Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transport watch - Cardiff game

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I cycled, walked, used bus, park and ride and train last year.

All systems are fine, some require you to queue for 20 mins - 30 mins max. But you can talk to people (home and away fans) around you, read the programme TSLR, catch up with NSC on your phone. They have everyone awayfrom the ground who wants to go within an hour, this is quicker than the Olympics park this summer and no one moaned there.

We still get back home about the same time as we did from Withdean.

That simply isn't true. On the 3 occasions I visited the Olympic park during the games we walked out of the park, back to Stratford Station and onto a train/tube having no more than 5 minutes to wait. I doubt that'll ever happen at Falmer! As long as people realise that everyone else is just trying to get home too, and that their own journey is no more important then the stress level will drop and the journey will be easier (if no quicker).

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
That simply isn't true. On the 3 occasions I visited the Olympic park during the games we walked out of the park, back to Stratford Station and onto a train/tube having no more than 5 minutes to wait. I doubt that'll ever happen at Falmer! As long as people realise that everyone else is just trying to get home too, and that their own journey is no more important then the stress level will drop and the journey will be easier (if no quicker).

Well your 3 visits trump my 2 - however I think we are both making the same point - just wait patiently in the Q if you want a bus or train bank to town/home

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Well your 3 visits trump my 2 - however I think we are both making the same point - just wait patiently in the Q if you want a bus or train bank to town/home

Indeed. :) If your journey is THAT important to the world then put your lights and sirens on. If you don't have lights and sirens then your journey isn't that important.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Parking in Coldean tonight due to old man not wanting to get the train/bus, they havent made it residential yet have they?

Not through legally enforceable means, yet. They have signs up saying residential, and apparently there were increased patrols through the area toward the end of last season. I n the close season it appeared that fans parking in residential areas was a problem, and there was something about the council wanting to put restrictions in because it is a problem, and might have caused problems increasing capacity. I believe there was something about a traffic survey and attempts to reduce the fans parking in nearby residential areas.

Why not try the bridge car park, see if the club offer a match-by match option for parking there. It's closer than coldean.

Albion fans can also purchase subsidised seasonal car parking spaces at the new Bridge car park, located just off the A270. To book your space please contact the Customer Services team on 0845 873 0251.​

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I agree, 10:14 from Brighton is definitely optimistic!

Why? Games finishes around 9.30. That gives you 45 mins to travel 7 mins on the train to Brighton. I've left on full time and picked up connecting trains that have left Brighton before 10 in the past. Let us know how you get on.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Why? Games finishes around 9.30. That gives you 45 mins to travel 7 mins on the train to Brighton. I've left on full time and picked up connecting trains that have left Brighton before 10 in the past. Let us know how you get on.

I do see that the timings make sense, but if for example I only make to make it onto the 3rd train from falmer, that will take at least half an hour, cutting it fine to make the 10:14. Although I agree it should be fine, you just never know!

Normally it wouldn't bother me one jot, it's only because I have the kid with me that I have to think about the timings. I would much rather stay behind for a few bevvies and hop on the train when I'm ready! Thankfully this is the only evening game he'll be going to so I won't have to worry about it again!

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
The ticket office at the Amex could not print off my Barnsley tickets this morning so I will be interested if anyone has experience of trying to use the local free transport with only a booking confirmation and no actual ticket, I am not totally convinced my ticket will get here before Saturday. Turning up at the local railway station with just a printed email confirmation sounds like fun, lol.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Just confirmed in the residents association newsletter:

Phase 1 Surveying - Currently underway to assess signing and lining needed to produce a full plan for consultation

Phase 2 - July to October, for a full 12 week legally-required consultation with all residents.

Phase 3: Formal Consultation: October 2012 to March 2013 for legally-required advertising of traffic orders and required transport committee meetings.

Phase 4: Implementation: March to May 2013 to install signage and lineage and issue (free) parking permits to residents.

Parking in Coldean - residents not happy. - Page 8

One Councillor was inclined to deny the increase in seats until the parking issues had been sorted (though supported it in the end).
The stadium Expansion decision thread. Meeting 2pm today. - Page 20

Travel conditions
The stadium Expansion decision thread. Meeting 2pm today. - Page 31

Highlighting the extra cost to the club because people have ignored parking restriction:
The stadium Expansion decision thread. Meeting 2pm today. - Page 32

Punishments for residential parking going over acceptable levels
Stadium application and car park application recommended for approval - Page 7

My reading of the info and on-street parking survey results recently submitted to B&HCC is that the club is probably resigned to some sort of formal/legal parking restrictions being introduced on matchdays in N Moulsecomb and Coldean. As I posted early, the club will have to pay for these.

Club say : Please don't park in Mouslecomb and Coldean!!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
The ticket office at the Amex could not print off my Barnsley tickets this morning so I will be interested if anyone has experience of trying to use the local free transport with only a booking confirmation and no actual ticket, I am not totally convinced my ticket will get here before Saturday. Turning up at the local railway station with just a printed email confirmation sounds like fun, lol.

You have the better part of a week to get your Barnsley tickets. Don't worry until the last post day before the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here