Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Tour de France 2020

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Maybe I need to find out more about this, but my first reaction is what an absolute disrespectful action to drop out of the race because you're out of contention. There doesn't appear to be any injury, just saving him for races to come. Le Tour is Le Tour, if you can finish it, you finish it. Not good to leave 2 winners out of your squad, then have your leader drop out. If everyone who wasn't in contention simply gave up where would the Tour be!!??

Hes been suffering back problems for a while....I seem to remember it being talked about in the media before the Tour even started?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hes been suffering back problems for a while....I seem to remember it being talked about in the media before the Tour even started?

Good job I started with "maybe I need to find out a bit more about this" :D Yes, rings a bell now that he did have some back issues. Didn't seem to be mentioned in the press regarding him dropping out though, although only looked on BBC to be fair. :rolleyes:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Good job I started with "maybe I need to find out a bit more about this" :D Yes, rings a bell now that he did have some back issues. Didn't seem to be mentioned in the press regarding him dropping out though, although only looked on BBC to be fair. :rolleyes:

I think its been on the cards a while tbh. My biggest surprise is that "Goat Man" Pinot is still hanging on in there. Would be amazed if he makes it through the next few days.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not to sure how many more 'distressed animal' adverts I can take.
Stat Towers is on the verge of being transformed in a sanctuary for neglected donkeys and lions.

The only question left is who should I leave them too in my will, which for the first time, I can get written on the cheap!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This is looking very interesting.

I really can't warm to Jumbo Visma, so I'd like to see what Landa can do if he continues to take it to them today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is looking very interesting.

I really can't warm to Jumbo Visma, so I'd like to see what Landa can do if he continues to take it to them today.

I'll wager, granted only 4 pence, Landa will blow up 1/3 of the way up the second climb, having looked imperious to that point, but not shifting another top 10 rider from behind him.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
The final 5 kms of the finish look nice.

Wonder if Bahrain and UAE have any kind of alliance...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'll wager, granted only 4 pence, Landa will blow up 1/3 of the way up the second climb, having looked imperious to that point, but not shifting another top 10 rider from behind him.

Oh come on Stat "Half Empty" Brother, we can live in hope it blows the GC wide open while we still await the start of the climb! :p

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I've had this on in the background whilst I have been working - not paying much attention.

When I last looked (about an hour ago), Wout Pouls was leading the pace in the GC group. Just looked again and he is still there. What a boss.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've had this on in the background whilst I have been working - not paying much attention.

When I last looked (about an hour ago), Wout Pouls was leading the pace in the GC group. Just looked again and he is still there. What a boss.

He's 'just' riding tempo.
Will find out soon what sort of tempo.

I'm still betting on this blowing up in Landa's face.
Which obviously is better than not 'trying' at all.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stopped Clock Stat Strikes Again.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Meribel is a great ski resort, only ever been once in summer and rode a mountain bike that day, this makes me want to take the road bike. Train down from London to Moutiere, ride up to Meribel, roll back down and train home. Sounds like a good weekend.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Crash resistant clothing :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here