Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Look at the Maths. We're averaging 0.71 points a game. Thats 27 total if something doesn't change quick.

I'd rather not be a Norwich or Muff and play attractive, toothless football into the championship.

Was far more enjoyable in Hughtons first season, when we could defend, had leaders and had a bit more steel and a goal scorer.

We're garbage in the final third. But ooohh look at those lovely triangles in our own half.

Not for me it wasn’t. Kudos to CH for keeping us up but I lost the will to watch us by the end. I love watching us most of the time since Potter took over.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
If this carries on, it will be as depressing as Hughton 2018/19. It was awful walking away from most matches at the Amex that season wasn’t it?

It’s more of a Hyypia situation imo. Take a while to be bottom 3 with other teams really struggling at first. Then we drop in, confidence hit, Bloom taking a while to make a change. We play well but so impotent.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Another fustrating evening, Bale goal was a gift. Spurs really aren't that good we show have taken a point

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Bloody hell. Some of the negativity on here. Spurs are second in the Premier League, I repeat SECOND, we, Brighton, outplayed them for most of the match without our captain or recognised striker and were done by a disgraceful penalty decision.

Jesus, keep the faith!
Oh, you must be new here!
Apparently, we should be beating teams like spurs:shrug:
And bi polar disorder.(this is not funny, or meant to be, but it seems true)

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
No its not it is fans that want the club to win .**** playing the game the right way if we go down

We won’t go down. I want to be entertained when I watch my team. I want to see good football. No diving, I love the game. F!£k grinding out results, d&@k having an inferiority complex against the bigger sides. Potter sets us up to win. He believes in promoting youth. We’ve a chairman who’s a supporter first and foremost. Is loyalty to his managers. Seriously what do you want? Jam on it? Enjoy the ride. Beats standing in the pissing rain at Priestfield.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Burnley's the biggie. They can't handle Maupay and Connelly.

Think they'll start? ??? :wink:

I think they will. I had thought maybe it had been a bollocking and dropped today. Now I don't. Great performance today. Watching Spuds time waste was, for a potato, shameful. I'll be contacting a crinkle crisp pal of mine later to see what he thinks about his stinking shitters.

Onwards and upwards.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Very high chance we could. If we don't it will be mighty close and purely because of the 3 worse teams. We're treading water.

Much higher chance of relegation than mid table

So. Do you think we will?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Big teams like to let us plays ultimately they know they can just sit back watch us mess about with the ball and do nothing.

Today was easy for spurs and very predictable.

Huge game next time around if we can win things won't look so bad.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Don't understand this logic its not a free hit the big clubs are beatable just have to have the belief

Villa 7 Liverpool 2 and Palace beating Manutd and Southampton and West Brom drawing with Chelsea
It's all semantics. We're not expected to beat them, so no great shakes if we don't. the giraffe graph won't be affected.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think we will stay clear of the bottom three positions but we have to get a settled line up with two strikers.

There's too much mixing and matching - Gross at right back, Burn at centre forward, White central midfield.

My team: Sanchez, Veltman, White, Dunk - Lamptey, Alzate, Bissouma, Lallana, March - Welbeck, Maupay.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Very high chance we could. If we don't it will be mighty close and purely because of the 3 worse teams. We're treading water.

Much higher chance of relegation than mid table

Bollocks. :lolol: :thumbsup:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So you blame him for Kane backing into him.
I once saw a fella nearly get a broken neck when an opposition player did the same thing.
Only Sunday League but dangerous in my view.

I agree with you to a point, and Kane made a back for him, but as an experienced pro he has to do better, in that you’feel’ the presence of an opponent. Whilst I thought he was excellent vs WBA, but just felt he was a little off it tonight.

Was very surprised to see a pen given, but then VAR got every decision wrong.

Appreciate I’m in the minority but that’s how I saw it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Well, I expected a reaction after the second half vs West Brom and feel we got it. I feel a lot better after seeing the starting line up.

To me the game plan was to contain them for the first half and change it around 60 minutes but the early goal put pressure on that decision. To our credit we got on with it straight after the goal.

Observations.

We are not quick enough through the middle, nobody was on the same wave length as AL. We need Alzate near him.

White is not a DM. If it’s insistent that he plays a sacrifice at the back is needed - Burn would me my choice.

Solly didn’t the job required again and is a lot better than Bernardo.

Lallana should be played behind a front two, it’s where he is most effective.

We should be playing a front two, we have the personnel to do this.

Sanchez looked composed and I would start him against Burnley, great reaction save.

Poor marking again cost us today beginning to wonder whether 3 at the back should continue unless it’s massively worked upon.

I have never noticed until today how snide / dirty player Harry Kane is (England rose tinted glasses maybe)

Overall I am happy with the performance and will keep the faith, Friday is massive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s more of a Hyypia situation imo. Take a while to be bottom 3 with other teams really struggling at first. Then we drop in, confidence hit, Bloom taking a while to make a change. We play well but so impotent.

Knife edge just now.

Beat Burnley and a huge boost.

Fail to beat them at home (and I don’t give a **** about lady luck or corrupt VAR excuses), and you’re spot on.

ON FRIDAY WE MUST TURN GOOD PLAY INTO 3 POINTS.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Yep, you’re right. We should be winning against teams like Tottingham, who are now 2nd in the league, are full of international players and can bring off the bench a goal scorer who is on £600k a week. Yep, not good enough,

If it was one game then it wouldn't be an issue - but it comes on the back of draws at home to WBA and away to a poor Palace team (and 3 losses in the other 4 games). In reality Brighton have played one good game in seven - and that just isn't good enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here