Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Macer Hall of the Mail describing Johnson as leaving with great dignity…:shootself

Apart from the fact he hasn’t left, and hasn’t officially resigned. He says he’s going to, but nobody knows when.
It’s all a show.

No resignation letter, and no visit to the Queen. He hasn’t resigned.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Apart from the fact he hasn’t left, and hasn’t officially resigned. He says he’s going to, but nobody knows when.
It’s all a show.

It will be a painful draw out experience.

Meanwhile, for the Tories, the current PM is set to drag them through the mud on an almost weekly basis with these two stories prominent.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politic...-into-whether-boris-johnson-misled-parliament

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62087508

If they wanted to draw a line under Johnson’s legacy, they’ve failed. He’ll be creating horrific headlines for months.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There’s a video of Andrea Jenkins screaming at the crowd as she left Downing Street yesterday ‘He who laughs last, laughs loudest. Wait and see’.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
It’s all a show.

Do you think that's his swansong? His final laugh? Resigning, not resigning. Going, not going. Telling the whole world he is going, but actually not doing it?

We have all been incredulous at events during Boris's administration, but this would be the most extraordinary development, unprecedented in the history of crowbar-ing Prime Ministers out of No. 10.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Do you think that's his swansong? His final laugh? Resigning, not resigning. Going, not going. Telling the whole world he is going, but actually not doing it?

We have all been incredulous at events during Boris's administration, but this would be the most extraordinary development, unprecedented in the history of crowbar-ing Prime Ministers out of No. 10.

And all enabled by the Conservative and Unionist Party of the United Kingdom. Strong and stable, strong and stable.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I think him and the ERG are cooking up something. If he meant it, he would’ve gone to Buckingham Palace yesterday afternoon and Raab would be in charge temporarily.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

As he sits reading the headlines of the Sun, Express and Mail as he picks on the remains of last night’s kebab he left out on the kitchen table, it would be a huge shock if he didn’t have a plan to stay, a tremendous surprise!

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
We need to be shot of him, now and for good! Only after he has gone can we even begin to start the long process of healing and uniting.......

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
And all enabled by the Conservative and Unionist Party of the United Kingdom. Strong and stable, strong and stable.

It's 7.30 in the morning, so I am sober, and cannot give this theory much credence. However, soon after the bar opens at 6pm, I predict I will be wondering if he's plotting a comeback. Calling a phoney leadership contest, to root out the real enemy. Wait and see.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Yes. This is something no one should forget...all of this was enabled by the party and all of its supporters. And it is not just Boris, the past 10 years have been a sorry tale of austerity, record levels of debt, record levels of Covid deaths, an economy now hamstrung by Brexit, lowest level of inward investment since records begun, bungled this, bodged that. It will take a generation or two to get back on it's feet again.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
It's 7.30 in the morning, so I am sober, and cannot give this theory much credence. However, soon after the bar opens at 6pm, I predict I will be wondering if he's plotting a comeback. Calling a phoney leadership contest, to root out the real enemy. Wait and see.

I don't think that is far from the mark, after all he is metaphorically Trump's 'genteel country cousin'....

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Just seen this, as the last of a long list of letters in today's Guardian:

May I propose a new blue plaque for London, to be installed at the end of Downing Street: “Here Lied Boris Johnson 2019-2022.”
Phil Sinnott
Crosby, Merseyside

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
My hunch is that we will put troops on the ground in Ukraine and as a result Johnson will demand (and be given by the sycophants) emergency powers to stay on as PM

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
It will be a painful draw out experience.

Meanwhile, for the Tories, the current PM is set to drag them through the mud on an almost weekly basis with these two stories prominent.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politic...-into-whether-boris-johnson-misled-parliament

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62087508

If they wanted to draw a line under Johnson’s legacy, they’ve failed. He’ll be creating horrific headlines for months.

Entirely. He will inflict a scorched Earth departure. Great article about this certainty in Guardian.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
According to LBC the conspiracy theories about BJ having some plan to stay are impossible. The 22 now have the reigns and set the business of the government. I suspect they are the ones who have selected this interim cabinet

I would say it's impossible all the time the 22 want him out.

I don't think it's a remote possibility that he will be able to stay.
But I do think he will be trying to stay with every fibre of his being until he has finally gone.

He's gambling that the political landscape can shift significantly in the next 3 months.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
think fantasists are ignoring he's resigned as leader, there'll be a new one within 2 months and they'll be PM. there isnt a path for him to trick his way in to remaining in office. i dont understand why, after years of incompetence, anyone thinks he's capable of strategic manoeuvre.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

He’s toast. The problem he now has is the dam will burst and all unethical crap he’s been up to will come out into the open. Playing free with state secrets as Foreign Security, lying to parliament over partygate and I see questions are being raised about his attitude to paying tax’s. The elephant in the room is the hole question of Russian interference and funding, it would not surprise me if stuff starts getting leaked by those close to Putin. It’s going to get very messy.

He’s going to face the same problems that Trump is having with investigations all over the shop. The problem he has that Trump doesn’t is that he is broke, he has no house … nothing.I reckon the reason he’s not left is that he has no home to go to ….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here