Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yeah no.

No wonder he never got picked by Barcelona.

Yeah no.

Bale.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I have some for you if you think he’s done anything of note other than the pen [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you blame him for Kane backing into him.
I once saw a fella nearly get a broken neck when an opposition player did the same thing.
Only Sunday League but dangerous in my view.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
We lost against tottingham at their ground, shock horror. It was a free hit and in the end I thought we showed them up. kane is a total tool, who spent most of the time emulating a certain player from croydon....so much so it became embarrassing. Young Benedict seems to be able to put the 'big' players in their place. It's no good worrying these so called big teams though, we actually need to kick 'em in the nuts when they're down and put any lesser teams away.
All in all though, it was quite ok

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And fire blanks upfront. Lose at home, draw away and you’re down. Draw at home, lose away and you’re down. Lose at home and lose away, and you’re down.

Regardless of how pretty we play.

I admire the values of Bloom, Ashworth and Potter. We’re going to play possession and passing based football, never wavering on that, and we respect the match officials and the spirit of the game.

Except:

1. Our defence lets in goals like clockwork, period.

2. We’re seldom going to outgun the opposition with that awful defence. We have a bottom 6 strike force.

3. A very long list of other PL clubs are more savvy in chiseling out those all important results. Whether it be mass defence, counter attack, diving, a midfield of dogs of war, a deep lying block. We’re not street wise.

Yes I know it was $$$$ Spurs, but the trend is obvious. Playing pretty football in spells has to combined with concentration for 90+ minutes, defenders hell bent on not conceding and game management.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Decent performance and no points. Standard. Luck has to turn at some point.

1. Thought Sanchez looked solid - great save from Veltman!;

2. Veltman is quality, needs to keep his place;

3. March is going to be a big loss assuming out for a while. Will need to go to a back 4 as Bernardo is woefully short of quality at this level;

4. Trossard needs to sit out next game;

5. Playing White in midfield is ridiculous. He is a natural defender and we’re leaving a far superior and very talented midfielder in Alzate on the bench;

6. Have we ever been so reliant on one full back?! Praying Lamptey is fit for Friday.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Who thinks we’ll get relegated though? I don’t. Not for a second.

Then you're deluding yourself. Will only survive if there's 3 worse teams......AGAIN.

We're not moving forward as a club. Change manager, change style, we're still shit and toothless.

To many bang average players i'm afraid.

It's a case of when not if

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Once again played well everywhere apart from last third. Why didnt Trossard stay on and play with Welbeck. Instead only plan is to put our tall CB up front. We used to do that when I played park football.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Yet another game where we play well (mostly) and walk away with nothing. Something needs to change, and playing with no strikers is a decision that Potter should absolutely be held accountable for, ridiculous way to play a game. Complete lack of bite.
2 draws and 3 losses in the last 5 games - not good enough. Playing 'well' doesn't cut mustard if you don't get the results as well (even when you might deserve them). Two big games coming up in the next week and it is nearly getting to the stage that they are 'must win' games - if for nothing else than getting out of the current funk.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London

I am 100% in this camp

Bang on. We play football the right way. It’s the same old posters on NSC spaffing their loads when we lose. Desperate to put the boot in. F&@king modern football & self entitled @£)&’s.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
Bloody hell. Some of the negativity on here. Spurs are second in the Premier League, I repeat SECOND, we, Brighton, outplayed them for most of the match without our captain or recognised striker and were done by a disgraceful penalty decision.

Jesus, keep the faith!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
With no strikers, impressive !!

My feelings too. Was shocked at the line up, but to play AWAY at Spurs with NO strikers and only lose 2-1 is pretty impressive.

We have still won 1 game this season and are still out of the bottom three which is what I'd be happy with come the end of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here