Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Traffic Wardens - Be warned!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Perspective mate... seriously. My average was 0.4 an hour when I left in December 08. But if anyone was actually parked somewhere blocking traffic... I wouldn't hesitate. That's the job, fact. Parking on white zigzags used to be illegal, the Police would occaisonally enforce it, I've seen it a few times. If you park on zigzags, you're asking for trouble, and if you block traffic then you have to expect a ticket. I actually spent most of my time on Western Road, just moving people off yellow lines. Ironically, Stoo, I was the lowest ticketer in Hove (not just saying that, I'm quoting Rafa Benitez certified facts), but when it came to tickets on yellow lines I was probably one of the highest. I only cared about the proper "offences".

I feel like Im stoned. Ive not smoked for years. Im not understanding a thing here.

Does Lord Bracknell help or hinder with 'new rules or regulations'? There is nothing clever about not answering the poxy question.
Oh dear. Again.

Just to spell it out ... No - I don't help or hinder. Neither do I experience any oppression from a totalitarian government, traffic wardens, binmen or Hitler.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Bit of a bugbear of mine there NE, regarding the zig-zags...

Three points on your licence if spotted by Plod, as it's a 'Miscellaneous Crossings Offence' and rightly so, as the fuckers parked there are obscuring Pelican Crossings from drivers approaching

So many people think it's their personal little stopping spot. Wankers!

It's been decriminalised now so that the CEO's can do it, but the police still have the power to do it too, and if they catch you there's no questioning it and there's no driving away either. Honestly, anything like that I actually jumped on and I don't feel embarrased to admit it either. Anything dangerous like that is a joke, especially just to go into KFC!

The ONLY government regulation that I can claim any personal credit for getting introduced is a regulation that permits wheelchairs to face backwards on buses that have forward facing seats fitted with seatbelts.

Very specifically it is Schedule 1, Part 1, paragraph 2, sub-paragraph 3(b) of The Public Service Vehicles Accessibility Regulations 2000:-

Wheelchair spaces
2.—(1) A regulated public service vehicle shall be fitted with not less than one wheelchair space.
(2) Any wheelchair space shall be fitted to the lower deck of a double-deck bus or double-deck coach.
(3) Any wheelchair space on a regulated public service vehicle—
(a) shall comply with the requirements of paragraph 3; or
(b) where the vehicle is adapted to carry standing passengers and is not fitted with any seat belts for passengers which are required to be fitted by regulation, may comply with the requirements of paragraph 4 as an alternative to the requirements of paragraph 3.

In fact ... I'm rather proud of that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here