Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Why not? We bossed that game for large periods. Do that against a non top six team and we will pummel them. Like against Newcastle.

That kind of performance and result have proven to be very few and far between though. Extremely so, in fact. Second half West Brom shambles case in point. I hope you're right, but I don't see it...

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Becoming like a broken record, fairly good performance but once again the defence all at sea for Bales goal. Are there three teams worse than us ?

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Good performance vs Palace gets us a point
Poor performance vs West Brom gets us a point
Good performance vs Spurs gets us nothing.

Unfortunately this lack of wins and inconsistency will ultimately end in relegation IMO

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We lost...again but I enjoyed the game. I support Albion and have done for decades. I expect us to struggle at this level but I am loving the way we are trying to play. Yes we are a bit toothless but it’s early days and I have total faith in what Potter is trying to do. Will we go down? Well yes that is a possibility but I follow this club and hope to be entertained, win lose or draw...and I am :shrug:

I don’t even know where my panic button is at the moment :lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Kane’s foot is on the line when Lallana hits him so, technically, a penalty. But was a foul on Trossard too without a doubt.

Sorry this just popped up - not sure if it’s been said but sure you’re wrong - it’s where the foul happens, not where he’s standing. And as he was bent over trying to win a pen you’ll notice those 2 places are very different. If you’re listening to the co commentator on the stream trying to justify it from an angle behind the goal DON’T!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Also, and I dont think this gets talked about enough- most teams in this league 'play good football '. We just play good football whilst creating nothing and defending like utter goons.

The non-Albion pundits and writers seem to loath the football style of Newcastle, Palace and Burnley. Can’t remember which Sky person it was, but after Palace got destroyed at Stamford Bridge, they laid into Palace as stinking out the EPL with non-football.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Whereas he played at least an additional minute to the first half added time, giving them a dangerous free kick.
United would've got 6 on top

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Decent performance and no points. Standard. Luck has to turn at some point.

1. Thought Sanchez looked solid - great save from Veltman!;

2. Veltman is quality, needs to keep his place;

3. March is going to be a big loss assuming out for a while. Will need to go to a back 4 as Bernardo is woefully short of quality at this level;

4. Trossard needs to sit out next game;

5. Playing White in midfield is ridiculous. He is a natural defender and we’re leaving a far superior and very talented midfielder in Alzate on the bench;

6. Have we ever been so reliant on one full back?! Praying Lamptey is fit for Friday.

Bernardo is embarrassing. What’s happened to him. WTF has Alzate done to deserve not to play?? Mental. He is better at playing centre midfield than White so maybe try and play him?

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
We lost...again but I enjoyed the game. I support Albion and have done for decades. I expect us to struggle at this level but I am loving the way we are trying to play. Yes we are a bit toothless but it’s early days and I have total faith in what Potter is trying to do. Will we go down? Well yes that is a possibility but I follow this club and hope to be entertained, win lose or draw...and I am :shrug:

Loving the positive vibe.....very inspirational!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Bang on. We play football the right way. It’s the same old posters on NSC spaffing their loads when we lose. Desperate to put the boot in. F&@king modern football & self entitled @£)&’s.

Look at the Maths. We're averaging 0.71 points a game. Thats 27 total if something doesn't change quick.

I'd rather not be a Norwich or Muff and play attractive, toothless football into the championship.

Was far more enjoyable in Hughtons first season, when we could defend, had leaders and had a bit more steel and a goal scorer.

We're garbage in the final third. But ooohh look at those lovely triangles in our own half.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
2 draws and 3 losses in the last 5 games - not good enough. Playing 'well' doesn't cut mustard if you don't get the results as well (even when you might deserve them). Two big games coming up in the next week and it is nearly getting to the stage that they are 'must win' games - if for nothing else than getting out of the current funk.

Yep, you’re right. We should be winning against teams like Tottingham, who are now 2nd in the league, are full of international players and can bring off the bench a goal scorer who is on £600k a week. Yep, not good enough,

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I agree with every word (although would rather win than be entertained personally). I had a little wobble pre kick off, but forgot how good we are and Potter is. Apart from the first 15, and some nativity and lack of football brains in the 5-58 stoppage time, it was a great performance.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Look at the Maths. We're averaging 0.71 points a game. Thats 27 total if something doesn't change quick.

I'd rather not be a Norwich or Muff and play attractive, toothless football into the championship.

Was far more enjoyable in Hughtons first season, when we could defend, had leaders and had a bit more steel and a goal scorer.

We're garbage in the final third. But ooohh look at those lovely triangles in our own half.

Now then, please only say positive things about how wonderful we play or the apologists will get very upset and question your support! You need to be aware that we shouldn’t just turn up and beat Spurs just because we are Brighton! Be thankful for the 4 wins in 25! :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here