Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Let’s also remember that as Prime Minister Boris Johnson has given us the highest inflation in 40 yrs, the highest taxation in 70 yrs, the biggest drop in living standards since 1956,the biggest fall in wages since records began & UK trade performance at its worst level on record

What a legacy to leave.

So, you're saying that he's WORLD BEATING?

WORLD BEATINGLY BAD

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What would Alistair Campbell know about what goes on at Downing Street ........................ Oh

*edit*

4 mins for a thumbs up ?

View attachment 149487

Anybody would think you had something else to do other than hover over NSC every hour of everyday waiting to give an 'ironic' thumbs up. I remember the good ole days when it would be seconds :lolol:

Potty is headless this evenig. So many of us to stick his 'ironic' thumb up. The oaf :lolol:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Inflation from printing money that the public demanded, which has to be paid back.

However He has no idea on how to deal with the issues

Inflation is a result of QE that goes all the way back a decade, alongside more recent supply side issues. The public didn't demand it. It was the unelected technocrats at the BoE that foisted it on us.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not sure why you’re trying to pick a fight on what is potentially a great day for all of us but you won’t get one out of me. You’re normally a very good poster so I’m not sure why you are acting this way. I apologise if my posts annoyed you.
Not sure what else you’re after :shrug:

Argument rescinded. Apologies. As you were.

(I was in a shitty mood today and took it out on you.)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1545154412288655366[/tweet]

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
There are those that will only see the negatives and cant empathise or reconcile alternative viewpoints. Although I've always thought he was a liability with little integrity, he has delivered a good chunk of the conservative manifesto and to some, that is enough.

I would also say I am very uncomfortable with some of the commentary surrounding his behaviour, particularly with regard to his personal life and kids. However much you might think otherwise, there is a human under there; sure he's a human who shows no moral compass, respect for authority or comprehension of the impact of his actions on others but there's a human nonetheless. Villifying him whilst huge swathes of the Conservative party members who put and kept him in power suffer little derision or stain on their character doesnt sit right with me.

They will get their turn, right now Johnson deserves the kicking for failing to recognise any part he played in his own downfall in his resignation speech.
All he had to do was strip the whip from Pincher immediately, and say "we thought he had put this sort of behaviour behind him" and he was in the clear, but the **** went straight for the Shaggy defence "wasn't me", sent others out to do the rounds and sell it, and got caught lying again, not able to discipline one of his fanboys, and seemed indifferent to his offending.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Arguments for remaining as caretaker PM until the autumn:

1. Lavish wedding party planned at Chequers in late July. Well cheers anyway - down the hatch.
2. Scraping all that wallpaper off the walls will take several weeks of Matt Hancock's time. He doesn't come cheap.
3. Shredding all the incriminating evidence from a BJ administration isn't a 5 minute job you know.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Arguments for remaining as caretaker PM until the autumn:

1. Lavish wedding party planned at Chequers in late July. Well cheers anyway - down the hatch.
2. Scraping all that wallpaper off the walls will take several weeks of Matt Hancock's time. He doesn't come cheap.
3. Shredding all the incriminating evidence from a BJ administration isn't a 5 minute job you know.

4. Keep taking the salary until the new money starts rolling in

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Argument rescinded. Apologies. As you were.

(I was in a shitty mood today and took it out on you.)

Thanks man, but I was likely coming across arrogant. It's the public school boy in me (ooh err). No harm, no foul as they say. Someone says that. I'm sure!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Honestly wouldn’t rule anything out - because Johnson is a sociopathic narcissist. Which still makes him dangerous and always will. He’s like a port wine stain on a white table cloth, that won’t ever fade entirely. A bad smell that will likely be hanging around British politics for a long time yet. I’ve no doubt about that because he will always believe he should have power, and will always believe there’s a way back. What a shame he didn’t die of covid for the welfare of our nation. A dangerous man who millions are still blind to as the damage is still being done tonight, and will continue so for every day this cancer remains in office. If he got run over by a bus tomorrow I would breath a sigh of relief for the simple reason it’s the only way we can be certain he’s definitely gone for good! And even then he’d probably become the Rt.Hon Poltergeist for Westminster. Such is the nature of this sociopathic narcissist. No, I wouldn’t rule anything out concerning this Gollum of British politics. Everyone should have learnt this by now surely?

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
edited

Attachments

• C5089988-6FAF-4FA8-AD4C-D6B2C0D7950D.jpeg
    C5089988-6FAF-4FA8-AD4C-D6B2C0D7950D.jpeg
    527.5 KB · Views: 184
  • AD59416A-6D87-42C8-A01F-D0F871B71B1B.jpeg
    AD59416A-6D87-42C8-A01F-D0F871B71B1B.jpeg
    821.3 KB · Views: 184

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Macer Hall of the Mail describing Johnson as leaving with great dignity…:shootself

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There are those that will only see the negatives and cant empathise or reconcile alternative viewpoints. Although I've always thought he was a liability with little integrity, he has delivered a good chunk of the conservative manifesto and to some, that is enough.

I would also say I am very uncomfortable with some of the commentary surrounding his behaviour, particularly with regard to his personal life and kids. However much you might think otherwise, there is a human under there; sure he's a human who shows no moral compass, respect for authority or comprehension of the impact of his actions on others but there's a human nonetheless. Villifying him whilst huge swathes of the Conservative party members who put and kept him in power suffer little derision or stain on their character doesnt sit right with me.
Disappointing post. The lying, cheating moral vacuum deserves EVERYTHING coming his way. It sits perfectly comfortably with me. He's an absolute disgrace.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
[tweet]1545154412288655366[/tweet]

You mean they haven't pulled the "Enemy Of The People" headline out of it's rancid little hole to tar those who have betrayed the fridge monitor?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Disappointing post. The lying, cheating moral vacuum deserves EVERYTHING coming his way. It sits perfectly comfortably with me. He's an absolute disgrace.

Absolutely, I think you're being too kind there Simster.
I’m a bit of a soppy **** (didn’t like the level of abuse Sami Hyppia got) but worrying about what this specimen is getting is hard to fathom.

His personal life alone is enough to disgust anyone. Bouncing from woman to woman, even while one of them he’s married to has cancer, fathering an unknown amount of children, getting noshed off at work, by a woman he tries to get a job for in OUR government. If he was a young working class man, or god forbid a person of colour, posters like Baker Lite, Carl Zeiss, Live by the sea, Mouldy Boots etc. would be starting thread after thread on his behaviour.

And then there’s the jobs, where do you start?? His cavalier approach to Covid that has given us one of the highest death rates in the world? The constant lying? Including to old queenie. Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe? The blatant disregard for his own rules during lockdown? Pincher? It goes on and on, oh and not forgetting Brexit and his lies and deception to bring about that disaster.

Basically, I've listed about a third of his 'greatest hits'.

Oh, and I like how he managed to set up a great day to bury bad news of his meeting with Lebedev, with HIS OWN bad news. I almost find myself admiring his chutzpah.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-62068421

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Voted the Tories in with a massive majority, bumble**** only got 25k votes. You do know that you vote for the party and not the leader …

I agree with half your post. The only people that could have voted Johnson in are the people of Uxbridge, Tory MPs and Tory party members. The bit that you vote for the party is the bit I don't agree with. Strictly speaking you vote for the person not the party. Couple of examples :

Putting aside the last GE and the Brexit question made it a bit of an outlier, I've always voted for the person. I have no party affiliation at all. I've previously voted for Peter Kyle as I think he's done a good job as an MP and appears to be a decent and honest person. I will probably vote for him next GE ( I obviously don't know the other candidates yet ). He could switch to any other party if he wishes I'd still probably vote for him.

Local elections in B&H next year. I will be voting for two of the Tory candidates - namely Dawn Barnett and Nick Lewry. Not because they are Tory but because I've had many interactions with them to get problems solved which they have indeed done. I've even had a 6am breakfast meeting at my house with Dawn, the Police and council officers - all arranged by Dawn. I'm hoping the ex-Tory, now Independent, Tony Janio will also stand as I've had very good help from him as well. What I won't do is vote for the third Tory candidate who is the infamous T1mmy H0dges. I'd rather cut off my testicles with a rusty blunt hacksaw. I'm hoping the voting slip lists him as Timmy Hodges.

So long story short, people should vote based on the person standing, not the party they are standing for.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You mean they haven't pulled the "Enemy Of The People" headline out of it's rancid little hole to tar those who have betrayed the fridge monitor?
The Daily Mail ceased to be a functioning " News " paper a couple of years back. They really can't see that Johnson is reviled by so many Tory voters now not because of Brussels, Moscow, left wingers or the hilarious and that mysterious cabal of " Remainer Civil Servants ", but simply by Johnsons own lies, greed, ineptitude and corruption.

There really does need to be a firmer control of the press and possibly other media as we are so frequently bombarded by abuses of free speech.

Any one of a dozen or so scandals concerning Johnson would have been enough to bring down an opposition politician or government. Think of Starmer or Sturgeon being implicated in Partygate, the Covid care home scandal, failed Track and Trace, Owen Patterson, the Downing Street wallpaper and the illegal prorogation of Parliament ? Plenty more scandals I've left out too.

All forgiven thanks to the obsession with trying to drag Brexit over the line to " cast off the shackles " that seamlessly linked us to our nearest and biggest trading partner.

Ex Tory Cabinet Minister ( and, there's one hell of a lot of them now ! ) Andrew Mitchell says there needs to be a " complete break from the Boris Years " , that is how toxic this corrupt liar has become.. as too is the Daily Mail who facilitated the corruption and lies.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Local elections in B&H next year. I will be voting for two of the Tory candidates - namely Dawn Barnett and Nick Lewry. Not because they are Tory but because I've had many interactions with them to get problems solved which they have indeed done. I've even had a 6am breakfast meeting at my house with Dawn, the Police and council officers - all arranged by Dawn. I'm hoping the ex-Tory, now Independent, Tony Janio will also stand as I've had very good help from him as well. What I won't do is vote for the third Tory candidate who is the infamous T1mmy H0dges. I'd rather cut off my testicles with a rusty blunt hacksaw. I'm hoping the voting slip lists him as Timmy Hodges.

So long story short, people should vote based on the person standing, not the party they are standing for.

This is certainly true of local elections but the last general election turned into a cult of personality driven by a media (Sun, Mail & Express) obsessed with bringing down Corbyn.

Back to local elections. A good friend of mine was ranting and raving about the tower in New England Street, ‘bloody greens’ he said. I requested that he looked at the councillor voting pattern on the minutes (I sit on a council strategy committee so know a bit about the mechanics) for the approval of said tower and sure enough, it was totally mixed as far as what party member voted for or against. Councillors had yet again, not voted on party lines. Your advice is very perceptive in this regard, especially in relation to TH. Find out about the person not the party when voting locally.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

Take a moment to read that again.

'He said it was "eccentric" for Tory MPs to be forcing him out'. Translated, that means he still doesn't think he has done anything wrong.

There is sadness at losing his job, but no admission, tacit or otherwise, that he was in any way instrumental in his own downfall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here