Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yet again Officials on the big side

TV clock said 95:54 when the whistle was blown . . . . just as we were about to cross and equalise . . . . loads of time wasting at the end.
Yep.

Feels like the world is against us at the moment.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Yet another game where we play well (mostly) and walk away with nothing. Something needs to change, and playing with no strikers is a decision that Potter should absolutely be held accountable for, ridiculous way to play a game. Complete lack of bite.

Even Hughton didnt do that

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Thing is we are scoring goals this season. Can't keep them out though

This. Conceding 10 in our first 4 games was the more worrying issue. If it hadn't been for 2 farcical penalties against us, we'd have only conceded 2 in the last 3, and have 4 more points.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Whereas he played at least an additional minute to the first half added time, giving them a dangerous free kick.

Well will you look at that. The ref plays 5:58 of the six minimum additional minutes when we have the ball on the edge of the area and are about to swing it into the box.

Am I being uncharitable if I suggest the ref might have found some extra seconds if the roles had been reversed?

I suppose I should be grateful he let our goal stand.

Didn't take into account about 2 minutes of time wasting Spurs taking throw ins either...

Absolute wankers, the lot of them.

And there is a perfect little example of the clear bias refs have for the big teams. They get a free kick after the first half stoppage time is up - doesn’t look at watch - let’s them take it. We have the ball about to cross into the area at the end of the game, with spurs having wasted a good 3 mins of that stoppage time deliberately (which should all be added on) and he blows 2 seconds EARLY. **** off,, **** VAR **** the corrupt prem league and the dick head refs union. Absolute disgrace.

Ps - well played BHA - I need to let off some steam.

Glad it wasn’t just me. After he first halves VAR shambles too - yes ours was lucky (deserved twice tho) but we need some VAR rules - how far do you take play back etc. ***** all of them.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Of course he blows on exactly 96 mins, when we were about to put the ball in! Would never happen the other way round.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
At some point this bullshit luck we keep having will go away :censored:
Great performance and if we keep playing like this we are going to be mid table with ease.

Same old same old for me. Lacking quality in the final third. We can play lovely football but without that required quality we’re going to struggle.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Definition of naive: giving your opponents EIGHT throw ins in six minutes of injury time and letting them throw the ball into your corners for 5 and a half minutes of it. With seconds left, Bernardo plays it aimlessly backwards instead of into the box. Played well but too easy to score against so what’s the point. And no Potter, I didn’t expect to win that because we’re Brighton.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Well will you look at that. The ref plays 5:58 of the six minimum additional minutes when we have the ball on the edge of the area and are about to swing it into the box.

Am I being uncharitable if I suggest the ref might have found some extra seconds if the roles had been reversed?

I suppose I should be grateful he let our goal stand.

Sorry, wrong team.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It went a lot better than I thought it would, that's for sure.

But still, game after game and we come away saying the same thing about us not having the points or result we deserve. We're also told that the results will come eventually. Where are they?

Don't worry, we'll learn for Friday. :shootself

(I agree though, much better than I thought it was going to be but no strikers on the pitch and then only 2 shots on target for our possession and good play is infuriating)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
After we equalised we looked the better team for five/ ten minutes, but you can't let teams have the space we did for their winner, let alone Bale. Disappointing.
Home game v Burnley now looking a big game. I think Potter 'rested' Maupay and Connolly for the Burnley game. Need them to be absolutely raring to go.

I hope he also rested them because they're not that good . . .at top top level.

Nice to see GP's prepared to experiment with a 'free hit' another 'we deserved a point' game without one, which is a step or two up from 'parked a bus, battle field defending and only lost by one, or two'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here