Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Tour de France 2020

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Disappointed it wasn't on Dragons Den, and dismissed as a load of bollocks.

Fat Lad At The Back.

As far as I'm concerned they need to spend more time dedicated to inventing industrial strength jersey zips. :lolol:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
So, would the polka dot jersey and a stage be a successful tour for Ineos? Got it on whilst I work again, and Carapaz... well, I wonder what he would have done if he were in the leadership role.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So, would the polka dot jersey and a stage be a successful tour for Ineos? Got it on whilst I work again, and Carapaz... well, I wonder what he would have done if he were in the leadership role.
In a word:-

no

It will be interesting to see if they just chalk it up to Covid or whether this might usher in an era of Inoes taking 2 leaders into Tours.

Or why his team went with disks when neutral service don't carry them...

Cos it's Ritchie Porte.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
It still baffles me why there isn't an agreed 'standard' for disc brakes so that neutral service can provide wheels. Ineos look behind the times, in their non-adoption of disc brakes... however in Porte's situation, they would only lose a handful of seconds.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
It still baffles me why there isn't an agreed 'standard' for disc brakes so that neutral service can provide wheels. Ineos look behind the times, in their non-adoption of disc brakes... however in Porte's situation, they would only lose a handful of seconds.

Way too many variables for the marketing department to try sell us, not to mention Shimano and their centre lock disks.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Way too many variables for the marketing department to try sell us, not to mention Shimano and their centre lock disks.
To be fair, it is like some kind of secret club trying to compare disc wheels and manufacturers offerings.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Just to clarify what I think I have read...

The KoM points today are based only on a timed split of the final climb of the TT. This means that whilst Pogacar has to get the best time possible across the whole course to protect his GC hopes, Carapaz can bimble up to the final climb on his road bike and then absolutely nail the climb.

Is that correct?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just to clarify what I think I have read...

The KoM points today are based only on a timed split of the final climb of the TT. This means that whilst Pogacar has to get the best time possible across the whole course to protect his GC hopes, Carapaz can bimble up to the final climb on his road bike and then absolutely nail the climb.

Is that correct?

That's what the guys on ITV4 said during yesterday's stage, yes.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I think the Roglic blowing it narrative is more than a little harsh. He finished 35 seconds behind Dumoulin, the best current GC time triallist. Not sure you would find many who would expect Pogacar to go that much faster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here