Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Decent performance and no points. Standard. Luck has to turn at some point.

1. Thought Sanchez looked solid - great save from Veltman!;

2. Veltman is quality, needs to keep his place;

3. March is going to be a big loss assuming out for a while. Will need to go to a back 4 as Bernardo is woefully short of quality at this level;

4. Trossard needs to sit out next game;

5. Playing White in midfield is ridiculous. He is a natural defender and we’re leaving a far superior and very talented midfielder in Alzate on the bench;

6. Have we ever been so reliant on one full back?! Praying Lamptey is fit for Friday.

Can’t believe I’m saying this, but yes all of this.

Concerned Lamptey injured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Hands up who had forgotten what a snidey **** Kane is.:wave:

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
We won’t go down. I want to be entertained when I watch my team. I want to see good football. No diving, I love the game. F!£k grinding out results, d&@k having an inferiority complex against the bigger sides. Potter sets us up to win. He believes in promoting youth. We’ve a chairman who’s a supporter first and foremost. Is loyalty to his managers. Seriously what do you want? Jam on it? Enjoy the ride. Beats standing in the pissing rain at Priestfield.

Thats where as a club we go wrong a little bit .Too bloody soft we let other teams ref the game .We seem to be just happy that little old Brighton is in the premier league.

I agree I want to watch good football as well but too many of our fans in my view still have the small club thinking and go on about the past

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Another great performance with only two problems - we don't score enough from it and we couldn't stop a basic diagonal and cross. And, guess what, same old problem of no result at all as a consequence.

I don't think the MOTD2 boys are going to have their work cut to analyse our problems tonight. Time and again in the first half we worked it nicely out to a flank and Spurs had five players in their own box who needed to defend nothing but space. For their goal Lamptey was massively out of position and totally switched off, ending up covering no one and nothing, while the centre backs who should have smelled danger ignored Gareth ****ing Bale :facepalm:

Tactically inept and running out of lives.

As a bonus, though, Sanchez looks ok. Might keep the shirt for a bit or at least chuck Steele off the bench.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I agree with you to a point, and Kane made a back for him, but as an experienced pro he has to do better, in that you’feel’ the presence of an opponent. Whilst I thought he was excellent vs WBA, but just felt he was a little off it tonight.

Was very surprised to see a pen given, but then VAR got every decision wrong.

Appreciate I’m in the minority but that’s how I saw it.

:thumbsup:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Few and far between!? We have played THREE games against teams outside the big clubs. Have some ****ing perspective.

Well this season began so soon after last that I'm thinking last season too. This season has followed suit so far. I don't think we'll go down personally, but I'm not sure it won't be tight come the end of the season just yet. I haven't seen enough to convince me we've got enough in us to pull further away from the relegation scrap yet - way too flakey at the back and don't take or create enough.

But we'll see, a long way to go - I'm not writing us off just yet by any means.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I think we will stay clear of the bottom three positions but we have to get a settled line up with two strikers.

There's too much mixing and matching - Gross at right back, Burn at centre forward, White central midfield.

My team: Sanchez, Veltman, White, Dunk - Lamptey, Alzate, Bissouma, Lallana, March - Welbeck, Maupay.

Wow no trossard our best player bar lamptey. Lol.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
We won’t go down. I want to be entertained when I watch my team. I want to see good football. No diving, I love the game. F!£k grinding out results, d&@k having an inferiority complex against the bigger sides. Potter sets us up to win. He believes in promoting youth. We’ve a chairman who’s a supporter first and foremost. Is loyalty to his managers. Seriously what do you want? Jam on it? Enjoy the ride. Beats standing in the pissing rain at Priestfield.

Yep, that Potter sets us up to win, unfortunately he seldom actually wins does he? Absolutely diabolical record for winning in fact. Let’s hope we may get at least one more league win in 2020!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well, I expected a reaction after the second half vs West Brom and feel we got it. I feel a lot better after seeing the starting line up.

To me the game plan was to contain them for the first half and change it around 60 minutes but the early goal put pressure on that decision. To our credit we got on with it straight after the goal.

Observations.

We are not quick enough through the middle, nobody was on the same wave length as AL. We need Alzate near him.

White is not a DM. If it’s insistent that he plays a sacrifice at the back is needed - Burn would me my choice.

Solly didn’t the job required again and is a lot better than Bernardo.

Lallana should be played behind a front two, it’s where he is most effective.

We should be playing a front two, we have the personnel to do this.

Sanchez looked composed and I would start him against Burnley, great reaction save.

Poor marking again cost us today beginning to wonder whether 3 at the back should continue unless it’s massively worked upon.

I have never noticed until today how snide / dirty player Harry Kane is (England rose tinted glasses maybe)

Overall I am happy with the performance and will keep the faith, Friday is massive

Good and considered post but sadly missing a bit of toy throwing :thumbsup:

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Bloody hell. Some of the negativity on here. Spurs are second in the Premier League, I repeat SECOND, we, Brighton, outplayed them for most of the match without our captain or recognised striker and were done by a disgraceful penalty decision.

Jesus, keep the faith!

No shame in losing to Spurs. It’s the inability to beat teams (mainly when we’re winning) around us that’s infuriating.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I honestly thought we’d get properly turned over tonight, then the team selection made me fear for the worst

I was out and missed the start and started watching at one nil down but I was impressed with the way we played and yes we came unstuck in the end but we gave it a real go against a team that are one of the top six and have just scored six away at Man United

Hopefully Welbeck will get fitter and play more and Zeqiri will get a chance, Maupay will learn from this and start scoring.

It’s very early days of what’s going to be a very crazy season!

Come on Brighton!

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Then you're deluding yourself. Will only survive if there's 3 worse teams......AGAIN.

We're not moving forward as a club. Change manager, change style, we're still shit and toothless.

To many bang average players i'm afraid.

It's a case of when not if

The whole point of relegation (or not) is there are teams worse than you. You are a clever chap, look what you have posted and answer it for yourself.

I will give you a clue "if there's 3 worse teams" you seem to be blaming us for teams being worse than us. Have a word with yourself.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Came as close to a point as we did tonight, and nearly scored at the end in that game.

Brilliant defensive display

PLEASE don’t tell me that you thought the Spurs game at the end of the last season under CH was anywhere near as good as the way we played tonight.

I will start worrying about you if you do :lolol:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Not too bad but same story

Sanchez

Lamptey
White
Dunk
Webster
March

Alzate