Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transport Levy....£30 confirmed as per NSC exclusive

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I'm not happy with it because the travel zone doesn't apply with me and I'll still have to get a normal train return from Eastbourne. But it's not a huge amount and it means the club gets the expansion. Wouldn't mind the travel zone being extended more East for the trains though.

Good grief!

What other club provides a deal that lets punters travel for about £1.30 return from several miles away?

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
None as far as i know - why else do you think im not kicking up a fuss about it ? Just saying that i and other fans in the East of Sussex arent really able to use it.

An off peak return to falmer from Eastbourne costs £8.50 and one to Lewes costs £7.10. Therefore you save £1.40 a time which is 10p more than £1.30 - so you're slightly ahead!

The more pedantic might argue that if we get promoted to the Prem, the travel will work out at £1.57 a game so you'll be 17p down!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
With news today, that confirms NSC's exclusive yesterday that £30 will be added to 2012/2013 Season Tickets (£15 for concessions) as a Transport Levy, do you think that this is the correct way to approach the matter?

In my opinion I think it is, I believe that the supporters who have unfairly taken advantage of not having bought Travel Vouchers have brought us to this scenario. The club (naively in my opinion) trusted the supporters to do the right thing, and hundreds, maybe a couple of thousand didn't.

Anyway, its going to happen, but the good news is that ST prices have been frozen (unless we reach the Premier League!) for next season. :)

not read all thread but re last point ST DDs will start before playfoffs decided & I can't see a Premier League sucharge being added on & backdated with £40m of TV dosh to boost the bank a/c

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
As one of those who bought the travel vouchers for this season, I will pay exactly the same next season. Regardless of that, the club have made the correct decision.

for me , having bought two books I will save myself 15 quid :) , and yet another who didn't use it at Withdean but no complaints.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Oh right so everything on NSC is the truth is it ?

Dear oh dear :facepalm::facepalm:

No but you are in a very small minority on here and from discussions at the game you are in a very small minority amongst those not on here to whom I have spoken. It is possible that the whole of the Shoreham Conservative Club is behind you but even that will, I suspect, leave you in a small minority. Time will tell.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No but you are in a very small minority on here and from discussions at the game you are in a very small minority amongst those not on here to whom I have spoken. It is possible that the whole of the Shoreham Conservative Club is behind you but even that will, I suspect, leave you in a small minority. Time will tell.

Great news so all you mates agree with you so you are right, you could not even make that one up.

Have no idea where the Shoreham conservative club is

Mackerboy

Sep 20, 2011
Ticket prices were going up anyway so whether you use the transport or not it's not too bad at the end of the day.

Brian is how people from London pronounce Brighton!

It's a Brighton Ticket.

Aha. Getting a Brianticket seems to have an effect on people up there

images

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Meanwhile, a certain poster seem to forget that his kids get subsidised every home game by the rest of the fans because they don't have to pay full price.

This.

I not only pay for his kid's ticket price to be subsidised, but as a tax payer I also help pay for his free train travel. It's interesting how someone who benefits so much from subsidy is complaining about paying an extra £30. If anyone should be complaining it should be tax payers with full price season tickets who are getting shafted by certain scroungers.

Last edited:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Well done to the club on bringing in a £30 transport levy on ST's and whatever it is on matchday tickets. This will stop the 15,000+ Albion fans stealing from the club when they thought they could travel for free. Looking at the bigger picture , this levy will be seen by B&HCC as part of a sustainable transport strategy when considering the application for the extra 8,000 seats.

Really don't understand why everyone keeps saying its stealing from the club? LB said earlier he assumes the club pay a lump sum to the train companies to run extra trains, aren't all the trains scheduled anyway? If southern aren't collecting vouchers not sure how they can charge any more?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have a solution

For those happy to pay the levy - pay it

For those unhappy to pay the levy - pretend your season ticket has gone up £30 due to the fact that we are playing better football and will be around the plays off which is far better than anyone could have expected. Then you can be happy you are not paying the levy.

(may be a little Viz but hey ho :clap:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here