Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Traffic Wardens - Be warned!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I found out the other day that wardens have to wait 5 mins from entering your cars details in their machine before they can actually issue the ticket. Having watch a few in action the other day it appeared two were walking past vehicles and on the sly entering the details. Then when the drivers had though they had let them go they popped back 6mins later and quickly slapped the tickets on before the drivers noticed.

Normally wardens ask you to move and then issue it if you don't or havent when they come back. These two looked like they were on commision.

I'm confused why you think this is out of order? They see a car and enter the details then come back after the correct time has elapsed and issue a ticket.How stupid would you be to see a traffic warden next to you illegally parked car and then not try and move it straight away?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
There are so many disabled parking bays at our local supermarket and I have NEVER seen anything like them all used....presumably when planning the car park ,they have a ratio of disabled to ordinary spaces they have to provide;nevertheless it does appear a little OTT.!!

Minimum ratio of 6% I think.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I'd LOVE to be a traffic warden, being an ex-courier I know how frustrating it can be to find complete GOONS parked illegally. they should mix & match those jobs together i reckon!

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I'm confused why you think this is out of order? They see a car and enter the details then come back after the correct time has elapsed and issue a ticket.How stupid would you be to see a traffic warden next to you illegally parked car and then not try and move it straight away?

Its out of order because the decent wardens say move it or else I'll give you a ticket.

The snidey ones pretend they are not issuing a ticket and purposely then give you a fine you could have avoided.

I haven't got a problem with ticketing people who can't be bothered to find a proper parking place but if you are out working or delivering you have to park near where you delivering and you can't expect someone to pay £1 to park for 5mins.

The whole parking scheme isn't done to stop illegal parking its set up to give NCP huge profits from their car parks and to run the wardens and to give the council extra revenue so they don't have to increase council tax.

I have been told by two wardens that whilst they don't get commision they have are given incentives and are told to get tickets or they will be sacked.

Also some wardens have a bad reputation even amongst their own collegues, they give the good ones a bad name and it leads to the public hating ALL wardens. One told me its virtually always the same wardens that get code red call outs and its because they go out to get loads of tickets and wind drivers up.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
If drivers didn't park their cars where they aren't supposed to, then we wouldn't need traffic wardens.

E.g. just popping in to Starbucks for a SkinnyMochaLatteFrappacino with the hazards flashing, or newspaper at the corner shop. Find a proper parking space and walk the extra distance you lazy bastards. :rolleyes:

f*** that, usualy a spastic place outside that fits my porsche nice....:clap2:

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I'd LOVE to be a traffic warden, being an ex-courier I know how frustrating it can be to find complete GOONS parked illegally. they should mix & match those jobs together i reckon!

As an ex courier you also know that you only want to park for 5mins while delivering and most wardens say ok as they realise you need to make a living

Jan 30, 2008
I found out the other day that wardens have to wait 5 mins from entering your cars details in their machine before they can actually issue the ticket. Having watch a few in action the other day it appeared two were walking past vehicles and on the sly entering the details. Then when the drivers had though they had let them go they popped back 6mins later and quickly slapped the tickets on before the drivers noticed.

Normally wardens ask you to move and then issue it if you don't or havent when they come back. These two looked like they were on commision.
wake up zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :rolleyes:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I like the fact that Lambeth had to sack half their wardens as they fighting illegally parked cars with illegally parked people.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
does that justify those that note down registrations then issue a ticket once you've actually gone (within the allocated time)? or those that ticket cars on private land becasue they apparently cant read and have no concept of where the actual road end and private property starts?
Parked illegally then you deserve a ticket. If it's on private land then you shouldn't get one and presumably you would challenge it. Assume you have got the landowners permission to park there?

This might be a little harsh, but HATE blue-badge holders parking on double-yellows. Double yellows are not there to look pretty - they are a safety feature - to prevent parking where it would be dangerous [on bends / near junctions, etc].

Quite right. I also get pissed of with supposedly disabled people who park on a single yellow and then walk all the way around town carrying shopping and the like. Blue badges should be for the genuinely disabled and misuse should result in hefty fines. Repeated misuse should see bans.

Parent and child spaces are just that.
They are not for fat lazy tossers who don't want to walk 50 yards to the shop.
:rant:

Trouble is the supermarkets will do nothing about it.

This whole debate is reminiscent of the speeding one. Everyone berates the cameras but if you're not speeding you don't get fined. Your choice.

D

Deleted member 2719

Most are Wankers - I was Parked on Worthing Seafront eating my lunch the other day and some jobsworth pulled up along side me on a moped (Chips Style!) and said i was not aloud to park on the sea side in a van if i crossed the road i could park there then he moved a few cars down and moved another guy across having his lunch.

What Tosser made it law that vans can't park on the beachside but can park on the other side.

Is this just a Worthing thing?

:rant::rant::rant:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Parked illegally then you deserve a ticket.
Trouble is the supermarkets will do nothing about it.
Asda & Sainsburys car parks which are pay and display have the parking overseen by an outside company. Park for more than 20 minutes without a ticket and you get a £60 fine , park in a disabled spot without a blue badge and you get a £60 fine , park in a parent and child (u12) spot without children and you get a £60 fine. From each fine in a Asda car park that is paid , a donation is made to Tommys , a childrens charity.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Asda & Sainsburys car parks which are pay and display have the parking overseen by an outside company. Park for more than 20 minutes without a ticket and you get a £60 fine , park in a disabled spot without a blue badge and you get a £60 fine , park in a parent and child (u12) spot without children and you get a £60 fine. From each fine in a Asda car park that is paid , a donation is made to Tommys , a childrens charity.

But Sainsbury's don't do that in Haywards Heath and Tesco not at all. Pay and display would make sense everywhere and you get your money back when you actually use the shop!!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
f*** that, usualy a spastic place outside that fits my porsche nice....:clap2:

does it have "csider" painted with white letters in the space ? if not you cant use it :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
But Sainsbury's don't do that in Haywards Heath and Tesco not at all. Pay and display would make sense everywhere and you get your money back when you actually use the shop!!!
Watch out as Tesco use an outside company in their car parks to monitor parking and it is all done by camera , plus the fine is more. :thumbsup:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Parent and child spaces are just that.
They are not for fat lazy tossers who don't want to walk 50 yards to the shop.
:rant:

Couldn't agree more, it would be great if supermarkets were allowed to clamp cars parked in disabled bays if they do not display a disabled sticker. I would also like to see some very draconian action taken against the lazy bastards who double park to save them 'wasting time' when the want a paper or a packet of fags.

Parking Wardens are there because frankly they are needed. The simple way to avoid problems with them is to park legally and sensibly end of.

I have to admit that as my late mother spent her last few years in a wheelchair I have got in the habit of telling people who abuse disabled parking bays that illiteracy is not actually a handicap.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
They need to serve the ticket to you, either by giving it to you by hand or by sticking it on the vehicle (and they usually take photographic evidence of this).

Not any more. All that changed earlier this year, they can issue tickets through the post now on photographic evidence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here