Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Traffic Wardens - Be warned!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Couldn't agree more, it would be great if supermarkets were allowed to clamp cars parked in disabled bays if they do not display a disabled sticker. I would also like to see some very draconian action taken against the lazy bastards who double park to save them 'wasting time' when the want a paper or a packet of fags.

Parking Wardens are there because frankly they are needed. The simple way to avoid problems with them is to park legally and sensibly end of.

I have to admit that as my late mother spent her last few years in a wheelchair I have got in the habit of telling people who abuse disabled parking bays that illiteracy is not actually a handicap.
And I bet you congratulate yourself on your "great sense of humour" everytime you crack that little gem, also councils really go out of their way to make it easy for people to park legally don't they ? Their not interested in all that lovely easy dosh from parking fines at all are they ?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
3605 new offences have been put in place by this totaltierian Government (sept 08). All ways to punish you to take more money out of your pokets.

Of course the government will insist on traffic wardons being bastards and getting every fucker they can. Just like PSOs arresting Austrian Torists taking pictures of a Bus building. Binmen baracading you in your own home.

The country has gone f***ing mad and it make s me so very angry. And yet we ALL do nothing about the little f***ing shitty bastard hitlers that run our evryday lives. Bastards.

You may continue now.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Two little pointers from a couple of pals of mine who used to be traffic wardens in Brighton...

A) They used to have to stick the ticket on the screen for it to be 'served', so you could drive off before they had done so, and you'd have got away with it...

Not anymore, they just post it to you :(

And

B) For all people who put the hazards on when they park illegally...

A warden looking down a street will 'log' a car in the distance with its hazards on, and then, taking five minutes to reach it, will issue a ticket, having let the required five minutes elapse from 'logging' while walking to the offending vehicle...

Moral: Don't use hazards :thumbsup:

3605 new offences have been put in place by this totaltierian Government (sept 08). All ways to punish you to take more money out of your pokets.

Of course the government will insist on traffic wardons being bastards and getting every fucker they can. Just like PSOs arresting Austrian Torists taking pictures of a Bus building. Binmen baracading you in your own home.

The country has gone f***ing mad and it make s me so very angry. And yet we ALL do nothing about the little f***ing shitty bastard hitlers that run our evryday lives. Bastards.
What have I done to be ignored by these people of whom you speak?

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Sorry LB. Im not sure I understand what you mean. I have not mentioned anyone ignoring anyone.

Perhaps LB may have been errant on one of the 3605 counts you mention, and not fallen foul of one of the little Hitlers to which you allude?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Perhaps LB may have been errant on one of the 3605 counts you mention, and not fallen foul of one of the little Hitlers to which you allude?

I can be a bit think some times.

Are you saying that LB trys to stop these new rules comming in? Or he is one the people who does put the new rules in?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I feel like Im stoned. Ive not smoked for years. Im not understanding a thing here.

Does Lord Bracknell help or hinder with 'new rules or regulations'? There is nothing clever about not answering the poxy question.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Just so you all know, the official phrase is Civil Enforcement Officer now. :thumbsup:

And some of the rubbish being written in this thread really does make me laugh, in an ironical way.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
In certain cases it is, like people who park on white zigzags and people who park where it's so dangerous there are kerb markings alongside the double yellow lines. Both cases are instant tickets, take a CEO 30 seconds to compute and print the ticket. :thumbsup:

My record was 25 seconds, actually. Blatchington Road, oh yeah.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
In certain cases it is, like people who park on white zigzags and people who park where it's so dangerous there are kerb markings alongside the double yellow lines. Both cases are instant tickets, take a CEO 30 seconds to compute and print the ticket. :thumbsup:

Im my opinion its the "My record was 25 seconds, actually. Blatchington Road, oh yeah." that make people hate traffic wardons. Which, again in my humble opinion makes you a knob joky.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local

Bit of a bugbear of mine there NE, regarding the zig-zags...

Three points on your licence if spotted by Plod, as it's a 'Miscellaneous Crossings Offence' and rightly so, as the fuckers parked there are obscuring Pelican Crossings from drivers approaching

So many people think it's their personal little stopping spot. Wankers!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here