopped for a wazz, ambled down and joined the queue, a couple of trains went through and I got on the 10:13 (I think) back to Lewes, picked up my car and was back in Bexhill by 11:10. I don't think that's bad at all. And certainly it doesn't warrant the " do yer Facking job you C**t..." in front of all the patiently queuing fans and lots of kids. I rather wait a few minutes longer than risk being shoved onto the track. The staff were getting so much abuse it was pretty shameful. Embarrassing. If you don't like it, fack off to West Ham and queue for an hour instead. :wanker:

I was just about to post something similar, what a cry baby that "supporter" was.

We probably followed each other home I got on that train, parked in Lewes FC car park and was home just after 11pm.

Compared to last season we got the train after the one were used to get, a whole 15 minutes later than last year.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I was just about to post something similar, what a cry baby that "supporter" was.

We probably followed each other home I got on that train, parked in Lewes FC car park and was home just after 11pm.

Compared to last season we got the train after the one were used to get, a whole 15 minutes later than last year.

We left the ground just after 10 and were some of the last people to get on the 22.13, its worth having a drink,walk around the stands for 40 minutes then no queuing.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Had a BASTARD of a journey from Southampton with [MENTION=687]Carrot Cruncher[/MENTION] but arrived at Shoreham at 6.35

Got the 6.43, changed at Hove and then to Brighton.

Got the 7.18 from Brighton and arrived in time for a pie.

Left on the final whistle and just made it for the 9.47. Could have got the 10.03 from Brighton easily but a breakdown in communication (my fault) meant we got the 10.14. Back to Shoreham at 10.30

Back home at 11.40.

Smooth as you like.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
This might sound silly, but part of the problem could be that the stadium is right on top of the railway station. Had the nearest station been Moulsecoomb for instance, then fans would have to walk a couple of miles to get there, which would string them out and the actual static queueing would be reduced.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I didn't have any problems, but then I stayed behind for a pint. I know some people need to get away quickly but for me its a no brainer to stick around.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Straight on 6.11 train from London Road* - Pie & Pint - Football - Pint - 10.38 train back :thumbsup:

*only minor complaint was directed towards the STUPID girl that decided it was a good idea to sit on the floor of the train with her legs stretched out when it was standing room only.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Had a BASTARD of a journey from Southampton with [MENTION=687]Carrot Cruncher[/MENTION] but arrived at Shoreham at 6.35

Got the 6.43, changed at Hove and then to Brighton.

Got the 7.18 from Brighton and arrived in time for a pie.

Left on the final whistle and just made it for the 9.47. Could have got the 10.03 from Brighton easily but a breakdown in communication (my fault) meant we got the 10.14. Back to Shoreham at 10.30

Back home at 11.40.

Smooth as you like.

Wasn't your fault mate, just as much mine! Thanks again for the lift.

Cheers, might give it a miss Saturday then (not that there's really too many choices as I need to get to Uni parking) maybe stay on the A27 and double back at Falmer?

This is what we did last night. Joined the A27 at Shoreham, drove up to the Kingston roundabout and doubled back, parked in CP5; was intending to do the same afterwards to avoid Coldean Lane but turned at the Falmer intersection. Was home in Alfold about 10.50.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
As a bad fan last night I parked in Coldean ( running late from work). Other than Coldean Lane being very busy due to the roadworks there were no issues. In fact, there were plenty of on road spaces available for residents etc. and didn't look too busy when headed home.
I would not normally park there but have some of the raised issues from local residents been hyped a little? I didn't see anyone parking poorly or access blocked.

I parked in Coldean last night as well (further up in Hawkhurst Road). Parked at 7pm and it wasn't that busy really.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
People need training on how to stand in a carriage. If you get on a train and the seats are full move right down the carriage (quickly) and stand in the aisle. Don't stand at the doors staring at the full seats with stunned amazement thus stopping others getting on.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
This is what we did last night. Joined the A27 at Shoreham, drove up to the Kingston roundabout and doubled back, parked in CP5; was intending to do the same afterwards to avoid Coldean Lane but turned at the Falmer intersection. Was home in Alfold about 10.50.

Cheers ... getting out was a piece of cake, straight up Coldean Lane. Didn't do the Uni last year but assuming can't get in/out at the top end by the stadium?

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Cheers ... getting out was a piece of cake, straight up Coldean Lane. Didn't do the Uni last year but assuming can't get in/out at the top end by the stadium?

No definetly not in: 1 way only. Out they have let's us out that way occasionally when we have been in the top car park but that's unusual not the norm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here