Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transport watch - Cardiff game

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
No problems for me. Arrived in Brighton at about 6.30pm and parked easily in coledean. Got to the ground early to collect my ticket and marvel at the place as i've only been once before so i'm still coming to terms with the beauty of the place.

Left on the final whistle and got back to nottingham just before 2am having picked the dog up from my mothers near Blakers Park.

Worst bit of the journey was Coledean Lane and the roadworks at the bottom of the M1.
it's all about the m11/a1

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Could somebody tell me how far the walking path goes, the one that tracks the railway line back towards Coldean ? Is there a straightforward route from the ground to the bottom of Coldean Lane ? Cheers

Goes as far as the narrow rail bridge. You then have two options, straight on down the road turn right and use the subway under the Lewes Road that gets you to the bottom of Coldean Lane. Alternatively, turn right under the narrow rail bridge under the bridge carrying the new road off the A27, then a stroll through the woods that finishes opposite the Hikers on Coldean Lane. If leaving immediately after the whistle you'll be following many others using these routes.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Goes as far as the narrow rail bridge. You then have two options, straight on down the road turn right and use the subway under the Lewes Road that gets you to the bottom of Coldean Lane. Alternatively, turn right under the narrow rail bridge under the bridge carrying the new road off the A27, then a stroll through the woods that finishes opposite the Hikers on Coldean Lane. If leaving immediately after the whistle you'll be following many others using these routes.

Thank you. What's that, 30 mins walk ? Ta

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Parked at Coldean lane at 18-40. In my seat with a pie and a programme at 19-20. Didn't get out of the ground until 10 minutes after kick off. Walked back to Coldean lane, and drove home to Peacehaven, arriving at 22-30. Not bad at all.

People need training on how to stand in a carriage. If you get on a train and the seats are full move right down the carriage (quickly) and stand in the aisle. Don't stand at the doors staring at the full seats with stunned amazement thus stopping others getting on.

Couldn't the club in liaison with the Southern Railway mark out lines on both platforms to indicate where each carriage stops? Then stewards can organise a set amount of people up in each section, then when the train stops you should get a better distribution of people across the carriages. I am assuming that all trains regardless of whether they are eight carriages or less stop at the same place on the platforms.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Couldn't the club in liaison with the Southern Railway mark out lines on both platforms to indicate where each carriage stops? Then stewards can organise a set amount of people up in each section, then when the train stops you should get a better distribution of people across the carriages. I am assuming that all trains regardless of whether they are eight carriages or less stop at the same place on the platforms.

The problem is that when you have an eight carriage train, the doors don't open in the rear two carriages but rely on the fans walking through to fill them. A lot won't do that and just crowd in the gangways in the front carriages. I saw a train pull out with empty seats and no one standing in the last couple of carriages whilst people were still queueing.

The problem is that when you have an eight carriage train, the doors don't open in the rear two carriages but rely on the fans walking through to fill them. A lot won't do that and just crowd in the gangways in the front carriages. I saw a train pull out with empty seats and no one standing in the last couple of carriages whilst people were still queueing.

Longer platforms or stewards to coax people along the carriages then. If longer platforms are built then I think the marking up the platform solution could work.

The problem with this is that people will bunch where the doors will be (and avoid the spots where they won't be). This is potentially hazardous and therefore reduces the capacity of the platform.

The best option is to ensure that the number of people allowed on to the platform matches the amount of space that will be available on the next train to arrive. This is what the stewards should be regulating. But it does depend on folk moving down the train once they have got on it.

What I don't understand is why some people who want a train towards Eastbourne refuse to get on to a Seaford train and change at Lewes. The chances are that they'll be able to change to a London - Lewes - Eastbourne train at Lewes.

The problem with this is that people will bunch where the doors will be (and avoid the spots where they won't be). This is potentially hazardous and therefore reduces the capacity of the platform.

The best option is to ensure that the number of people allowed on to the platform matches the amount of space that will be available on the next train to arrive. This is what the stewards should be regulating. But it does depend on folk moving down the train once they have got on it.

What I don't understand is why some people who want a train towards Eastbourne refuse to get on to a Seaford train and change at Lewes. The chances are that they'll be able to change to a London - Lewes - Eastbourne train at Lewes.

Has the system I have suggested been trialled elsewhere m'lord?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here