Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transport Levy....£30 confirmed as per NSC exclusive

Can't believe I have not heard that argument more often......perhaps they will reduce the price if we go up.:)
... especially if we struggle.

I've actually got a BRILLIANT idea. Matchday tickets should be sold at a price that reflects how well the Club is doing. When we are chasing promotion, people will be prepared to pay more. Tickets could be priced according to the following formula:-

Premier League games:- £50 minus the current League Position;
Championship games:- £40 minus the current League Position (ie £33 for today's game)
League One games:- £30 minus the current League Position;
League Two games:- £20 minus the current League Position.

As an incentive, players' pay can be based on takings at the gate.

OK ... They'd have to pay us to go, if ever we plummet to the bottom of the League. But why not?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
They could easily have said that they will abolish the travel voucher completely, meaning youwould have to buy as you get on the bus at full price (especially bad if you have to use several buses) and they also installed ticket barriers right across the station and make fans buy rail tickets at full price.

So 23 x £3.40 return by train = £78.20 (more if travelling from further away)
or a £30 increase in my ST price to cover travel = £30
Easy choice.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't have a problem with it at all provided they are going to reduce the car parking by the equivilant amount

You choose to drive to the Amex. You could drive to the nearest station, park up and then come in by train, or get the 17 bus with your travel voucher. As you choose to drive, then you should pay extra for the privilege.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
... especially if we struggle.

I've actually got a BRILLIANT idea. Matchday tickets should be sold at a price that reflects how well the Club is doing. When we are chasing promotion, people will be prepared to pay more. Tickets could be priced according to the following formula:-

Premier League games:- £50 minus the current League Position;
Championship games:- £40 minus the current League Position;
League One games:- £30 minus the current League Position;
League Two games:- £20 the current League Position.

As an incentive, players' pay can be based on takings at the gate.

OK ... They'd have to pay us to go, if ever we plummet to the bottom of the League. But why not?

I would be happy to pay the £49 a match on more than one occasion.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
What about stopping people using their mates kids tickets to access the ground?

I.E a adult using a childs ticket?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I dont mind. Im surprised they didnt do it last season and just kept it in the small print.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Anyway the thing to do is mail the club about the stupidity of the travel tax, if enough people dissent I suspect it will change with an opt out period where the onus is on the STH to prove to the club they do not need this additional tax.

So you are a NOMST then (Not on my season ticket)

Will you be applying that to other areas of your life too? - If you never get Hospital treatment or never call out the Firebrigade, would you demand a tax refund because you haven't used a service that was available and its unfair that you are subsidising others who do use it. Or if you never make a claim on your car insurance, why should you pay it if all you are doing is providing a pot from others to cover their claims from?

If this helps fans to get to and from games and helps keep the ground full (and could one day also end up helping to fund travel infrastructure improvements such as signals or platforms) Then i wouldn't have a problem paying this small amount a season even if I wouldn't directly benefit from it

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What about stopping people using their mates kids tickets to access the ground?

I.E a adult using a childs ticket?

Whats that got to do with this thread ?

Anyway, having shelled out £60 last year for two books of vouchers which have proved to be a complete waste of money, I'm glad its being properly incorporated next season and that EVERYONE shoulders the cost - if they didn't, we could've been looking at a LOT more than £30 a season for subsidised travel.

Now the walkers / cyclists will always have the trains and buses as an already-paid-for fallback option if their matchday routine alters, or if they fancy a change, perhaps if its raining or whatever. If not, well, its all for the greater good innit.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
... to say nothing of paying the costs of providing extra stewards to discourage unauthorised parking at places like Esporta.

with all due respect ed that is horseshit.

teh stewards are there to stop peopel parking in the university site. If you are a member of Esporta ( which is now Virgin) you can only get in via a barrier and you have every right to park there as Virgin have told us.

There are no stewards on the barrier now as the only people who park there are legitimate Virgin membersip holders....BHa never supplied stewards to man that barrier, they were supplied by Virgin

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Will you be applying that to other areas of your life too? - If you never get Hospital treatment or never call out the Firebrigade, would you demand a tax refund because you haven't used a service that was available and its unfair that you are subsidising others who do use it. Or if you never make a claim on your car insurance, why should you pay it if all you are doing is providing a pot from others to cover their claims from?

If this helps fans to get to and from games and helps keep the ground full (and could one day also end up helping to fund travel infrastructure improvements such as signals or platforms) Then i wouldn't have a problem paying this small amount a season even if I wouldn't directly benefit from it

Excellent post.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
:facepalm:

It's called efficiency. To save you looking it up in the dictionary that means functioning effectively with little waste of effort.:)

Indeed the cyclists and walkers will just love it

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

You are totally wrong, you have to pay for those services as a tax as you now do this

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Me and my boy get free rail travel due to working on the railway , so does seem a bit unfair but I suppose for an extra £45 a year we can get the bus from Mileoak . I take it there is a special bus that goes straight from Mileoak to the ground? And can we use the vouchers on this?

You are totally wrong, you have to pay for those services as a tax as you now do this
At least you now seem to accept that you will have to pay the levy.

Yes. It's a "levy" - not a charge that former employees of British Rail (and their families) feel they have some sort of "legal right" to opt out of because, once upon a time, their trade union negotiated a deal with their former employers.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
As has been pointed out previously by Lord Bracknell, extra stewards are needed for the car parks and there is lots of public transport readily available.

hmm..i work saturday mornings etc etc and for me its almost a necessity to drive..i pay for that privilege via what goes in the tank..i park up and walk 25 mins and get there just in time..so don't quite c yur point...however if the bigger picture is that the council will approve expansion then so be it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here