Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Unlucky again.

We move on to next weekend.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Then you're deluding yourself. Will only survive if there's 3 worse teams......AGAIN.

We're not moving forward as a club. Change manager, change style, we're still shit and toothless.

To many bang average players i'm afraid.

It's a case of when not if

So how do you solve that problem? Look at the money that clubs like Leeds and Villa have. We’ve done very well to survive this long. Even plucky and their dodgy Russian money bit the bullet eventually

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Has it occurred to you he might have an unexplained temperature?

Of course it has, I was making a facetious point at a time when we seemed unable to score.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
We lost against tottingham at their ground, shock horror. It was a free hit and in the end I thought we showed them up. kane is a total tool, who spent most of the time emulating a certain player from croydon....so much so it became embarrassing. Young Benedict seems to be able to put the 'big' players in their place. It's no good worrying these so called big teams though, we actually need to kick 'em in the nuts when they're down and put any lesser teams away.
All in all though, it was quite ok

Yeah, it was quite OK, but we got no points again. The only thing that matters and we're not very good at it, be it against the top teams even when we match them or against the bottom teams when we often drop our standard

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I admire the values of Bloom, Ashworth and Potter. We’re going to play possession and passing based football, never wavering on that, and we respect the match officials and the spirit of the game.

Except:

1. Our defence lets in goals like clockwork, period.

2. We’re seldom going to outgun the opposition with that awful defence. We have a bottom 6 strike force.

3. A very long list of other PL clubs are more savvy in chiseling out those all important results. Whether it be mass defence, counter attack, diving, a midfield of dogs of war, a deep lying block. We’re not street wise.

Yes I know it was $$$$ Spurs, but the trend is obvious. Playing pretty football in spells has to combined with concentration for 90+ minutes, defenders hell bent on not conceding and game management.
Also, and I dont think this gets talked about enough- most teams in this league 'play good football '. We just play good football whilst creating nothing and defending like utter goons.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Then you're deluding yourself. Will only survive if there's 3 worse teams......AGAIN.

We're not moving forward as a club. Change manager, change style, we're still shit and toothless.

To many bang average players i'm afraid.

It's a case of when not if
So you think we’ll get relegated then?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I’ll never forget that away game a WHL near the end of Hughton’s reign. Entirely inept and unambitious

We hardly got out of our own 18 yard box that night, then still conceded late on. You shouldn't get embarrassed about football but that was close.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Christ, desperate marking for Bale's goal. Really ****ing poor.

difficult to see in datail, but looked like he walked into the penalty area, stood near the spot and waited for a ball to arrive. All our players were going 'oooh nice cross field pass' by the time they realised the ball was in the net. Naivety and pedestrian cranial activity strikes again.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I knew the equalizer came too early in the game. A few minutes later they have hit the post twice then an unmarked headed winner. Conceding soon after scoring seems to be a worrying recurring theme this season.
Played well again for 0 points though.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I think tactically GP nearly got that spot on.

White did really well to nullify Kane who drops very deep at times.

Sanchez didn't put a foot wrong

Lallana had some very good spells

Gross put in some good crosses

Only criticism was bringing Welbeck on for Trossard 10-15 minutes too late IMO

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Another good performance. No points but lots of good stuff to take into the Burnley game. Need to pick up some points over the next 4 games. Confident we will do so

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Naive.

We need to get in the ref's ear more eg time wasting in added time, he added nothing on.

We played fine but sorely missed Dunk's leadership.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
2 draws and 3 losses in the last 5 games - not good enough. Playing 'well' doesn't cut mustard if you don't get the results as well (even when you might deserve them). Two big games coming up in the next week and it is nearly getting to the stage that they are 'must win' games - if for nothing else than getting out of the current funk.

If this carries on, it will be as depressing as Hughton 2018/19. It was awful walking away from most matches at the Amex that season wasn’t it?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Christ, desperate marking for Bale's goal. Really ****ing poor.

Exactly. That’s why we lost. Shocking cover from Gross who I’m amazed even gets on the pitch these days and then Bale stood in front of goal in an acre of space. If we defend like that we are going to struggle to win any football matches.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
We lost against tottingham at their ground, shock horror. It was a free hit and in the end I thought we showed them up. kane is a total tool, who spent most of the time emulating a certain player from croydon....so much so it became embarrassing. Young Benedict seems to be able to put the 'big' players in their place. It's no good worrying these so called big teams though, we actually need to kick 'em in the nuts when they're down and put any lesser teams away.
All in all though, it was quite ok

Don't understand this logic its not a free hit the big clubs are beatable just have to have the belief

Villa 7 Liverpool 2 and Palace beating Manutd and Southampton and West Brom drawing with Chelsea

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Also, and I dont think this gets talked about enough- most teams in this league 'play good football '. We just play good football whilst creating nothing and defending like utter goons.

They really don’t, play good football I mean.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Why not? We bossed that game for large periods. Do that against a non top six team and we will pummel them. Like against Newcastle.

Trouble is, we mostly seem to do alright against top sides. remember West Brom.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here