Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Tour de France 2020

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Wow what a finish to the GC. Just when you think it’s a done deal. Roglic has to finish that climb knowing he’d blown the yellow jersey - How did he get through those emotions!? Will he regret the attacks Thursday when he left his team mate to try to win the stage?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I think the Roglic blowing it narrative is more than a little harsh. He finished 35 seconds behind Dumoulin, the best current GC time triallist. Not sure you would find many who would expect Pogacar to go that much faster.

True, although I think it was clear that Roglič did blow/crack, he lost a large chunk of time very quick on that climb and he was looking all over the place, coming over the line he looked close to death.

Having said that, I wouldn't bet my life on the result!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Miguel Angel Lopez, :ohmy: now that is a collapse. Lost close to 3 minutes to Mikel Landa, that is a joke of an effort.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think the Roglic blowing it narrative is more than a little harsh. He finished 35 seconds behind Dumoulin, the best current GC time triallist. Not sure you would find many who would expect Pogacar to go that much faster.

Agree, Pogacar has beaten the field by 1min 21 secs or more, that is massive. (I’m assuming a bike X-ray and dope test will be needed:hilton:)

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
True, although I think it was clear that Roglič did blow/crack, he lost a large chunk of time very quick on that climb and he was looking all over the place, coming over the line he looked close to death.

Having said that, I wouldn't bet my life on the result!

I don't totally disagree but do feel Roglic could he have done better on a better day, certainly, but still. If Roglic had beaten Dumoulin by 20 seconds he still been behind Pogacar in GC, that is just a phenemonal ride from Pog we have not seen this level of time trialling from a GC rider since Wiggins.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Remember last year when we thought the Bernal dynasty was beginning? He may never get close again if Pogacar can recreate this form year on year.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Wow! Just wow!

I don’t think we’ll see something like that again for a very long time.

The look of shock on Roglic’s face said it all. How did he do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
From Twitter:-

Spare a thought for the poor guy in Cambiago who is now spending his Saturday evening spray-painting a Colnago frame yellow

:lolol:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Remember last year when we thought the Bernal dynasty was beginning? He may never get close again if Pogacar can recreate this form year on year.

I have been saying this for three weeks now. I hope Bernal can get a shot against him next year.

Will the teams now be looking all out for the new younger riders to compete.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
FFS. I missed all this, after watching much of the tour.

Phew.... Eurosport are showing it now.

I love the apple cart being upset. Roglic’s team have dominated this tour in a Sky/Ineos way, with 5 riders in the top 30 dominating every day, Roglic with a small army of riders protecting and supporting him up every climb.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Bernal is still very young and was carrying a back injury.

Exciting times to come with these GC riders having youth on their side. I hope next season the others get teams around them with the strength of Jumbo Visma.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm certainly going to miss 'accidentally' leaving ITV4 on and watching The Professionals while cooking tea. :down:

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Watched us V boro instead on the £10 EFL deal. Turned over at the end of the game thinking it was all done and dusted and probably witnessed the greatest piece of TDF history for a few decades over the next 20 minutes....jaw dropping.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
It made a change to have a proper race as the Tour reached its finale rather than a Sky style procession. It was an amazing feat that in previous years would have raised many eyebrows and resulted in mutterings about the use of banned substances. Hopefully today's amazing ride by Pogacer was as a result of youthfulness rather than artificial assistance.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A deserved winner of this TDF. Three stage wins, in the Pyrenees, Alps and a tough Time Trial.

I bet he wishes he battled for some sprint points too.

He could have saved himself a fair few podium visits with one of these:-

s-l1600_14_500x.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It made a change to have a proper race as the Tour reached its finale rather than a Sky style procession. It was an amazing feat that in previous years would have raised many eyebrows and resulted in mutterings about the use of banned substances. Hopefully today's amazing ride by Pogacer was as a result of youthfulness rather than artificial assistance.

According to Eurosport throughout, the French sports media have been passing on innuendo about the performances of Jumbo Visma and Roglic. The usual stuff, they’ve been at since Hinault and Fignon stopped winning the home Tour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here