Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

boik

If it was one game then it wouldn't be an issue - but it comes on the back of draws at home to WBA and away to a poor Palace team (and 3 losses in the other 4 games). In reality Brighton have played one good game in seven - and that just isn't good enough.

You seriously believe that we have only played well in one game? Blimey, your glass is completely empty!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Another great performance with only two problems - we don't score enough from it and we couldn't stop a basic diagonal and cross. And, guess what, same old problem of no result at all as a consequence.

I don't think the MOTD2 boys are going to have their work cut to analyse our problems tonight. Time and again in the first half we worked it nicely out to a flank and Spurs had five players in their own box who needed to defend nothing but space. For their goal Lamptey was massively out of position and totally switched off, ending up covering no one and nothing, while the centre backs who should have smelled danger ignored Gareth ****ing Bale :facepalm:

Tactically inept and running out of lives.

As a bonus, though, Sanchez looks ok. Might keep the shirt for a bit or at least chuck Steele off the bench.

At last! A sensible post on this thread.

Two things about Lamptey.

1. He doesn't mark his man, as you say. But is this deliberate (he has so much pace, etc)? Zahaha's equaliser last season...and again, and again.....suggests....it is a weakness.

2. He was asked to cut in tonight. Did it several times. That resulted in his goal......Potter has mixed it up and that pleases me.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Think they'll start? ??? :wink:

I think they will. I had thought maybe it had been a bollocking and dropped today. Now I don't. Great performance today. Watching Spuds time waste was, for a potato, shameful. I'll be contacting a crinkle crisp pal of mine later to see what he thinks about his stinking shitters.

Onwards and upwards.

Definitely. That was my first thought. I think we'll start seeing a more savvy GP. WBA was a big wake up call. Not all matches are equal. The Burnley match is as close to a must win as you can get in November.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Potter vindicated for me. Decent display. Nothing on recent form to suggest we’d have done any better with the players that were left out. The ones that came in did well, keeping the pressure on and pepping things up for Burnley - because we looked very complacent second half against West Brom. Sure, it’s the same old hard luck story but running Spurs close is no mean feat the way they’ve been playing.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Thats where as a club we go wrong a little bit .Too bloody soft we let other teams ref the game .We seem to be just happy that little old Brighton is in the premier league.

I agree I want to watch good football as well but too many of our fans in my view still have the small club thinking and go on about the past
It’s all a matter of opinion, for me I’ll never forget where we came from and how close we were to going out of the league. Honestly, the fact we play this way, we have falmer, we have Tony, we outplay teams. Christ on a bike. It’s AWESOME. I am half cut as well mind. Potter has us playing the game how I want it played. And yeah I’m a freak, I’d rather play fantastically and lose then play diving, whiny, time wasting antifootball and win. I’m loving this team.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
0.71 points per game. That's relegation form. Whatever way you rinse it. (27 total)

I don't want to go down, but results have to improve fast.

There are no points for style or possession.

A flying Everton, a quality Chelsea, decent but lucky Man Utd and Spurs - all top sides. Of the rest just one bad half of football vs Palace, Newcastle and WBA.

You cannot ignore the table where there are 4 teams below us without a win, all of whom look short of quality and luck.

We have the squad, we just need a settled formation because one week it's two strikers, then next it's one, then it's none.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Are you still banging on about stuff from two seasons ago? - jeez - let it go.

Benchmarking’s fine, it was only 18 months ago.

How did you feel walking away from Amex after Cardiff, Burnley, Stains, Bmuff all taught us how to play football on our patch?

That was a low.

Why are you unable to answer a simple question?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The ref had a terrible game - Kane completely bought that penalty and no idea how our goal sto od even though he watched Solly's clear foul on the monitor.???

It was funny watching him take ages on the decision which basically went like this

“Shit I’m right on top of this , look it’s me a metre away and I was ok with it, shit, I can’t undermine myself, I’ll get dropped, erm, erm, @&£! It the penalty I gave earlier was weak and I missed Brighton’s one earlier, erm erm, oh well these things have a way of working themselves out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How come 3 hours after that team selection we still end up with a complete and near perfect textbook performance. :facepalm:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

PLEASE don’t tell me that you thought the Spurs game at the end of last season under CH was anywhere near as good as the way we played tonight.

I will start worrying about you if you do :lolol:

You’ve changed your opinion since Monday! [emoji2]

Defensively the Hughton performance was better, offensively this one was, and of course we bossed possession.

Interestingly same amount of shots as tonight...... one more on target tonight.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Sorry this just popped up - not sure if it’s been said but sure you’re wrong - it’s where the foul happens, not where he’s standing. And as he was bent over trying to win a pen you’ll notice those 2 places are very different. If you’re listening to the co commentator on the stream trying to justify it from an angle behind the goal DON’T!

The camera looking straight along the edge of the box clearly showed Kane standing on the 18 yard line when he was fouled and therefore ‘inside’ the box. It was a penalty, unfortunately.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
A flying Everton, a quality Chelsea, decent but lucky Man Utd and Spurs - all top sides. Of the rest just one bad half of football vs Palace, Newcastle and WBA.

You cannot ignore the table where there are 4 teams below us without a win, all of whom look short of quality and luck.

We have the squad, we just need a settled formation because one week it's two strikers, then next it's one, then it's none.

Ha flying Everton. That saints and Newcastle beat
Quality Chelsea that West Brom’s ores three against and got a point
Lucky Man Utd that palace beat
But you keep making excuses

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wow no trossard our best player bar lamptey. Lol.

But he's not though. One good game, one bad game.

Break it down - we get worse when March and Lamptey are off the pitch, Maupay is our leading scorer and Welbeck has been brought in to provide the cutting edge we've lacked for so long.

Lallana is quality and a leader and was in the thick of it again tonight.

Trossard cannot do the defensive stuff that March can.

I'm not surprised the pale-faced Belgian had a poor game, last night was Hallowe'en - his busiest night of the year.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I felt entirely embarrassed by our lack of courage. It was spineless

Just looked at the stats and we had the same amount of shots as tonight!

Admittedly it didn’t feel like it.....

You see I like a good defensive display. The winner tonight was shambolic on our part.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Ha flying Everton. That saints and Newcastle beat
Quality Chelsea that West Brom’s ores three against and got a point
Lucky Man Utd that palace beat
But you keep making excuses

I agree really. The league's been so open - we haven't taken advantage at all so far

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Just looked at the stats and we had the same amount of shots as tonight!

Admittedly it didn’t feel like it.....

You see I like a good defensive display. The winner tonight was shambolic on our part.

Shambolic on our part but not at all surprising. Just a sigh and a roll of the eyes for me as Bale headed in with acres of space around him 6 yards out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here