Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Traffic Wardens - Be warned!

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I found out the other day that wardens have to wait 5 mins from entering your cars details in their machine before they can actually issue the ticket. Having watch a few in action the other day it appeared two were walking past vehicles and on the sly entering the details. Then when the drivers had though they had let them go they popped back 6mins later and quickly slapped the tickets on before the drivers noticed.

Normally wardens ask you to move and then issue it if you don't or havent when they come back. These two looked like they were on commision.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
They are complete tossers. BUT, they are only doing thier job at the end of the day. They are given a set guideline/target of how many to get. Each one that exceeds thier target, they get extra commission. Hence why they do things on the sly, to try and get more "hits".

Bastards that they are, someones got to do it. And if anyones to take the blame for parking enforcement, its the council, or the parking authority.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
If drivers didn't park their cars where they aren't supposed to, then we wouldn't need traffic wardens.

E.g. just popping in to Starbucks for a SkinnyMochaLatteFrappacino with the hazards flashing, or newspaper at the corner shop. Find a proper parking space and walk the extra distance you lazy bastards. :rolleyes:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If drivers didn't park their cars where they aren't supposed to, then we wouldn't need traffic wardens.

does that justify those that note down registrations then issue a ticket once you've actually gone (within the allocated time)? or those that ticket cars on private land becasue they apparently cant read and have no concept of where the actual road end and private property starts?

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Thought they physically have to issue either the driver or place ticket on windscreen for it to be issued?
I may be wrong but I was sent reminder through post. I didn't actually have the parking ticket as one morning about 6.30 I saw warden noting my cars details. I was off to work so got in and drove off before he'd completed it, so I didn't have the issued ticket that they were reminding me about.
Appealed and won.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
does that justify those that note down registrations then issue a ticket once you've actually gone (within the allocated time)? or those that ticket cars on private land becasue they apparently cant read and have no concept of where the actual road end and private property starts?

They need to serve the ticket to you, either by giving it to you by hand or by sticking it on the vehicle (and they usually take photographic evidence of this).

They put the details in their machine as they give you 5 minutes or so after the expiry of your ticket or after they first spot your parking to leave, so they just enter the details to make note of your car - if you've gone they delete it.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
More traffic wardens would be good who, as Toronto Seagull say, concentrate on lazy drivers who feel they can park anywhere. The most annoying are those who park on crossing zig zags to get cash out the bank.

Traffic wardens are also good when they spot un taxed cars and get them clamped pronto.

I have no problem with "official" ones, ie not sourced out like in Lewes for example, that is when problems crop up due to poor training or over zealos (sp?) people

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003

E.g. just popping in to Starbucks for a SkinnyMochaLatteFrappacino with the hazards flashing, or newspaper at the corner shop. Find a proper parking space and walk the extra distance you lazy bastards. :rolleyes:

Everyone knows that putting your hazard lights on whilst parking illegally renders your vehicle temporarily invisible! I never understand why people do this? :shootself

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Thats the thing there's too many drivers who think they can just park up where ever they feel like it causing problems to other drivers & pedestrians then moan when they get a parking ticket for doing it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
They need to serve the ticket to you, either by giving it to you by hand or by sticking it on the vehicle (and they usually take photographic evidence of this).

They put the details in their machine as they give you 5 minutes or so after the expiry of your ticket or after they first spot your parking to leave, so they just enter the details to make note of your car - if you've gone they delete it.

yeah, and of course they all follow the rules, and never ever try it on while trying to meet their quota. even if you win on appeal you still have the hassle and they still got a number towards their target.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
As a disabled driver I get a fair bit of licence over parking so get really angry when people use disabled bays without a blue badge or young lads who have clearly nicked (or to be generous "borrowed") the pass off someone. I find wardens are usually pretty helpful over inconsiderate parking but the commission system does mean that they can be somewhat over-zealous. Miserable buggers as a breed too! Still, if you were in a job where you were universally hated and people often made their views known to you, I guess you couldn't be expected to be a happy chappy could you?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
As a disabled driver I get a fair bit of licence over parking so get really angry when people use disabled bays without a blue badge or young lads who have clearly nicked (or to be generous "borrowed") the pass off someone.

Now thats something that pisses me off big time, The disabled bays are there for people who either cant walk or struggle to walk not for lazy tossers who just cant be arsed to walk.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This might be a little harsh, but HATE blue-badge holders parking on double-yellows. Double yellows are not there to look pretty - they are a safety feature - to prevent parking where it would be dangerous [on bends / near junctions, etc].

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
This might be a little harsh, but HATE blue-badge holders parking on double-yellows. Double yellows are not there to look pretty - they are a safety feature - to prevent parking where it would be dangerous [on bends / near junctions, etc].

We're not allowed to park on double yellows in dangerous places like on bends and near junctions, We're allowed to use double yellows for parking but it's still restricted to certain times and places and having a blue badge is'nt a licence to park anywhere we fancy and it's one of the reasons I get pissed off with people stealing the disabled parking bays.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
There are so many disabled parking bays at our local supermarket and I have NEVER seen anything like them all used....presumably when planning the car park ,they have a ratio of disabled to ordinary spaces they have to provide;nevertheless it does appear a little OTT.!!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
There are so many disabled parking bays at our local supermarket and I have NEVER seen anything like them all used....presumably when planning the car park ,they have a ratio of disabled to ordinary spaces they have to provide;nevertheless it does appear a little OTT.!!

it to provide enough for the boy racers who sit in them eating their MacDonalds before chucking the rubbish out the window

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here